Jump to content

Where is the Championship final being played?


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Has it been confirmed? Also what's the format of the play-offs? 

As a betting man, I would say the final will probably be in Toronto>>>CAN'T WAIT!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

Has it been confirmed? Also what's the format of the play-offs? 

Round 1

Elimination Final: 4th v 5th

Qualifying Final: 2nd v 3rd

Round 2

1st Semi-Final: Loser of QF v Winner of EF

2nd Semi-Final: 1st v Winner of QF

Round 3

Preliminary Final: Loser of SF2 v Winner of SF1

Championship Play-Off Final: Winner of 2nd Semi-Final v Winner of Preliminary Final

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrfranco said:

Yes, but the one thing it conspicuously does not say is the answer to the OP's question - where will the Championship Grand Final/MPG be played?

I already told you..its at the home field of the side with the best record...probably Toronto unless things change dramatically or there is an upset (which is possible).  Was in League Express ages ago...decision has been made.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smudger06 said:

Not been officially announced. As usual they'll be waiting to see whose in the top5 and book the cheapest option. 

No...the decision was formally made and announced at a meeting a long time ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

I already told you..its at the home field of the side with the best record...probably Toronto unless things change dramatically or there is an upset (which is possible).  Was in League Express ages ago...decision has been made.

You did indeed K'man - was responding to the post I quoted!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Canis Lupus said:

I thought it was agreed earlier in the year as highest placed finisher from the two who make the final?

Yeah I think it’s the highest seeded team will host the final. Can’t see Toronto v Toulouse selling out Headingley unfortunately 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2019 at 15:16, mrfranco said:

Yes, but the one thing it conspicuously does not say is the answer to the OP's question - where will the Championship Grand Final/MPG be played?

At the home of the winner of Game D (1st vs winner of 2nd-3rd), giving a fortnight’s notice for the venue so a week longer than was the case for £1m Game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

It has always been a neutral venue based on this format. Toronto will be guaranteed a home semi against the lowest ranked team ? Unfair if the final isn't neutral

Toronto finishing top would give them a home semi against the winner of 2nd vs 3rd with the winner straight through to the final. The lowest ranked teams play each other for the right to go to the loser of 2nd vs 3rd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

At the home of the winner of Game D (1st vs winner of 2nd-3rd), giving a fortnight’s notice for the venue so a week longer than was the case for £1m Game. 

This would be the best way to do it with this playoff format, IMHO.

Still not seen it anywhere official, and KMan reckons it's hosted by the finalist who finished higher in the league

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mrfranco said:

This would be the best way to do it with this playoff format, IMHO.

Still not seen it anywhere official, and KMan reckons it's hosted by the finalist who finished higher in the league

Which if Toronto lost game D would mean the venue not being decided until the week before 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Which if Toronto lost game D would mean the venue not being decided until the week before 

Hey Gubrats; What do you think of Argyles punishment for the comment?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Hey Gubrats; What do you think of Argyles punishment for the comment?

 

I'd assume that is within the RFL guidelines , ultimately wether it was 75 quid , 7,500 quid or 750,000 quid , he probably can afford it , but that doesn't mean he should be fined more than what the guidelines state 

So it's now over and done with as far as I am concerned , time to move on 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...