North Wales Crusaders

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Brookie said:

No Marwood again. Why sign him on trial and not play him?  Think he'll go back to Barrow Island. Or even the Jammies

Can't fathom the logic when it comes to lads like Blain Marwood. His form at Barrow Island and his illustrious pedigree allerted clubs further up the RL food chain and we were the club to take him on trial. Now it looks like he will either drift back to his amateur club, or worse, be picked up by another outfit with an eye to the future. But of course that line of thinking seems to be anathema at DP where signing weary old journeymen to lift us out of mediocrity is a ploy that is backfiring spectacularly. 

There is no doubt that Jamie Doran is ,at his best, a game changer but it is plain to see that at the moment he is well off the pace so this should have been the perfect opportunity to pair Marwood with Buffer to see what happens. 

I do hope that Karl is fit enough to play because he has the attitude that resents giving best to anybody-home or away- and that quality has been sadly lacking in recent games.  

Really strange we only name 18 in the squad, Blain was obviously training Wednesday going by the photos but isn’t named in the squad. Would have thought an ideal time to let him show what he can do even if it meant extending his trial or giving him a contract to the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Really strange we only name 18 in the squad, Blain was obviously training Wednesday going by the photos but isn’t named in the squad. Would have thought an ideal time to let him show what he can do even if it meant extending his trial or giving him a contract to the end of the season. 

I see that Barrow Island won away at East Leeds today. I wonder if Blain Marwood played?  

1 minute ago, Seaton Sandy said:

I see that Barrow Island won away at East Leeds today. I wonder if Blain Marwood played?  

He played for them on the first week of his trial, and was MOM. He's a great la'al player. Gonna need a hooker next season as I think Penky will have gone

11 minutes ago, Brookie said:

He played for them on the first week of his trial, and was MOM. He's a great la'al player. Gonna need a hooker next season as I think Penky will have gone

Trouble is I think young Marwood will have gone as well along with a shedload of speccies if the shambles that currently prevails isn't addressed. We have a coach who's previous record is impressive but he has no interest in matters beyond the fag-end of this dismal season. Promotion hopes are fading by the day but we need to secure the services of quality locals for next year when hopefully the trend for bringing in underperforming travellers will be abandoned. 

From the try blain got at Wales with is first touch looks a good player to me,maybe the lad as agreed to train with town til coach wants him to play a run of games,then the lad might sign,he can play for his amateur club that way?? that's how it looks to me looking from the outside in.

1 minute ago, Brookie said:

When a player comes on trial who decides whether to keep them. the coach, or the board?

As I said Thorman is off to a Union job at the end of the season so I hope he has no input as to whether we sign the likes of Marwood or not. Which brings me back to the role of Gary Murdock. I have the utmost respect for Gary and I know he is a good judge of a player's potential so I really would value his opinion on the current recruitment policy- including Blain. We see photo-ops of Gary with signings but as someone who speaks really well about the game he seems strangely silent in his role at the club. 

6 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

Imagine being on the board (or some of the players) and reading this forum. Knocking your pan in just to take constant knocks and criticism. Must be soul destroying.

Haven't been many players knocking their pans in over the last couple of games. Fans forums are all about airing views and opinions about all aspects of the game that we expend our time,money, and passion on. We comment because we care - as for yourself I can't see any positive reason for your input apart from a prurient need to demonstrate that you exist. As I have stated previously I don't believe that you are a genuine supporter or spectator. Why not take up macrame or another harmless pursuit instead of posing as a Town devotee??

21 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Haven't been many players knocking their pans in over the last couple of games. Fans forums are all about airing views and opinions about all aspects of the game that we expend our time,money, and passion on. We comment because we care - as for yourself I can't see any positive reason for your input apart from a prurient need to demonstrate that you exist. As I have stated previously I don't believe that you are a genuine supporter or spectator. Why not take up macrame or another harmless pursuit instead of posing as a Town devotee??

So my opinion is less valid than yours then?  Poor argument. By the way do you have a messiah complex? Everything I write is not aimed at you or your inane ramblings.. I expend my time passion and money on it too. Your arrogance is quite sweet in a pitying kind of way. Your English is quite good but your desire to use big words has failed you this time. Not sure prurient is the right word but bash on Dictionary Boy

1 hour ago, Town utd said:

I think Gary will have to re sign the players,if thorman is going at end of season,if town get beat tomorrow Gary will have to rebuild the team for next year and give some game time to the local lads ?

Or we leave it to the incoming coach to sign the players he wants to work with 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

23 minutes ago, GentlemanJim said:

So my opinion is less valid than yours then?  Poor argument. By the way do you have a messiah complex? Everything I write is not aimed at you or your inane ramblings.. I expend my time passion and money on it too. Your arrogance is quite sweet in a pitying kind of way. Your English is quite good but your desire to use big words has failed you this time. Not sure prurient is the right word but bash on Dictionary Boy

Well that got you spluttering on your Sanatogen! Nothing you post on here suggests that you actually attend games. If you really teeter on your orange-box at the Northside end then you ought to be able to comment on the performance of players- match officials (good ,bad or indifferent) and pivotal moments in matches like the rest of us do. Words seldom fail me but in your case I'll make an exception and admit that defining your banality defeats me.  

I just don’t see how we’re favourites with the bookies, can’t see anything other than a wales win, and probably pretty comfortable for them as well

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

I got to a couple of amatuer games this weekend egremont distington and Seaton  hensingham, bearing in mind 2 of the teams playing were second teams the potential is there for a team of locals. They were 2 very entertaining games. With a few standing out to me. 

Just hope the lads, and there is clearly some very talented players in that team perform to their ability today. 

To all who pull the shirt on. 

These are the best days of your life because as sure as night follows day, one day you'll be an ex-sportsman and I hope you can look back and say you give it your best shot. 

Thanks for the sacrifices you make because when the wins come after putting in the effort it makes it all worthwhile. 

UTT

14 hours ago, GentlemanJim said:

Imagine being on the board (or some of the players) and reading this forum. Knocking your pan in just to take constant knocks and criticism. Must be soul destroying.

Considering recent performances ido t think the criticism has been over the top, fans are just frustrated because we know how good most of our players are. We need a win today with 2 winnable home games to come it could give us great momentum going into the haven game. Good luck lads and UTT

Interesting game down the road today let's hope the run away leaders can manage to pull in 800 this time. Anything under a thousand will be a kick in the teeth for the BOD ?

9 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Interesting game down the road today let's hope the run away leaders can manage to pull in 800 this time. Anything under a thousand will be a kick in the teeth for the BOD ?

Yet again we should concentrate on ourselves given the week we have had .We would love to be in there position.At the start of our season it was new stadium and automatic promotion ,now look where we are .Maybe focus on our own issues than worry about others.

10 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

Yet again we should concentrate on ourselves given the week we have had .We would love to be in there position.At the start of our season it was new stadium and automatic promotion ,now look where we are .Maybe focus on our own issues than worry about others.

Just saying ?

Archived