Salford and A J Bell Stadium

One for you capitalist key board warriors out there

Will the result of the collapse of Intu , I believe part of the Peel Holdings conglomerate who own / run the Trafford Centre amongst others  affect  the position of The Red Devils at A J Bell  Stadium , in which they also have an interest?

Sale sharks circling ( as Sharks do ) ?  

Time for RL to get in first if we have to...….

Peel Holdings Sold the Trafford Centre to Intu, as part of the deal the owner of Peel wanted Shares in Intu i believe 20%.

Wont have any impact on the AJB, if anything Peel will buy back the TC for far less than it was sold.

The AJB is owned by a JV consisting of 50% Peel Holdings and 50% Salford Council, Peel also own vast swathes of land either side of the full lenght of the Manchester Ship Canal inc Media City so dont think they will be in any rush to sell anything

12 minutes ago, To Be Confirmed said:

Peel Holdings Sold the Trafford Centre to Intu, as part of the deal the owner of Peel wanted Shares in Intu i believe 20%.

Wont have any impact on the AJB, if anything Peel will buy back the TC for far less than it was sold.

The AJB is owned by a JV consisting of 50% Peel Holdings and 50% Salford Council, Peel also own vast swathes of land either side of the full lenght of the Manchester Ship Canal inc Media City so dont think they will be in any rush to sell anything

Good to hear. 

So Peel Group could take a 20% hit and get that back by buying the  Trafford Centre for peanuts  off the Administrators ?

And not be persuaded to offload to Sale Sharks ( whose sponsors already bought the naming rights ) to make a book adjustment ?

TGG still needs to tread carefully.

And by the way who on earth let them collect all the lands adjoining the Ship canal all the way up to Ellesmere Port ?

And it's that brown field land around the  Stadium that Koukash wanted to acquire to make it all happen but Peel refused to sell  what could have put Salford potentially in the big time...…..

Obviously commercial interests in play . Barton Bridge still works  ( taste of honey to you youngsters ) but the powers that be still seek to keep our game where they think we belong...…...

11 minutes ago, del capo said:

Obviously commercial interests in play . Barton Bridge still works  ( taste of honey to you youngsters ) but the powers that be still seek to keep our game where they think we belong...…...

where's that? next to the sewage treatment works?

3 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

where's that? next to the sewage treatment works?

Other side of M60  /62 but  with the sewerage plant the stink of which  still spreads everywhere. That's Eccles for you      

The chant   'The Good Ship Sailed down the Ally ,  Ally  Oh  '  might give you a clue as to a ship canal that in it's  day killed Liverpool Docks. The Alley being the Manchester Ship Canal

1 hour ago, del capo said:

One for you capitalist key board warriors out there

Will the result of the collapse of Intu , I believe part of the Peel Holdings conglomerate who own / run the Trafford Centre amongst others  affect  the position of The Red Devils at A J Bell  Stadium , in which they also have an interest?

Sale sharks circling ( as Sharks do ) ?  

Time for RL to get in first if we have to...….

Sale are committed to building a new stadium nearer to their heartland support. Shame Salford aren’t in a similar position to do likewise, but hey ho. 

7 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Sale are committed to building a new stadium nearer to their heartland support. Shame Salford aren’t in a similar position to do likewise, but hey ho. 

Sale RU  are committed to nothing . Never have been.

An expression of desire to go back home  at most. Nothing signed . And years off anyway .

If any Council can afford leisure investment post Covid . then good look to them and their electorate..

A J Bell Stadium has to remain , and is . their target  …… Beware my friends  

6 minutes ago, del capo said:

An expression of desire to go back home  at most. Nothing signed . And years off anyway .

If any Council can afford leisure investment post Covid . then good look to them and their electorate..

Said expression of desire is all the commitment that their fans need. You can be sure that they will be pressuring Sale every step of the way to return nearer to ‘home’.

As it is, even if Sale did decide to buy the AJ Bell then it wouldn’t be much of a change for Salford. They would still be tenant to a landlord that needs the rent money. 

10 minutes ago, del capo said:

Sale have already put a Bid in for the stadium, however it was way below the costs involved in actually building it. given that their revised offer will also be way off that cost to build the chances of them selling is slim to none im afraid. Council will never be able to write of debts of circa 12m if the last offer is anything to go by.

AJB is only worth buying if its sold with the land around it, no one in their right mind would invest that much in land during the current climate

8 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Said expression of desire is all the commitment that their fans need. You can be sure that they will be pressuring Sale every step of the way to return nearer to ‘home’.

As it is, even if Sale did decide to buy the AJ Bell then it wouldn’t be much of a change for Salford. They would still be tenant to a landlord that needs the rent money. 

