New stadium

DEANO

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Alot has been said about the location of the new stadium and we will lose city centre connections etc with pubs and the like. I was having a brief look at pubs in the area the stand out for me looks like the Blacksmith Arms in Huntington, YO32 9RB which (i havent been) looks like a nice venue and only 1.5 miles away from the stadium too, although advertised as a food pub they do mention they have a large beer garden and a large car park for the drivers. Any other suggestions? 

I think there are supposed to be half a dozen bars or so at the new stadium. Not yet sure what the choice of tipple will be but probably keg (John Smith’s smooth or similar) as it lasts. Real ale is past its best after 4-5 days. But if the East stand bars are open all the time then real ale might work.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Time will tell pal. I know loads of people who have already stated they don’t want the hassle of park and ride and won’t pay a tenner for parking

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

At the end of the day common sense will prevail. I agree with you Deano in the sense that if you make anything too difficult or too expensive it will put people off. However, the stadium has parking for 400 cars, far more that the old HS or BC. If folks car share then that’s up to 1,600 fans catered for for starters. I’d like to see discussions taking place with businesses including the Range (top half of their car park perhaps?) with a view to agreeing car parking arrangements for match days, that would benefit fans of the Knights and City, as well as those businesses who stand to benefit financially too. Going greener, special shuttle buses running from the city centre to the stadium, which is only an eight minute ride from Union Street car park. Then there's service buses too. Early thoughts off the top of my head, which could be explored. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Archived