Jump to content

York’s Super League Bid promo video


Recommended Posts

37 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, you want to be awarded the 12th SL spot.

Yes, you believe York is ready,

No, you do not want to fight it out with the other Championship clubs for promotion next season.

Would it be that you consider this is the best opportunity York has of gaining SL status?

Lastly, you say the squads will be substantially different, where are the new player's going to come from Gavin?

Good morning Harry. 

do want us to fight it out for promotion, if we don't get in on application. 

It may not be our best chance of ever getting in, but I can say with certainty it is for the 2021 season. 

Our chairman says they intend to sign 6 or 8 more players and that the coach is receiving calls from player agents nearly every day, especially NRL reserve grade.

We would have the money and the quota spaces.

However, regardless of which team gets in, it's still going to be a great season in the Championship. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When the Leigh fans are rattled you know you’re a threat to them. Well done York.

Seeing as though Toulouse got a dedicated thread, I thought I’d leave this here for York. Excellent work.    

York moving from favourite little underdog club to public enemy after they bring out a swish video and show ambition 😄 😄 Love it!!

Posted Images

I see former BBC Director General and ex-Chairman of the FA Greg Dyke is backing York's bid: https://www.totalrl.com/greg-dyke-goes-in-to-bat-for-york/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=greg-dyke-goes-in-to-bat-for-york

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I see former BBC Director General and ex-Chairman of the FA Greg Dyke is backing York's bid: https://www.totalrl.com/greg-dyke-goes-in-to-bat-for-york/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=greg-dyke-goes-in-to-bat-for-york

 

You mean the Greg Dyke, BBC Director General who dramatically resigned his position as the corporation struggled to deal with the biggest crisis in its 82-year history. 

I wouldn't shout his commendation out to loudly.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You mean the Greg Dyke, BBC Director General who dramatically resigned his position as the corporation struggled to deal with the biggest crisis in its 82-year history. 

I wouldn't shout his commendation out to loudly.

Ah OK, so this is a bad thing then? Alright cheers.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gavin7094 said:

Good morning

I agree with you about Toronto. 

I think Mrs Jones is at least as likely to take in York v Wakefield on her next visit to York than Featherstone v Wakefield on her next visit to Featherstone*

But, being serious, it's more likely that someone from Scarborough, or Northallerton, who has been interested but never quite tempted enough to come and see a game when York were in League 1, makes the effort when we're in Super League. 

*. I actually live in Kent, next door to a Sharon Jones. I'll ask her. 

 

Think I knew Shazza does she have a huge pair of ornate Lyons at the front gates

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Trivial question: what's the music accompanying the video? I really like it. 😃

It's a York band, Skylights - song is called What You Are, youtube link: 

Also Shed Seven did the Grand Final so York bands have got previous in the game. 

See, we even do pop culture too so it's not just chocolate, trains and Pen-Y-Ghent we've got going for us here in York!

  • Like 3

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Maybe Wilkin was confusing York with Harrogate. As everybody knows, Harrogate is in Surrey.

Wilkin would struggle to differentiate his arris from his elbow, let alone letting him loose on the commercial merits of an heartlands club in the pandemic for a season 

Every club has its merits in this process but its facts that need comparison not emotions. The main fact will be capability to be competitive whilst riding the current crisis, we cannot afford another TW season if COVID continues to dictate the landscape

what I personally hope comes from this is that two tens is accepted as the way to engage and expand

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

It's a York band, Skylights - song is called What You Are, youtube link: 

Also Shed Seven did the Grand Final so York bands have got previous in the game. 

See, we even do pop culture too so it's not just chocolate, trains and Pen-Y-Ghent we've got going for us here in York!

That’s nothing Leyths very own on Soccer AM at the weekend

https://t.co/itRhbzC6Fl?amp=1

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sweaty craiq said:

That’s nothing Leyths very own on Soccer AM at the weekend

https://t.co/itRhbzC6Fl?amp=1

 

Skylights were on Soccer AM back in February, if that's one of the promotion criteria.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

It's a York band, Skylights - song is called What You Are, youtube link: 

Also Shed Seven did the Grand Final so York bands have got previous in the game. 

See, we even do pop culture too so it's not just chocolate, trains and Pen-Y-Ghent we've got going for us here in York!

Thank you - found them on Apple Music so will give them a good listen. This track's great though - hear bits of The Twang and The Cult in it. Are they fans?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Newcastle Thunder said:

You don’t need to worry about that Gav! We have development officers covering this area

 

we successfully supported the creation on Yarm Wolves, and have further plans for another 3 community clubs in the TeesValley area.

keep up the good work in York though 

Lovely stuff guys, keep spreading the good word! 😄 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Thank you - found them on Apple Music so will give them a good listen. This track's great though - hear bits of The Twang and The Cult in it. Are they fans?

They are indeed, the band member's kids have been game day mascots before and play for New Earswick All Blacks (I believe) 😄 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Wilkin would struggle to differentiate his arris from his elbow, let alone letting him loose on the commercial merits of an heartlands club in the pandemic for a season 

Every club has its merits in this process but its facts that need comparison not emotions. The main fact will be capability to be competitive whilst riding the current crisis, we cannot afford another TW season if COVID continues to dictate the landscape

what I personally hope comes from this is that two tens is accepted as the way to engage and expand

Two tens would be even duller than 12 with loop fixtures, and that’s saying something. I’d go for 14 and 14 with two up two down. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

We don’t have 28 clubs able to run at FT with £1m plus squads otherwise I would agree

Why does the whole championship have to be full time? With no TV money to speak of and 13 home fixtures a year they couldn’t possibly be full time without a sugar daddy. Other leagues in other sports (eg football) work fine with a mix of FT and PT clubs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

In early 80s I travelled up from Berkshire to Wigan to watch my football team play. Arrived and asked where the football ground was. Was given very accurate directions which we followed only to discover ourselves outside the RL ground. I didn't realise that rugby was football there! 

Was , is and will always be,.

My 8 shares still describe it as the football club.

Even Dave Whelan recognised that.........

The Aussie description of the game as  ' footie  ' says it all.........

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Why does the whole championship have to be full time? With no TV money to speak of and 13 home fixtures a year they couldn’t possibly be full time without a sugar daddy. Other leagues in other sports (eg football) work fine with a mix of FT and PT clubs. 

The Championship would be Tier 3. You put the onus on the 3 French clubs to secure their own deal same with TW. That frees 3 full SL pots and the top 7 funding in the championship this gives the British clubs in the championship over £1m each which drops to about 600k if we provide a full share to the other clubs. 600k in that league should demand a £1m spend as a min

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

The Championship would be Tier 3. You put the onus on the 3 French clubs to secure their own deal same with TW. That frees 3 full SL pots and the top 7 funding in the championship this gives the British clubs in the championship over £1m each which drops to about 600k if we provide a full share to the other clubs. 600k in that league should demand a £1m spend as a min

TW?

Also why would the French clubs be responsible for securing a TV deal when the English clubs don’t have that responsibility? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...