So you demure in favour of a minority interest   to take over  Salford's Stadium?

Whose side are you on ?

Leigh of course know how it works. Can't wait for your stadium priority's when it's all lifted

27 minutes ago, del capo said:

So you demure in favour of a minority interest   to take over  Salford's Stadium?

Whose side are you on ?

Leigh of course know how it works. Can't wait for your stadium priority's when it's all lifted

For my own reasons, I won’t even begin to touch that one. 

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don’t know the geography of Salford, is the AJ Bell not really in Salford itself then? 

I think it suffers massively from not being particularly near to any housing development which affects their ‘walk up’ support, something they were hugely reliable on at the Willows, 3.5 miles of traffic away. 

Just now, Leyther_Matt said:

For my own reasons, I won’t even begin to touch that one. 

I think it suffers massively from not being particularly near to any housing development which affects their ‘walk up’ support, something they were hugely reliable on at the Willows, 3.5 miles of traffic away. 

What’s round there then? 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What’s round there then? 

Not a lot at all on the Barton Airport side of the ground. Must be a good mile or two further towards Warrington (Irlam and Cadishead) before you reach any sizeable housing developments. Given the delays in the stadium being built, I suppose Salford were always on the back foot in trying to build any sort of momentum in marketing to those areas. 

Even on the motorway side of the ground, it’s not exactly on the doorstep of Eccles. Nothing north of it, nothing south of it. Out of sight, out of mind. 

14 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Not a lot at all on the Barton Airport side of the ground. Must be a good mile or two further towards Warrington (Irlam and Cadishead) before you reach any sizeable housing developments. Given the delays in the stadium being built, I suppose Salford were always on the back foot in trying to build any sort of momentum in marketing to those areas. 

Even on the motorway side of the ground, it’s not exactly on the doorstep of Eccles. Nothing north of it, nothing south of it. Out of sight, out of mind. 

There are plans to build 1600 homes on the land that once housed the golf club. 

Supporters Trust have buses running to and from the stadium for match days. its also a 15mon walk from the trafford centre. 

52 minutes ago, To Be Confirmed said:

There are plans to build 1600 homes on the land that once housed the golf club. 

Supporters Trust have buses running to and from the stadium for match days. its also a 15mon walk from the trafford centre. 

The Trafford Centre thing has been mentioned from day one but I’ve never really understood the relevance of it given nobody lives there and it’s a pain to find a parking spot most of the time?

Good grief, this again. It is such a short time since we had this thread.

Mr Whittaker is good for a few quid. He bought the land along the ship canal when no one else had his vision. He intends to build Port Salford by the stadium, and has sold off parcels of land for other developments such as the Aldi that now sits in front of the stadium. There is talk of a huge warehouse on the site.

Trafford Centre problems has as much to do this  as Lakeside. Peel will do a prepack purchase at a fraction of the money they sold it for.

Neither Salford or Sale can afford to run the stadium if they have to buy out the debts.

As for housing have any of you walked through the Brookhouse Estate? plenty of people live there . I live within 25 mins walking of the stadium and plenty of houses near me. The tram now runs to the Trafford centre and therefore within 20 min walk.

4 hours ago, To Be Confirmed said:

They own the south bank underneath Thellwall viaduct, and hence the largest plantation of giant hogweed in the UK

Salford City Roosters ARLFC ( formerly Eccles ) have free parking and a decent pint just under the bridge and much closer than the Trafford Centre.

As for the hogweed would cost far more than the stadium worth to exterminate that lot...…..

1 hour ago, del capo said:

Salford City Roosters ARLFC ( formerly Eccles ) have free parking and a decent pint just under the bridge and much closer than the Trafford Centre.

As for the hogweed would cost far more than the stadium worth to exterminate that lot...…..

A normal glyphosate weed killer will sort hogweed out, it’s nothing like Japanese knotweed. 

13 hours ago, Red Willow said:

Good grief, this again. It is such a short time since we had this thread.

Mr Whittaker is good for a few quid. He bought the land along the ship canal when no one else had his vision. He intends to build Port Salford by the stadium, and has sold off parcels of land for other developments such as the Aldi that now sits in front of the stadium. There is talk of a huge warehouse on the site.

Trafford Centre problems has as much to do this  as Lakeside. Peel will do a prepack purchase at a fraction of the money they sold it for.

Neither Salford or Sale can afford to run the stadium if they have to buy out the debts.

As for housing have any of you walked through the Brookhouse Estate? plenty of people live there . I live within 25 mins walking of the stadium and plenty of houses near me. The tram now runs to the Trafford centre and therefore within 20 min walk.

The OP has a history of scaremongering and stirring things up regarding Red Devil’s and their stadium so I wouldn’t worry too much 

Archived