Jump to content

Hugo Salabio


Recommended Posts

What's the deal with this kid. He's probably the best young French forward talent that's come through for a long time. So much so that the French national team coach Aurelien Cologni has already said that he wants him to be in the 2021World Cup squad. 

But at this point he hasn't made any appearances for the Catalan first team. Can he expect to get game time this season? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

What's the deal with this kid. He's probably the best young French forward talent that's come through for a long time. So much so that the French national team coach Aurelien Cologni has already said that he wants him to be in the 2021World Cup squad. 

But at this point he hasn't made any appearances for the Catalan first team. Can he expect to get game time this season? 

He should leg it down the Town Hall and get his name changed to Bruce Toadfish and spread rumours that he's done time in various NSW jails. Job done, first team place cemented.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, barnyia said:

That's a couple of weeks he hasn't played, don't know how long he'll be out for, Joe chan is the one everyone is talking about now, 17/18 and holding his own in elite 1

Yes I've heard about him too. He's Alex Chan's son. Hopefully he puts his hands up for France 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

He's in the squad this week, 

Screenshot_20200207-230647.png

That's good news he's back in the squad.

On another note I totally forgot about Lambert Belmas his game time with the dragons seem to be very stop start. Probably some loan games at TO would help him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do you keep making these threads year after year every time a Catalan youth player shows a bit of promise?

I places a ridiculous amount of expectation on young french players that they will never live up to (see Lucas Albert) and feeds the myth on this forum that Catalans have this constant supply of French teenage world beaters that, inexplicably, they are refusing to play.

At any other SL club Salabio would just be seen as a good prospect who might hopefully make a step up in a few years.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, damp squib said:

Why do you keep making these threads year after year every time a Catalan youth player shows a bit of promise?

I places a ridiculous amount of expectation on young french players that they will never live up to (see Lucas Albert) and feeds the myth on this forum that Catalans have this constant supply of French teenage world beaters that, inexplicably, they are refusing to play.

At any other SL club Salabio would just be seen as a good prospect who might hopefully make a step up in a few years.

If the France national team coach publicly praises him then why the hell shouldn't I? So many small minds and intellectual nincompoops on this forum. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, barnyia said:

I don't think the young catalans players will be reading this forum. 

I’m not talking about pressure they might feel. I mean the perception it creates about Catalans and their youth policy.

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

If the France national team coach publicly praises him then why the hell shouldn't I? So many small minds and intellectual nincompoops on this forum. 

You didn’t just praise him. It was clearly implied in your post that Catalans should have played him by now.

I’ll just wait a few weeks and you’ll have another whinge thread about the state of French rugby league with no consideration for the reality of their situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know about the junior players over here and know they are just as good as the English youth players until they reach 17/18 and then  don't make super league, if Lucas Albert had been brought through in an English club he would be an established super league player by now. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, damp squib said:

 

You didn’t just praise him. It was clearly implied in your post that Catalans should have played him by now.

 

Your reading and comprehensive skills aren't very good. If I 'clearly implied' that Catalan should've played him by now why have I asked, 'Can he expect to get game time this season?' That is not stating that he should've played already, that's you putting your own spin on it and getting hyped up for what reason I don't know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

I know about the junior players over here and know they are just as good as the English youth players until they reach 17/18 and then  don't make super league, if Lucas Albert had been brought through in an English club he would be an established super league player by now. 

 

The only thing keeping Albert from a SL club is his mindset. Kid behaves like an idiot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you seen him this season? He was 10 kilos over weight but still had abs! He's slimmed down this year and looks a lot better for it, more speed and agilty 

 

Maybe he was told to bulk up? As lots of players are told, then they lose the qualities that made them the players they where (speed, fitness, agility etc) 

 

Edited by barnyia
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, barnyia said:

Have you seen him this season? He was 10 kilos over weight but still had abs! He's slimmed down this year and looks a lot better for it, more speed and agilty 

 

Maybe he was told to bulk up? As lots of players are told, then they lose the qualities that made them the players they where (speed, fitness, agility etc) 

 

He was highly rated coming through, but seems he best chance at superleague is interchange hooker. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, winnyason said:

He was highly rated coming through, but seems he best chance at superleague is interchange hooker. 

Yeah I dunno what's happened to him. He's not even getting game time as a half back so he can develop his game in that position 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does anyone feel it would help the French National team if Les Dracs were immune from Relegation and could play more French and maybe have a minimum of 10 in every match day 17?

For example, Da Costa would really benefit from regular games as would Yaha and some others who with the cohort of  Anglo Anzac talent talent at Les Dracs won't get much game time when everyone is fit. 

Edited by Southerner80
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/02/2020 at 15:33, The Daddy said:

Yeah I dunno what's happened to him. He's not even getting game time as a half back so he can develop his game in that position 

Why would Catalans gamble on playing him even though he isn’t up to it yet.

Albert is a prime example who had a real shot at the big time but just never kicked on.  Skilful and hopefully he’ll get a go but imo he’s just not aggressive enough in defence to fend off the opposition targeting him. Which they do.

Barny, how is Arthur Morgue doing?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He supposed to have had a great game against st gaudens when gausch got sent off, they where losing at halftime to win by 30 points with 12 men, from what I saw of Albert at the open training session at lezignan he looked very fit. But he won't play unless one of the two half backs get injured, same for morgue although they played very well together in the last game of the season for the catalans 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...