Batley v Toronto

Batley Bob

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be predicting a Batley win in our weekly prediction competition, as i have done over the last 5 years including against a lot of stronger oppositiòn than Toronto. We will give a good account of ourselves but the finances are a big say in Rugby League we make the most of the money we have. 

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

18 hours ago, RobertAM said:

on your cruise?  too bad,  Ricky Leutele and Matty Russell are a sight to behold

we will take russell and leutele no probs, and give you ward and brown. as for all this canadian tosh only thing canadian is the dollars in the players pockets, you see our lads play for the shirt and a few ££. i love it when the TWP fans come waving the flags from york/hebdon bridge/bridlington.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

There will be many, many, hundreds of thousands  of Canadians watching on TV (I will be one of them)...some will be there in person.

Really? Looks a dubious average 5000 max on tele. We do have satellite tv you know in Yorkshire unless of course each beer tent holds 500 paying spectators.

Anyway enjoy your mini hysteria while it lasts but be warned the rfl and super league have been known to move the finishing line and even dollop it in invisible paint.

What I would however enjoy watching is a Leeds v Toronto relegation/ promotion final

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

6 minutes ago, silverback said:

we will take russell and leutele no probs, and give you ward and brown. as for all this canadian tosh only thing canadian is the dollars in the players pockets, you see our lads play for the shirt and a few ££. i love it when the TWP fans come waving the flags from york/hebdon bridge/bridlington.

There are more and more of them everyday...you are going to have to spread that love around a little more after each and every meeting.  Don't spread it too thin though.

I think that we should enjoy KMs posts but don't take them too seriously gents.  At the moment his profile shows him as being 102 years old. Perhaps a hint that his posts are, shall we say, a little tongue in cheek.  

2 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

What I would however enjoy watching is a Leeds v Toronto relegation/ promotion final

No one would have enjoyed such an encounter more than myself....not going to happen though....

24 minutes ago, Bi11 said:

I think that we should enjoy KMs posts but don't take them too seriously gents.  At the moment his profile shows him as being 102 years old. Perhaps a hint that his posts are, shall we say, a little tongue in cheek.  

Still fit and trim...bin eatin the pemmican and living in the bush drinking the pure water from the eternal spring of youth....chompin on wild leeks and Saskatoon berries!

Bin whacking back the Maple Syrup to put a spring in my step and other things!

Ooo, it seems the grapes in Batley are of the sour variety

And they haven't even been beaten yet.

4 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Ooo, it seems the grapes in Barley are of the sour variety

Batley even. Barley is in our Beer

ovareer.  ??

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

55 minutes ago, colinb said:

Batley even. Barley is in our Beer

ovareer.  ??

Should have been Batley. Stupid auto-correct.

I don't get why there is antagonism against these clubs from overseas.  They apply to the RFL to join and are either approved by the RFL/present member clubs or not.  If the clubs did not want them in the competition then surely they would have voted not to allow them to join. At least now they start at the bottom tier and only by being successful on the field are they able to climb the ladder. It is up to the other clubs to up their game both on and off the field so that they are successful and prevent this from happening.  If they do not then I fail to see what they can complain about.

1 hour ago, fredm said:

I don't get why there is antagonism against these clubs from overseas.  They apply to the RFL to join and are either approved by the RFL/present member clubs or not.  If the clubs did not want them in the competition then surely they would have voted not to allow them to join. At least now they start at the bottom tier and only by being successful on the field are they able to climb the ladder. It is up to the other clubs to up their game both on and off the field so that they are successful and prevent this from happening.  If they do not then I fail to see what they can complain about.

all thats fair enough,BUT,  its only £$££$$  thats rebranded a squad of players from ex leigh/salford, they aint canadian. a tin a spam aint corned beef its spam,what happens when the big money men have had enough in say 10 years and the likes of maybe toronto/new york/ottawa and another 3 or 4 teams that have been mentioned take the place of HKR/WAKEY/SALFORD/ maybe take the chance of a fev or fax getting to the top too,weres that leave us if they cant make it back once the damage is done.

1 hour ago, fredm said:

Most supporters that I have spoke to cant wait until twp goes to sl.  It's not that they didn't welcome them into our leagues, but could be that they have no support to our home games and bring in no extra revenue to our clubs. Also the money that they have at their disposal to build the squad that they have. I really cant see how such a small club like batley can up their game on and off the field to be more successful. We aint got a very rich sugar daddy. It is a sport now where money buys you success.  If you don't believe it fredm just take a look at the league positions. The poorest clubs with the fewest support are at the bottom of the league. And in the foreseeable future I cant see this changing. 

2 hours ago, fredm said:

There is only really any antagonism/banter when they play us. Same as with any other side really. 

18 hours ago, Bi11 said:

i'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU..I EVEN  GAVE YOU A BIT OF TIME!~take a look see at that date in more detail this time and then do a bit of research and then get back to me....you just might learn something today.

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

i'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU..I EVEN  GAVE YOU A BIT OF TIME!~take a look see at that date in more detail this time and then do a bit of research and then get back to me....you just might lean something today.

I trust that we are not back to WW1 KM.  If you are then I need to consult BSJ, although he was only a bairn at the time.

11 hours ago, Kayakman said:

i'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU..I EVEN  GAVE YOU A BIT OF TIME!~take a look see at that date in more detail this time and then do a bit of research and then get back to me....you just might lean something today.

Proof reader here Kayakman.....Lean.....Learn.....??

Youll' find Bi11 leaning on me int'nineoyl at t'mount.....he may be learning as well. 

Keep smiling.  All good banter in the Rugby family. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

19 hours ago, TIWIT said:

Ooo, it seems the grapes in Batley are of the sour variety

its not sour grapes at all. you might win but you said that when fev turned up with 14 players and they spanked yer rear. anyway the idea of a canadian team coming over would be fantastic, and i love the world cup games so if i booked a ticket for a PNG game and sheffield came rocking out changing rooms i would be off home,bring in half a dozen locals or even some ex gridiron players that were mentioned 3 years ago. who were going to be very strong for us mere league players to handle and i would be buying tickets no probs at all.

Archived