POT OF GOLD !!!!!

newbe

2 hours ago, newbe said:

As much I love seeing these signings of players especially in the Championship, I just wonder if clubs will be stretching finances to far, even allowing for furloughs.

According to one poster all Championship & League 1 clubs are well cashed up

A fair amount of clubs in the Championship and league 1 don't have their own grounds. They rent off other clubs so they'll have saved money through not playing at these grounds. They'll also have their central funding and their staff and players will have been furlowed if that applies to semi pro players. We'll that's what I'd have thought anyway. 

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

A fair amount of clubs in the Championship and league 1 don't have their own grounds. They rent off other clubs so they'll have saved money through not playing at these grounds. They'll also have their central funding and their staff and players will have been furlowed if that applies to semi pro players. We'll that's what I'd have thought anyway. 

Yeah employers (clubs) can put part time employees (semi pro players) on furlough. 

11 hours ago, LeeF said:

According to one poster all Championship & League 1 clubs are well cashed up

They’ve had all staff on furlough and received government grants while still taking a share of the Super League tv deal. Some may say it’d be foolish to blow any cash reserves signing expensive players from Super League clubs 

9 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Has any Championship team made any particularly big name signings? I don’t really think there’s many signings that have been announced so far that are too out of the ordinary. 

There hasnt really been any stand out signings but I feel thats more to do with there not been too much of a gap between the best teams in the Championship and the worst teams in SL. You could easily interchange a lot of the players without having too much effect on performance. The better players in the Championship can easily step in to a poor SL team and be one of their better performers. Brandon Moore has been a good example of this, probably the championships best hooker and didn't look out of place at all in the Giants team.

At the moment Oldham seem to have signed on paper what seems to be a more powerful squad than we're used to. It's either there's more money in the pot or our chairman and coach are very persuasive. To be quite honest I'm not bothered, I'm just gagging for rugby leagues return with the fans present at all levels. I'm desperately worried about the game at this time,especially lower league and amateur. 

2 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

They’ve had all staff on furlough and received government grants while still taking a share of the Super League tv deal. Some may say it’d be foolish to blow any cash reserves signing expensive players from Super League clubs 

This post was reported. I’m not sure why. It’s not exactly a controversial thing to pay companies furlough funds if they have to reduce staff due to the pandemic.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

11 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Has any Championship team made any particularly big name signings? I don’t really think there’s many signings that have been announced so far that are too out of the ordinary. 

FEV have resigned Connor Jones and signed Kris Welham from salford  Fa’Amanu Brown from NRL the'ave got 1 from swinton and leigh and 5 academy lads with 17 of this years squad on second year of contracts the'ave 27 on the books

12 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Leigh have signed Nathaniel Peteru, Matty Russell, James Bell, Ryan Brierley, they certainly look like they are throwing money around chasing promotion. Halifax have signed Gadwin Springer. Featherstone Kris Welham. 

Toulouse have signed Mitch Garbutt, Eloi Pellisier, Joseph Paulo, Dom Peyroux, but they are expected to be announced as a Super League club in the near future.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Leigh have signed Nathaniel Peteru, Matty Russell, James Bell, Ryan Brierley, they certainly look like they are throwing money around chasing promotion. Halifax have signed Gadwin Springer. Featherstone Kris Welham. 

Toulouse have signed Mitch Garbutt, Eloi Pellisier, Joseph Paulo, Dom Peyroux, but they are expected to be announced as a Super League club in the near future.

Bar Russell, Peyroux and Paulo, would many of the others be on particularly big money? 

Archived