John Drake

Thu 22 Oct: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Wakefield Trinity KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Wakefield Trinity

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/20 at 19:15

10 minutes ago, Curly perm said:

Thank Christ. So happy we got the try at the end because the Kyle Wood offside would’ve been a real sickener (despite it being right by the rules!). Gave it their all. 

Or was it ! As pointed out after match, the off side player should get within 10 yards of the defending player. Yet no shidds player went to defend the kick as batch caught it. It is difficult to see any defender. The ref gave the try aswell and that it usually a good reason to award one when it's difficult to make a definitive decision. 

decent game,loved the words from ref at about 70 minutes, he were telling em to get onside and one a lads said" i am onside ref", ref said"am glad your not fitting my carpet lad":kolobok_biggrin:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

Great effort from the Wakey lads tonight, however one swallow doesn’t make a summer, back it up on Sunday please! 

Can't argue with that!

"Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

This is what loads of games will be like if P&R is scrapped for a closed shop, i.e. almost meaningless. 

So an entertaining game then and obviously not meaningless to the players.

• Like 2

Another lacklustre second showing and another close game lost.

Well done Wakefield they wanted it more and got it.

Is it 2021 yet?

16 minutes ago, Padge said:

How do you work that out, they wouldn't have bothered tonight since there is no P&R, they bothered because it meant something WITHOUT P&R.

It only meant something because they’d lost 10 in a row and newspaper articles were saying Chester had lost the dressing room. It clearly galvanised them but it shouldn’t take a story in the Daily Star for Wakey to pull their finger out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Davo5 said:

So an entertaining game then and obviously not meaningless to the players.

Might as well just have friendlies every week and no league then. 

I thought we missed Goulding @ FB.  He is always getting involved in the play and brings a lot defensively too.

Still trying to work Sezer out.  When he plays at 100% he is outstanding, but the last couple of matches he has only performed in patches. Not sure if he is carrying a niggle or 2, but would prefer to see to play at full pelt every match rather than half pelt every match.

Obviously wasn't expecting that … FINALLY a win.

Losing is a habit, thankfully it's been broken. Massive game V KR Sunday now. Not on TV. Oops.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Stop being ridiculous.

23 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Obviously wasn't expecting that … FINALLY a win.

Losing is a habit, thankfully it's been broken. Massive game V KR Sunday now. Not on TV. Oops.

Broadcast on Our League if you want to watch on your phone.

• Like 1

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

55 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Stop being ridiculous.

My point is, the bottom half of SL without relegation (if it happens) will be dull as dishwater. 

1 hour ago, latchford albion said:

Broadcast on Our League if you want to watch on your phone.

Not quite the same but it will do. Cheers! 

43 minutes ago, Eddie said:

My point is, the bottom half of SL without relegation (if it happens) will be dull as dishwater. 

Then it’s up to those teams to improve so they are challenging for play off spots late into the season,last nights games were hardly dull as dishwater and do you think all the young emerging talent that’s been on show this season would have been risked if relegation was in place.

23 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Then it’s up to those teams to improve so they are challenging for play off spots late into the season,last nights games were hardly dull as dishwater and do you think all the young emerging talent that’s been on show this season would have been risked if relegation was in place.

Not everyone can challenge for a play off spot, by definition there will be a bottom half of the table and none of those teams will have anything to play for. Yes last night’s game was ok but they won’t all be like that. 

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

some a best games have seen  over the years have been so called friendlies,