English kid Herbie farnworth set for NRL debut

Just now, Dunbar said:

If it weren't for that spectacular try with his first touch, I would say Oates endured a torrid debut.

You could see star quality in Coates with his try and similarly freakish disallowed one. Natural talent etc.

Not that this is about Coates v Farnworth but I’d imagine the former is more likely to be a regular starter at the present time. 

Just now, Man of Kent said:

You could see star quality in Coates with his try and similarly freakish disallowed one. Natural talent etc.

Not that this is about Coates v Farnworth but I’d imagine the former is more likely to be a regular starter at the present time. 

Yes, fair enough. He does like an exciting prospect. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

42 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Winning debut for Farnworth but used almost exclusively as a metre-eater coming out of the Broncos’ end with very little possession in good ball.

Overshadowed by the other debutant wing Xavier Coates but solid enough without catching the eye. 

Excellent stuff.  Is he qualified for Endland?

12 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I think he’ll qualify for both England and Australia but weirdly they’d have to change their rules for him to qualify for origin. 

14 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

He's from some place called Blacko, which sure sounds like a pit town to me.

1 minute ago, Farmduck said:

He's from some place called Blacko, which sure sounds like a pit town to me.

In leafy Pendle, within wonderful Lancashire, so he would play for the Red Rose in their origin game.

17 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I think he’ll qualify for both England and Australia but weirdly they’d have to change their rules for him to qualify for origin. 

He may qualify for Australia in the future on residency but only after having lived there continuously for five years.

rldfsignature.jpg

5 minutes ago, Allora said:

Lots of conjecture about his Test nation eligibility after his first top grade game.

According to our illustrious National Coach that one game makes him more qualified than any of our Super League based players!

Farnworth has been named in the cente for this weeks game. Will be interested to see if he does get a run there in only his second NRL game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Farnworth has been named in the cente for this weeks game. Will be interested to see if he does get a run there in only his second NRL game.

I expect he will - we don't have any other options left, thanks to injuries and the inexplicable decision to let Roberts go. Our other rookie centre is now out for a month, so Herbie has a great unexpected chance to cement a spot. 

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Been playing centre for Norths in the last few weeks. I thought that was what Brisbane had in mind.

6 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Get a run being the key phrase . They did say he was rapid but they hardly got him involved in attack at all 

Archived