Jackson Hastings

4 minutes ago, Padge said:

Keep up, that was sorted out last week.

Oh, I see. And what's happening with that whole apartheid thing in South Africa, that's mess that needs sorting out?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Oh, I see. And what's happening with that whole apartheid thing in South Africa, that's mess that needs sorting out?

It'll all be sorted once they let Nelson Mandela out of jail. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

It is a matter of respect. As a Salford fan we have seen this far too often, one of the worst being Luke Robinson posing in a Huddersfield shirt before Salford had actually been relegated.

Players are under contract and are expected to perform for their current employer.

Being photographed in the shirt is odd. It's the kit of a team they'll be playing against and not a shirt they'll ever actually wear. I can understand that being an issue. Even at best it's just very tacky.

Holding a bit of £10 tat from the club shop with the team name on it seems neither here nor there though.

On 02/07/2019 at 08:54, DoubleD said:

That article is not strictly true about Leeds. They pulled out, as they weren’t willing to pay £400k when Hastings might leave after a year. 

Why on earth would Leeds be expecting them to pay Salford 400k... if Hastings is a free agent next season?   This story seems all mixed up.

Just now, DoubleD said:

Because Leeds wanted him now

I can understand that (and Salford were playing silly buggers), but the report and comments are not clear. In places it can read that he is wanting 400k for a year. And 400k is obviously off the scale.   Leeds did pay a fee I believe for Lui(?) so if serious they could have made a deal I would have thought.

The suggestion is that Hastings has an option with Wigan to go to NRL after 1 year.  This might suit both parties if Wigan themselves have other options.  Hastings seems sensible and fair bloke and is a good fit for Wigan... But in the end for him he has to see next year how good a quarterback he really is.

16 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I can understand that (and Salford were playing silly buggers), but the report and comments are not clear. In places it can read that he is wanting 400k for a year. And 400k is obviously off the scale.   Leeds did pay a fee I believe for Lui(?) so if serious they could have made a deal I would have thought.

The suggestion is that Hastings has an option with Wigan to go to NRL after 1 year.  This might suit both parties if Wigan themselves have other options.  Hastings seems sensible and fair bloke and is a good fit for Wigan... But in the end for him he has to see next year how good a quarterback he really is.

As I said, the newspaper report was incorrect. Leeds were willing to pay that fee but not when Hastings insisted on the NRL clause as they’d be paying all that money for what could just be a year 

23 minutes ago, JohnM said:

I think this might be why Salford rejected the  Leeds approach.

The Rhinos were so keen on the Salford star, they were willing to pay a fee and offer them players 

They didn’t reject Leeds approach and they have since taken Lolohea.........nice attempt at trying to be funny though 

8 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

If he were a "quarterback", he'd have been snapped up by Leeds. As he is a halfback (and a bloody good one!), he'll fit in perfectly at Wigan.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

46 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

If he were a "quarterback", he'd have been snapped up by Leeds. As he is a halfback (and a bloody good one!), he'll fit in perfectly at Wigan.

He is likely to be the main organiser. We will have to see who his partner is.

I have considered this for a while and to be honest it's time to move on. This isn't the sole reason just the straw at the end of it all.

Not so much through thick and thin  ............ as thin, thinner and disappointment.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

59 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I have considered this for a while and to be honest it's time to move on. This isn't the sole reason just the straw at the end of it all.

Not so much through thick and thin  ............ as thin, thinner and disappointment.

What do you mean by that? 

Archived