Well, here we are, the first fanless game in my memory.

Obviously very strange watching without any fan noise but, once you get used to it, it's very enjoyable.  Difficult to get past the feeling that it's just a full contact training session but if you can, curiously, in some way it feels more absorbing somehow.  Odd. 

3 hours ago, gavin7094 said:

Obviously very strange watching without any fan noise but, once you get used to it, it's very enjoyable.  Difficult to get past the feeling that it's just a full contact training session but if you can, curiously, in some way it feels more absorbing somehow.  Odd. 

Weird, isn't it?

There's been little response to this thread so far but it seems like a good distraction from all the worries at present.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Weird, isn't it?

There's been little response to this thread so far but it seems like a good distraction from all the worries at present.

There's a NRL Round 2 match thread in the usual place.

But, to be honest, the Bulldogs weren't worthy of much in the way of comments.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

There's a NRL Round 2 match thread in the usual place.

But, to be honest, the Bulldogs weren't worthy of much in the way of comments.

The first try was one of the best blindside moves I've seen in just about the whole of forever and the coaching staff seem to be trying to make up for the crowd absence.

It is interesting to see how much communication the team does that you haven't heard in a full stadium.

16 minutes ago, Oxford said:

The first try was one of the best blindside moves I've seen in just about the whole of forever and the coaching staff seem to be trying to make up for the crowd absence.

It is interesting to see how much communication the team does that you haven't heard in a full stadium.

Hearing the players is novel and interesting. Might be some ripe language though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Might be some ripe language though.

It can only be good for the game if it clears that out of the way.

I once had the experience of listening to Kevin Ashcroft in charge of a training session and if he'd fitted a noun, verb or adjective between the anglo-saxon expletives there would've been a round of applause.

aka Australian Parliamentary Language.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Wollongong said:

Was like sex without love... it had all the right elements but soon became boring and was ultimately unfulfilling. 

I'll wait 'til I see a better contest before a pass the same judgement. Apart from a very few good passages of play on their part, Canterbury's relentless and repeated dropping the ball in front of zero spectators was a bit ARU for my tastes.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, Oxford said:

https://www.zerotackle.com/blythys-round-2-rev-up-2-53410/

"Well, here we are, the first fanless game in my memory.

You clearly haven’t been the the AJ  Bell Stadium for a Salford home game.

Just kidding Salford fans. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

7 minutes ago, RayCee said:

You clearly haven’t been the the AJ  Bell Stadium for a Salford home game.

Just kidding Salford fans. 

Hey let's have less; just cos you've been locked up for a while ( This should have read locked in but there are limits!)

On 19/03/2020 at 18:45, DavidM said:

It’ll be more noticeable at the much smaller and suburban grounds . Matches at ANZ often feel like there’s nobody there 

Watching the roosters game at the moment, with the sound off. I'd been watching for quite a while before I realised it wasn't just a normal Roosters home game. It was only when the camera panned out for a conversion that I realised they're actually at Leichardt (I think) and there's no crowd.

Archived