Sign in to follow this  
Sir Kevin Sinfield

Four Nations 2020

44 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Hasn’t there been enough International “we need” threads this week? 

Er no!

• Like 2

“I would!”     

25 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Tonga have now beaten all of Australia, New Zealand and England. We should be looking to include them in any tournament on our shores. 

They haven't beaten England!

• Haha 3

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

You don’t have to comment if you don’t want to discuss next year’s international Calendar 

You weren’t discussing next year’s International calendar. You were “what if’ing”, which goes on far too much on here. 

22 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

No, really there has. 

No definitely not and Tonga proved it.

“I would!”     

Just now, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I’m not sure what your point is but I think we’re on about completely different things. 

No we're not! 😀

“I would!”     

Just now, Oxford said:

No we're not! 😀

I think we are. 

International imaginary situations, much like when people dream up their ideas for structure changes for club RL, has been done to death this week, we don’t need another thread for it. 

Can we leave the mods to moderate threads

If this forum has too much of anything it's people trying to stop other people debating. Which is a very wierd thing to spend your time doing on a forum 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Can we leave the mods to moderate threads

If this forum has too much of anything it's people trying to stop other people debating. Which is a very wierd thing to spend your time doing on a forum 

Cheers Geoff. 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Tonga have now beaten all of Australia, New Zealand and England. We should be looking to include them in any tournament on our shores. 

Expand it to 5, the more the better.

What baffles me is you lot bit and moan there's no international calender...and now we have for that sets out the next several years...you want to change it at 12 months notice..

RL fans are effing idiots...

• Haha 2

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

1 hour ago, roughyedspud said:

What baffles me is you lot bit and moan there's no international calender...and now we have for that sets out the next several years...you want to change it at 12 months notice..

Tonga area saleable entity roughyed  and there's still not enough international games.

As for those calling it an imaginary thread

We are such stuff as dreams are made of petal!

“I would!”     

3 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

Preach! 

3 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

I dont think that because people want an international calendar they should be satisfied with a rubbish one.

Should we stick with what we have set just because it's set and not bother improving it?

Do we repeat the lions tour in 2024 despite it being an obvious failure just because we have a calendar?

Also the international calendar changes at far less than 12 months notice every year. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

Isn't that what the NRL do anyway? We have had international calendars before which have meant nothing.

I agree in general about the four nations , but next year we’ve a kangaroos tour which we’ve wanted and is always box office so I wouldn’t be shifting that . 

4 hours ago, roughyedspud said:

Can you imagine the uproar if we stopped an Ashes Australia tour next year? 🙂 

I think 2022 onwards should be looked at and revised for the future... I am not a massive fan of tours now we have some other competitive nations playing the game. They were justifiable when we only had four nations playing the sport competitively at the highest level. That's not the case now and the likes of Tonga, Fiji and Samoa should be playing Australia, New Zealand and England every year or close to every year as possible. More exposure for the likes of France, Lebanon, Wales et al should be the goal as well.

The Four Nations should stay buried, its not a IRLproperty and any profits go to the Big 3. I would have have the fixture list controlled  by IRL and money raised go to funding the worl game.

• Like 1

Midseason test v France is a must, though I can see SL club blocking it. 
But England (and France, too) need to spend time together as a group, gel, try combinations, etc. 

But I'd prefer a Kangaroo tour to a 4N. 
Play Australia 3 times and see how it goes. 
I think they will all be sell-out or similar, given that England came very close in the WC final and that Australia is the best team in the world. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador