Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

Adam Maher- Another RL victim of MND.

Former NRL and SL player Adam Maher has lost his fight with MND.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/adam-maher-hull-fc-dies-3884930

He made an emotional appearance at the KC Stadium as recently as last year, supported by close friend Craig Greenhill, walking round the pitch waving to the Hull FC fans before their opening SL fixture v Castleford.

https://www.hullfc.com/news/2019-02-05-knuckles-thanks-hull-for-adam-maher-support

RIP Adam.

• Sad 6

RADFORD OUT!

Very sad news about this very unlucky man. RIP.

Edited by Manfred Mann
  • Like 1

Awful news. Loved Adam Maher.

I'm sure it was him that said he had issues playing under floodlights because if his vision, saying it made it look like there were 3 balls. When asked how he caught it, he just said, "I just catch the middle one." 

Legend. RIP.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Alway sad to hear stuff like this, RIP ar' kid.

On n'est pas là pour se faire engueuler

Excellent 2nd row who didn’t take a backward step.  Strong in the tackle and good hands.  

I have vivid memories of him getting slugged by a Huddersfield player close to the tunnel at the Boulevard.  Half a dozen quick punches later the instigator was looking back up at Adam from the ground.  

Very sad day and our thoughts are with his family today.

Sad to hear the news.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

5 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Excellent 2nd row who didn’t take a backward step.  Strong in the tackle and good hands.  

I have vivid memories of him getting slugged by a Huddersfield player close to the tunnel at the Boulevard.  Half a dozen quick punches later the instigator was looking back up at Adam from the ground.  

Very sad day and our thoughts are with his family today.

That was the moment Adam's status changed from "well respected" to cult hero. We used to call him Unsung because every match report in the Hull Daily Mail referred to him as unsung hero Adam Maher (despite the fact we all realised how good he was).

I was both shocked and saddened to hear he'd passed away so soon after his visit to these shores. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley