Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tommygilf

ISC pulling out?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

I think thats fair enough, but equally if the club wants to charge a certain price that has to come with a certain quality too - especially if the brand itself has little to no (even negative) kudos with fans.

Yeah i know what you mean, and again thats on Leeds really. 

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Another complaint across social media is that this is now the 4th shirt Leeds have released this year, and the 2nd they've claimed is "limited edition". The 3 previous shirts are now on sale for 20 quid a pop.

Most clubs are doing that though. All they need is Home, Away then a 3rd/ charity/ special shirt. 
 

I get clubs need to make money but some some are truly awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

In all fairness, I've seen worse charity shirts

I’ve seen a lot worse non charity shirts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr Plow said:

Most clubs are doing that though. All they need is Home, Away then a 3rd/ charity/ special shirt. 
 

I get clubs need to make money but some some are truly awful

Its surely also the law of diminishing returns but in quality terms.. the more shirts you have the worse the shirts will become, there is only a certain amount you can do with club colours before you get into the realms of ridiculousness... its the same with changing them every year, when it was every couple of years you could rotate designs better as it was "8 years" since you last had it but its only 4 designs needed.. now it would be 8 which means you are going to quickly get into some proper rubbish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of concern on Social media about sizing, given the experience of fans with the Oxen designed Rob Burrow shirt. This is compounded by the club shop not being open and the online ordering experience being somewhat hit and miss with EPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

A lot of concern on Social media about sizing, given the experience of fans with the Oxen designed Rob Burrow shirt. This is compounded by the club shop not being open and the online ordering experience being somewhat hit and miss with EPS.

Sounds like a great start for Leeds/Oxen. The sizing thing is completely avoidable, if these new jerseys are sized differently to previous ISC jerseys.


Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Sounds like a great start for Leeds/Oxen. The sizing thing is completely avoidable, if these new jerseys are sized differently to previous ISC jerseys.

Apparently the neck holes are the main gripes.

Edited by Tommygilf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Apparently the neck holes are the main gripes.

to be honest that can happen with anyone though.. I have last years Warrington shirt by O'neils and i struggle to get my (normally considered) small head through the hole on a shirt that otherwise fits quite well... not a problem i normally have as my head is relatively small

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Apparently the neck holes are the main gripes.

This happens all the time. For example I have tshirt's from the same brand with different size neck openings. For some people its an issue (im one of those fussy people!), but for others it makes no difference.

Theres always someone who wont be happy. These days everyones a critic!
 


Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, RP London said:

to be honest that can happen with anyone though.. I have last years Warrington shirt by O'neils and i struggle to get my (normally considered) small head through the hole on a shirt that otherwise fits quite well... not a problem i normally have as my head is relatively small

 

47 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

This happens all the time. For example I have tshirt's from the same brand with different size neck openings. For some people its an issue (im one of those fussy people!), but for others it makes no difference.

Theres always someone who wont be happy. These days everyones a critic!
 

I suppose my response to both of these are the same in that of course this is an issue of relativity, but that was a regular complaint that comes up alongside general sizing issues. Both are exacerbated by not being able to see the product in person and having a well supported product in the Rob Burrow shirt being criticised broadly in all areas including delivery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

 

I suppose my response to both of these are the same in that of course this is an issue of relativity, but that was a regular complaint that comes up alongside general sizing issues. Both are exacerbated by not being able to see the product in person and having a well supported product in the Rob Burrow shirt being criticised broadly in all areas including delivery. 

To be fair I dont know anything about the Rob Burrow Shirt.. if it is being manufactured and delivered during the pandemic then i have sympathy with the company as i know as a manufacturer this period has been horribly difficult to negotiate both with your own ability to produce but also the reliability of delivery services which have basically cancelled all guaranteed delivery option. We had a pallet being delivered to us on a 48 hour delivery that took 3 weeks.. for example. I dont understand why but i have found some people have a very short fuse for this issue even though it is generally accepted as an issue caused by the pandemic.. some people do seem to get quite irate about deliveries "not on time" at the moment, which i dont quite understand.

Sizing issues are common placed.. buying off the internet is a perilous ordeal on clothes.. i buy shirts for work from M&M direct.. normally a large sometimes needing to buy an extra large.. my common practice now is to buy both, try them on and send one back.. Pain but still easier than going to the shops, and often cheaper. One companies Large is not another companies large.. I dont understand why but it is just the way it seems to be.. its not unique to RL gear.. 

Quality of garment is an issue of manufacturer.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds have issued their 2021 shirt

https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/shop/leeds-rhinos/leeds-rhinos-official-kit/leeds-rhinos-home-kit?utm_source=2021HomeKit&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2021HomeKit

Nice touch with Burrow and good to see an embroidered crest and collar (I’m less bothered about the latter) but whilst I appreciate Oxen are looking to make a statement, I don’t like the design. It’s looks like a polo shirt to me. Maybe it will grow on me. The top half actually resembles United’s shirt 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Leeds have issued their 2021 shirt

https://www.eliteprosports.co.uk/shop/leeds-rhinos/leeds-rhinos-official-kit/leeds-rhinos-home-kit?utm_source=2021HomeKit&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=2021HomeKit

Nice touch with Burrow and good to see an embroidered crest and collar (I’m less bothered about the latter) but whilst I appreciate Oxen are looking to make a statement, I don’t like the design. It’s looks like a polo shirt to me. Maybe it will grow on me. The top half actually resembles United’s shirt 

I agree it looks like poor mans copy of LUFC at the top. It could have been an alright away kit but as a home shirt its a no from me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the cynic in me thinks they've gone for a proper collar due to the masses of complaints they got about the collar being far too small for the Rob Burrow shirt they produced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...