Warrington Vs Widnes Tweets

18 minutes ago, Moove said:

Haha Wire got properly mugged off there. Nice!

Mugged off , good fun and good response from Widnes. 

Warrington are pushing various angles in publicity and marketing and its what all clubs should be doing.

16 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Seems an orchestrated move

Almost certainly.   Great work and hopefully the cheeky humour will add to the interest being generated by the other marketing tactics.   I’d love to see Warrington hit an average attendance over 12k next season.   Depending on how Elstone and the new team do with SL in general we could even see the last two corners of the HJ filled in within the next few years... ?

1 minute ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I’d love to see Warrington hit an average attendance over 12k next season.   Depending on how Elstone and the new team do with SL in general we could even see the last two corners of the HJ filled in within the next few years... ?

Can’t see why not.

Have to say I’ve really enjoyed visiting the HJ. The town centre location is ideal and the South Stand always seems packed & makes a hell of a din.

Warrington certainly seems well placed for the future.

On 16/04/2019 at 20:38, Cheshire Setter said:

Almost certainly.   Great work and hopefully the cheeky humour will add to the interest being generated by the other marketing tactics.   I’d love to see Warrington hit an average attendance over 12k next season.   Depending on how Elstone and the new team do with SL in general we could even see the last two corners of the HJ filled in within the next few years... ?

The corners are step 4 of a 4 part plan. North stand extra tier (inc an extra row of hospitality boxes) seated tier on top of the south stand. Hotel in the NE corner were all supposed to be before the West end corners being filled.

The pans are in place for capacity to go up to around 22k I believe. Should the demand warrant it.

1 hour ago, Alffi 7 said:

North stand extra tier (inc an extra row of hospitality boxes) seated tier on top of the south stand. Hotel in the NE corner were all supposed to be before the West end corners being filled.

Wonder how the hotel in the NE corner would work?   Built above the seating area?   Not sure we would ever achieve the need for 22k capacity but can only dream ?

Strange that extra tiers would be considered before filling in the corners.   I have no appreciation of construction methods or costs but I always assumed a ground based structure such as a seated corner stand or terrace, would be cheaper and less complex than adding a tier above an existing stand?

8 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Wonder how the hotel in the NE corner would work?   Built above the seating area?   Not sure we would ever achieve the need for 22k capacity but can only dream ?

Strange that extra tiers would be considered before filling in the corners.   I have no appreciation of construction methods or costs but I always assumed a ground based structure such as a seated corner stand or terrace, would be cheaper and less complex than adding a tier above an existing stand?

Yeah know what you mean, think the North Stand extension is favoured as it allows another row of boxes. I’m sure it would be more expensive, the last extension was £1.2m I believe.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news/10493365.hj-stadium-capacity-could-be-extended-beyond-20000/

Archived