Sign in to follow this  
Clogiron

A water carrier with a difference!

At the Fiji Prime Ministers XIII V Australia Prime Minister's XIII game yesterday the Aussie Premier ran the water bottles a kicking tee on during the third quarter of the game going barefoot! I know he's a big Cronulla fan but can you in your wildest imagination see the same thing happening here? It takes us year's to get a Royal to attend and present the trophy even when they are the patron of the game.

We still have a hell of a long way to go to become anything approaching mainstream ☹️

16 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

At the Fiji Prime Ministers XIII V Australia Prime Minister's XIII game yesterday the Aussie Premier ran the water bottles a kicking tee on during the third quarter of the game going barefoot! I know he's a big Cronulla fan but can you in your wildest imagination see the same thing happening here? It takes us year's to get a Royal to attend and present the trophy even when they are the patron of the game.

We still have a hell of a long way to go to become anything approaching mainstream ☹️

To be fair, I can't imagine any British PM doing that for any sport.

They're a weird mob Down Under.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Being a Rugby League fan sadly doesn't also preclude you from also being a science-denying, pseudo-populist dick.

• Like 2

• Like 2

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 minute ago, M j M said:

Being a Rugby League fan sadly doesn't also preclude you from also being a science-denying, pseudo-populist dick.

Fair play to Australian RL for giving an underqualified person a shot at a real job.

1 hour ago, M j M said:

You missed friend of Trump off that😎

7 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Fair play to Australian RL for giving an underqualified person a shot at a real job.

I thought that was how Big Mal got the coach's gig?

2 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Yes, I can too.  I'm not into politics and don't favour any one party but I wouldn't mind betting he'd be up for doing it.

Delivers the water then picks up a ball, hands off a 12 year old ball boy and runs the length of the field for a try....... 

In 2 months the idiot will not be PM hopefully

14 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Yes, I can too.  I'm not into politics and don't favour any one party but I wouldn't mind betting he'd be up for doing it.

There is very little chance of Rugby League being his sort of sport un/fortunately.

19 minutes ago, M j M said:

I thought that was how Big Mal got the coach's gig?

No, that's how Mal got into politics.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, DavidM said:

Being a politician I’m sure he’s not doing it for electoral or PR purposes at all

For the current PM this’d also be at the level of someone approaching the fulfilment of a childhood fantasy. He’s a genuine long-standing rugby league fan.

I suspect he leveraged his position to do this and the PR purposes are convenient bonus.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

No, that's how Mal got into politics.

An entire political career captured on one short YouTube clip.

2 minutes ago, Copa said:

An entire political career captured on one short YouTube clip.

Remember not to blink or you'll miss it!

On 12/10/2019 at 15:14, Futtocks said:

To be fair, I can't imagine any British PM doing that for any sport.

Dunno - didn't Boris cabbage a six year old at some photo opportunity a few years ago ?

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

If I remember correctly, back in ‘97 whilst on a campaign tour prior to being elected as PM, Tony Blair was supposed to have been pencilled in to kick off a Warrington game at Wilderspool.

Didn’t happen in the end. And nether did they find any WMDs. In Iraq I mean, not Wilderspool.