Sat 17 Oct: Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
    • Draw after 80 minutes
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/20 at 14:30

3 minutes ago, JonM said:

I reckon you'd be looking at a couple of million in legal costs and compensation, not forgetting the strong chance that we wouldn't be playing any more games at Wembley after unilaterally walking away from a contract. Explain to me again how that works out to be a cost saving?

I think the RFL paid a good chunk of the renovation, so we have a decent say in future games there.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bleep1673 said:

I think the RFL paid a good chunk of the renovation, so we have a decent say in future games there.

Rugby Unions over there -------------------------------------------------------->>>>>>>>

Go across to them since you obviously don't like anything about Rugby League.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

Bloody typical, BBC put together some great promotion for the game and the usual suspects are moaning about it.

Eh? I’ve said the promotion of the World Cup was good but it took them approx 30-35 minutes to mention today’s game. Which, for me, is not long enough to focus and build up today. It feels a bit of a secondary attraction. But yeah, do that thing Rugby League people do where they force positivity for no reason. 

6 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

The new Wembley cost just short of £800 million, most of which came from the FA. The RFL didn't put in a penny. We just got a very nice 10-year deal to be able to use it once a year, which was renewed by the RFL a couple of years back. Just like just about every other big stadium in the country, the owners can make their own decisions about who and when to rent it out to. 

Enjoy the match.

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

Eh? I’ve said the promotion of the World Cup was good but it took them approx 30-35 minutes to mention today’s game. Which, for me, is not long enough to focus and build up today. It feels a bit of a secondary attraction. But yeah, do that thing Rugby League people do where they force positivity for no reason. 

The opening 15 minutes was all about today's game, run through of teams, JJB and Kev Brown interviews you probably missed it though as you were busy looking for your green crayon.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Lizzie Jones sings 'Abide with me'. 👍

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

The opening 15 minutes was all about today's game, run through of teams, JJB and Kev Brown interviews you probably missed it though as you were busy looking for your green crayon.

Oh a bit of abuse for good measure. The coverage has been average. The best bit was the World Cup bit. 

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Lizzie Jones sings 'Abide with me'. 👍

And smashes it out brilliantly.

I must admit it's all a bit emotional watching this. Things like this are a real reminder of what is going on, and RL is a short respite from that, I've enjoyed every second so far, and we haven't kicked off yet. 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I must admit it's all a bit emotional watching this. Things like this are a real reminder of what is going on, and RL is a short respite from that, I've enjoyed every second so far, and we haven't kicked off 

The whole build up has been everything we love about our game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I must admit it's all a bit emotional watching this. Things like this are a real reminder of what is going on, and RL is a short respite from that, I've enjoyed every second so far, and we haven't kicked off yet. 

The video for Abide With Me was very good. Definitely the best bit so far, for me. 

Try confirmed, and Leeds are on the scoreboard first.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

In off the post from Rhyse Martin - 6:0.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived