Toronto’s squad

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the team is in Toronto for an extended period in the summer I suspect they break into smaller packs to go exploring the city and surrounding area. That's part of the appeal to playing here - seeing new places, meeting new people. It's an adventure; it's up to them to make of it what they will.

Players with families will usually bring them over for a weeks holiday.

And I believe one of the players has already married a local girl.

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If you are somewhere for 3 months of the year, yes you are living there for a quarter of your time. 

But it isn't 3 months in one block , it's in 10 day periods , 10 day holidays ' living ' in probably hotel rooms 

As I put on the other thread , I'm not against them getting some dispensation ( although I doubt the players would recieve the type of cash compensation your are describing on here ) , they obviously cannot produce home grown players , and all NA players should ( but would be anyway being outside the top 25 ) be quota and SC except , not convinced by the ' living in Toronto loading ' 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

But it isn't 3 months in one block , it's in 10 day periods , 10 day holidays ' living ' in probably hotel rooms 

My boss comes to me and says for the next ten days you are going to be doing the exact same job but it’s not here it’s in Toronto. My first question is going to be how much extra I’m getting for doing it. 

1 minute ago, bobbruce said:

My boss comes to me and says for the next ten days you are going to be doing the exact same job but it’s not here it’s in Toronto. My first question is going to be how much extra I’m getting for doing it. 

If you applied for a job and as part of that job you were required to work abroad X number of days with all expenses paid for a set salary then no 

A better analogy don't you think , unless these players genuinely though Toronto is down the M62 from Manchester ?

Just now, GUBRATS said:

So you believe if they got a ' living in Toronto loading ' they would pay their existing players more ?

No. They are paying higher salaries already apparently based on the fact they have only managed to get a 23 man squad.

No sympathy for the incompetence, but I think a weighting is a reasonable thing to have.  My understanding is London have a 10% higher cap for this, so it is already a feature of the cap. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

No. They are paying higher salaries already apparently based on the fact they have only managed to get a 23 man squad.

No sympathy for the incompetence, but I think a weighting is a reasonable thing to have.  My understanding is London have a 10% higher cap for this, so it is already a feature of the cap. 

Yes but they actually do live in London , the TWP squad don't live in Toronto , they visit Toronto 

It is either incompetence or deliberate engineering ( very close to the start of the season , where have we seen that in the past ? ) ?

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Yes but they actually do live in London , the TWP squad don't live in Toronto , they visit Toronto 

It is either incompetence or deliberate engineering ( very close to the start of the season , where have we seen that in the past ? ) ?

But that is why the weighting I proposed would only apply for the 3 months (or so) that they would be in Canada. 

So if they are given a 10% weighting like London, they would only get 2.5% of it. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

But that is why the weighting I proposed would only apply for the 3 months (or so) that they would be in Canada. 

So if they are given a 10% weighting like London, they would only get 2.5% of it. 

bUt ThEyRe OnLy ViSiTiNg

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

In that case then every team that visits should get a % for their time spent abroad 

Bottom line is I believe it isn't a mistake , it's deliberate , this close to the start of the season , the prospect of them not being able to put out a full compliment of players or even forfiet a game due to lack of players to force SLs hand 

11 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Bottom line is I believe it isn't a mistake , it's deliberate , this close to the start of the season , the prospect of them not being able to put out a full compliment of players or even forfiet a game due to lack of players to force SLs hand 

I personally think it is a bit more incompetence. I wonder whether the intention was to hope one or two players would move on. 

I think at this late stage any concessions should be around relatively minor allowances for loans/DR purposes if needed. 

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Anyway , it's nowt do wi me , I'm a Championship club fan , they're your problem now ?

GUBRATS, I normally don't reply to posters with a less than 50% "+" rating so consider yourself honoured.  If "it's nowt do wi me" (such atrocious English), then why bother yourself with a Super League club thread? There are plenty of Championship club forums and threads to occupy yourself with.

37 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Why do you always think the worst of us?

TWP should not have entered the Challenge Cup. Chances of winning it are close to zero, and they don't have the squad depth. Also, since none of the games will be in Toronto, they will just be losing (even more) money. Having those weeks off for recovery would have been a big benefit. 

3 hours ago, ojx said:

TWP should not have entered the Challenge Cup. Chances of winning it are close to zero, and they don't have the squad depth. Also, since none of the games will be in Toronto, they will just be losing (even more) money. Having those weeks off for recovery would have been a big benefit. 

I completely agree.  TWP get zero benefit from the Challenge Cup and nobody in Toronto cares about it.  I might give a toss if we got some of the games at home but we don't so I see zero benefit in competing in it.

I think they should throw the first game they play in the cup and focus 100% on the season and use the Challenge Cup for breaks.

Archived