good money if you can get it

tms

When you hear the words ‘most expensive centre’, names such as Australia stars Latrell Mitchell, Josh Morris or Will Chambers may come to mind.

It will come as a surprise, therefore, that the world’s highest-paid centre doesn’t actually play in the NRL, nor does he compete in Super League.

That’s because it’s Toronto flyer Ricky Leutele.

The 29-year-old was the Wolfpack’s highest-profile recruit to date when he signed from Cronulla ahead of this season, signing a deal earning him around £430,000 ($800,000) per year.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If and when Toronto get in SL who is the best NRL prop forward who can be signed...needs to be a plow and big hitter.  Toronto wants to sign him.  Noble to Argyle, "Yes Sir."

If and when Toronto get in SL who is the best NRL second row who can be signed...must be an offensive threat and able to run and make ground on the fringes.  Toronto want to sign him.  Noble to Argyle, "Yes Sir."

Wait for an announcement after the Union World Cup...Toronto is working on the press release now.  We all know who it is.  Noble to Argyle, "Press releas is already made up Sir."

Like cream in a cooler, Toronto is going straight to the top.

You can take it to the bank.

9 minutes ago, POR said:

When you hear the words ‘most expensive centre’, names such as Australia stars Latrell Mitchell, Josh Morris or Will Chambers may come to mind.

It will come as a surprise, therefore, that the world’s highest-paid centre doesn’t actually play in the NRL, nor does he compete in Super League.

That’s because it’s Toronto flyer Ricky Leutele.

The 29-year-old was the Wolfpack’s highest-profile recruit to date when he signed from Cronulla ahead of this season, signing a deal earning him around £430,000 ($800,000) per year.

Really ? Wowzers

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I doubt the Moscow State Circus spent as much on their marquee !

We got the cash, it's all good!

Should have been nominated for player of the year.  He is by far the best player in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

You could have bought someone else instead. Plenty of better players out there for £400k.

They would also have to buy in to the TWP brand along with the travel.

Difficult to find anyone in the UK, they have trouble driving more than a few miles down the M62 ?

6 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

You could have bought someone else instead. Plenty of better players out there for £400k.

They will be packing their bags soon and coming to Toronto...this is only the beginning.

I stated a long time ago on this very forum what was going to happen and some laughed it off....that was a fatal error.

I will restate, "  SL title within 2-3 years with a top 5 performance expected next year then the World Club Championship and off to the Land of OZ (with a WIN in our pocket when we return)."

Its going to happen and the Wolfpack will be hunting rabbits down under for sure methinks.

The Toronto Wolfpack is the hottest rugby club in the world right now (League or Union)....we can't be stopped on our mission.  We have the will and knowledge to continue right to the very top.   The Canadians are coming.

The Canadians are coming for you in SL and Down Under...you have been properly warned.  We mean business.

I look forward to seeing Toronto play in Super League before anyone jumps on my back, but.....I was watching on Sunday and thinking they are still not very good (they break Championships teams by shear force but it wont work at the top level) and will need to sign a lot of new players to be competitive next year but how on earth are they going to fit them all in below the salary cap. Does anyone know which players are off contract next year? I assume most of the big earners bar Sims will be retained?

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

They will be packing their bags soon and coming to Toronto...this is only the beginning.

I stated a long time ago on this very forum what was going to happen and some laughed it off....that was a fatal error.

I will restate, "  SL title within 2-3 years with a top 5 performance expected next year then the World Club Championship and off to the Land of OZ (with a WIN in our pocket when we return)."

Hold your moose(s?), old boy! You've still every chance of bottling it again in the final yet! 

I jest - I hope you're right, or at least half right would be still some achievement. We'll see I guess. 

Just now, LR23 said:

I look forward to seeing Toronto play in Super League before anyone jumps on my back, but.....I was watching on Sunday and thinking they are still not very good (they break Championships teams by shear force but it wont work at the top level) and will need to sign a lot of new players to be competitive next year but how on earth are they going to fit them all in below the salary cap. Does anyone know which players are off contract next year? I assume most of the big earners bar Sims will be retained?

Leeds and Widnes said the same thing in the Super 8s ???

1 minute ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Hold your moose(s?), old boy! You've still every chance of bottling it again in the final yet! 

I jest - I hope you're right, or at least half right would be still some achievement. We'll see I guess. 

It 'meese' the plural for moose is 'meese'...and we are going to do it this year...we mean business.

Archived