Kallum Watkins to Return to Super League? (Merged Threads)

On 20/05/2020 at 06:07, Harry Stottle said:

I can see you are struggling now,  no point in carrying this on any further .......... bye.

Great news on Watkins....Toronto is building!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Great news on Watkins....Toronto is building!

Hopefully he performs much better next time around than in his last couple of seasons in SL, even his most ardent fan should admit he was less than ordinary. 

So, who do you reckon gives way for him in the team?

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hopefully he performs much better next time around than in his last couple of seasons in SL, even his most ardent fan should admit he was less than ordinary. 

Can’t be harrissed to check but I thought they had 2 decent centres?  

Recovery from serious injuries is a long time in RL.  Mental recovery as well.  You can see the tentativeness still in players like Andre Savelio and Josh Bowden at Hull, although the former was doing well this year before injury!

imo they need forwards.

Its all in a state of flux right now Harry....no need for quick rash decisions at this time.

2 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

It seems like the elephant in the room.  Maybe it’s just how I see it, but imo, it’s a long standing omission.

KW might just be an option at FB.

Really, I am not the biggest fan of O'Brien but I can't see Watkins would perform any better than him in the full back roll both offensively and defensively.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Really, I am not the biggest fan of O'Brien but I can't see Watkins would perform any better than him in the full back roll both offensively and defensively.

I’m saying, an option.  Could there be an offload if Leutele?

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

I’m saying, an option.  Could there be an offload if Leutele?

Could there? It would not be my choice to do what would be effectively be swop of Leutele for Watkins.

But surely someone is going to have to go to make room on the cap?

Could there? It would not be my choice to do what would be effectively be swop of Leutele for Watkins.

But surely someone is going to have to go to make room on the cap?

WIlkin, maybe.

2 hours ago, ojx said:

WIlkin, maybe.

Possibly not if his contract has to be honoured, it would still count on the cap, it would most probably be someone who would get another job elsewhere, perhaps I am being a little presumptuous but I would assume Wilkin would be retiring after Toronto.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Possibly not if his contract has to be honoured, it would still count on the cap, it would most probably be someone who would get another job elsewhere, perhaps I am being a little presumptuous but I would assume Wilkin would be retiring after Toronto.

Harry everybody knows you are just waiting to see who Toronto let go so Leigh can pick them up...shame on you!

13 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Harry everybody knows you are just waiting to see who Toronto let go so Leigh can pick them up...shame on you!

Ah those with the "prodigal son" syndrome, those who thought that the bright lights of the big city would suit them better only to find that they weren't actually going there very much, most of the time they would spend at home anyway so they may as well stay  there, it really is a sham. 

On 23/05/2020 at 03:04, Harry Stottle said:

Ah those with the "prodigal son" syndrome, those who thought that the bright lights of the big city would suit them better only to find that they weren't actually going there very much, most of the time they would spend at home anyway so they may as well stay  there, it really is a sham. 

Its a Brave New World out there Harry and the motto is going to be : "Adapt Or Die"

The time of The Taiga Wolf has arrived!

• 1 month later...

Archived