The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Exactly. If they was a decent amount we would have heard about it by now. They wasn't so we haven't

But is it realistically going to be whatever figure you deem to be “decent” given the standing of the sport? The chances are no and even if it is a good amount, people would still moan. The Hearn thread proved as much. He said arguably the same as Elstone did upon his appointment but people were going weak at the knees because it was from Hearn, not Elstone. 

Its an important time for the sport...numerous clubs struggling...games cancelled...Covid on the rampage...it frightens people.

We must be brave during theses dark days...we must not lose our expansion progress...we must stride confidently into the darkness of the night to be better positioned for the new dawn.

Or be like the Naysayers, who find a corner to hide as the dark tendrils and blackness of the night begins; forlornness and disparity close in upon them.

24 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Not sure if you’ve watched the tele lately but there’s a pandemic going on. People aren’t going to be throwing money around to sponsor a sport at the minute. 

There’s not a queue of London based companies queuing for when the Broncos are in Super League, they don’t queue up for the International game, they don’t queue up to sponsor the World Cup. Saving a failed free hit in Toronto is not going save Rugby League anymore than it would by letting them fall by the wayside because their bid to return is not deemed good enough. 

Are you his agent HW?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Are you his agent HW?

Not at all. I think there are plenty who use absolutely anything they can think of to use as a stick to beat Elstone with. I don’t think he’s perfect, I think his job was tough as it was, let alone amidst a global pandemic, but I’m willing to give him a chance. Like everyone in any walk of life, he’s got some things right and some things wrong but that’s to be expected. 

5 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Tones of desperation in your responses today Tommy.

Final stages of Covid I suppose. And my exasperation was all used up 3 months ago, today (and tomorrow by the looks of things) is inconsequential. My team will be fine

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Not at all. I think there are plenty who use absolutely anything they can think of to use as a stick to beat Elstone with. I don’t think he’s perfect, I think his job was tough as it was, let alone amidst a global pandemic, but I’m willing to give him a chance. Like everyone in any walk of life, he’s got some things right and some things wrong but that’s to be expected. 

Mediocrity should never be the acceptable standard.....Elstone has to go.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Suits you to keep inserting quotes from other media outlets Tommy, I was merely asking who wrote the report.

Yes, if you want I will say that Matt Shaw is biased towards TWP.

Playing the man not the ball, I thought you were better. Ironic actually as you'd actually like the content of the report 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Suits you to keep inserting quotes from other media outlets Tommy, I was merely asking who wrote the report.

Yes, if you want I will say that Matt Shaw is biased towards TWP.

Harry that reporter is not biased at all.

30 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Exactly. If they was a decent amount we would have heard about it by now. They wasn't so we haven't

i'm no massive fan of elstone but i believe that the betfred one was a good deal and was reported as such if you want to have a bit of a google i think you'll find it.. they;ll also be a thread on it on here i think.

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Not sure if you’ve watched the tele lately but there’s a pandemic going on. People aren’t going to be throwing money around to sponsor a sport at the minute. 

There’s not a queue of London based companies queuing for when the Broncos are in Super League, they don’t queue up for the International game, they don’t queue up to sponsor the World Cup. Saving a failed free hit in Toronto is not going save Rugby League anymore than it would by letting them fall by the wayside because their bid to return is not deemed good enough. 

Totally disagree its all about selling the sizzle.

Going back a few years we had

ENGAGE (Re-brand from Homeowners Friendly Society)

GILLETTE

CASTLEMAINE XXXX

FORD

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT

NESTLE 

Etc

Just work with a good sales agency that has connections is all that is needed.

29 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Totally disagree its all about selling the sizzle.

Going back a few years we had

ENGAGE (Re-brand from Homeowners Friendly Society)

GILLETTE

CASTLEMAINE XXXX

FORD

DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT

NESTLE 

Etc

Just work with a good sales agency that has connections is all that is needed.

It’s really not that simplistic. 

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

K-Man, if you don’t think Elstone is more than “mediocre”, should Toronto be re-admitted to Super League?

Of course they should be readmitted...I think Elstone might be sick or something....hence the sluggish action and confusion/disassociation...I hope he gets well!....I think he needs a long, long break from the job.   I wish him well on his recovery.

Just now, Kayakman said:

Of course they should be readmitted...I think Elstone might be sick or something....hence the sluggish action and confusion/disassociation...I hope he gets well!....I think he needs a long, long break from the job.   I wish him well on his recovery.

So you don’t accept “mediocrity” from him but want him to reward failure and incompetence? Can you see how that looks?

Archived