Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Sat 17 Oct: Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Leeds Rhinos by 13 points or more
      15
    • Leeds Rhinos by 7 to 12 points
      11
    • Leeds Rhinos by 1 to 6 points
      5
    • Draw after 80 minutes
      0
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
      23
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
      19
    • Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more
      6

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/10/20 at 14:30

Recommended Posts

Discuss the Coral Challenge Cup Final: Leeds Rhinos v Salford Red Devils here.


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to this, Leeds the obvious favourites but I’ve got a hunch that Salford will do it, certainly hope so. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Really looking forward to this, Leeds the obvious favourites but I’ve got a hunch that Salford will do it, certainly hope so. 

I'm not picking on you, Eddie, and, indeed, I share both your hunch and hope, but why do you say that Leeds are 'obvious' favourites?  They currently lie 4th in the SL table.  Salford have recently knocked out of the challenge cup the sides who are third and fifth.  I can see that Leeds could be just about favourites, but not obvious ones.

I am reminded of the prevalent view two years ago that the Wire were strong favourites to turn over Les Dracs.  I never understood the logic in that, and the result both delighted me ('obviously'!) and struck me as far from surprising.

I feel sorry for the enterprising firm who, two years ago, were flogging 'Dragons fan for a day' T-shirts.  They could have made a fortune if there was a crowd this year with 'Red Devils fan for a day' ones!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I'm not picking on you, Eddie, and, indeed, I share both your hunch and hope, but why do you say that Leeds are 'obvious' favourites?  They currently lie 4th in the SL table.  Salford have recently knocked out of the challenge cup the sides who are third and fifth.  I can see that Leeds could be just about favourites, but not obvious ones.

I am reminded of the prevalent view two years ago that the Wire were strong favourites to turn over Les Dracs.  I never understood the logic in that, and the result both delighted me ('obviously'!) and struck me as far from surprising.

I feel sorry for the enterprising firm who, two years ago, were flogging 'Dragons fan for a day' T-shirts.  They could have made a fortune if there was a crowd this year with 'Red Devils fan for a day' ones!

Leeds have a history of winning trophies and are better than Salford, is why I make them favourites. The bookies seem to agree (1.55 Leeds, 2.54 Salford - apologies for the decimal odds). 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would Like Leeds to win. However I just want this to be an entertaining match to show the general public what a great sport we have. I have convinced a couple of people to give it a chance and watch the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure why but I find it hard to warm to this Leeds side. They are a decent enough team but unlike in previous years they just don’t excite me.  

Waiting to see the weather forecast as I fancy Salford over Leeds in dry weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logic says Leeds but Watson is more than capable of coming up with a game plan to overturn the odds. Hopefully it’s a classic with a winning score in the last couple of minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Waiting to see the weather forecast as I fancy Salford over Leeds in dry weather.

The BBC forecast this far ahead of Saturday - 12 degrees C, light cloud and gentle breeze, 8-10% chance of rain.


"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m not sure why but I find it hard to warm to this Leeds side. They are a decent enough team but unlike in previous years they just don’t excite me.  

Waiting to see the weather forecast as I fancy Salford over Leeds in dry weather.

Interesting, for me ive ‘warmed’ to this season’s side more than any of the sides in the last 3 years, they seem to have a real genuine affinity for each other and a genuine sense of team spirit, we have some excellent youngsters coming through and we have played some great rugby. Agar has a lot of critics but the work he’s done in the last year he deserves a lot of praise.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Scubby said:

RFL just announced Delia Smith for the community singing

spacer.png

I’d definitely watch that 

Edited by DavidM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a funny one this Salford have become my second team and I'm a Downtown Loiner.  I will never want my team to lose ,but if Salford win I will wholeheartedly congratulate them .Dont Know 


 Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't the Leeds side that last won the Cup.  Its quite possible only Tom Briscoe and Liam Sutcliffe will be in the team who have played in winning Leeds teams before whilst Salford played last years's GF so arguably more of their team have relevant big match experience than Leeds.

I support Leeds so want us to win but I'm not that confident at all.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leeds by 24, I am sorry to the City of my birth.


Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I chose Leeds by 1-6 pts but not with any conviction, it could go either way and I would be chuffed if Salford were to win.

Does big match experience count in this game? I know it's the CC final at Wembley but with the lack of a crowd that must relieve some of the pressure associated with the occasion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salford can pull it off against anyone on their day making this an intriguing final.  1st CC Final I've not attended for many many years which is no big deal compared to the heartache the Salford fans must be feeling.

Expecting Pauli Pauli to do an Offiah special, thereby earning a statue outside Wembley but think Leeds will claim the cup.

Got to be cheering Yorkshire on.  Come on Leeds.


This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...