swinton in the cup

tandle

watched the swinton v newcastle game which swinton won. swinton do not look a big side but were very mobile and liked to get the ball out wide, how they will go on against oldham with a big pack will be interesting.

but one thing oldham will have to watch the pitch at sale is very wide and long. when newcastle played down the middle they made very good yards

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 21/03/2021 at 19:28, tandle said:

watched the swinton v newcastle game which swinton won. swinton do not look a big side but were very mobile and liked to get the ball out wide, how they will go on against oldham with a big pack will be interesting.

but one thing oldham will have to watch the pitch at sale is very wide and long. when newcastle played down the middle they made very good yards

Sounds like it could be an interesting match-up in styles, although I don’t think we’ll be afraid to throw it about when we can.

Martyn Ridyard is at Swinton and will be an obvious danger in their halves.

18 hours ago, OL14.yeds said:

Sounds like it could be an interesting match-up in styles, although I don’t think we’ll be afraid to throw it about when we can.

Martyn Ridyard is at Swinton and will be an obvious danger in their halves.

One things for sure is that the boys need to keep Ridyard as quiet as possible. 

Interesting game this with you'd think both teams being very confident as victory. Swinton were impressive in beating Newcastle and whilst we were comfortable beating Barrow we weren't dominant like we could have been. Playing each other again 5 days later for league points adds another level to the game as changes will have to be made around such a short turnaround.

We have plenty of forwards champing at the bit to get a game in Joy, Fletcher and Spencer so i can see a few changes there.  Interesting to see if Hewitt is available will he come straight back into the team but i'd stick with Barran. Maybe worth trying one of the young backs in Holcroft,Green or Hartley but I wouldn't make too many changes there.

Looking at the squad named we'll have to do some fiddling around at hooker and half back with Owen again having to play huge minutes and probably Charnock filling in at dummy half with Green going into the halves for a spell.  Joy and Spencer would replace Nelmes and Reilly . Think the rest of the team picks itself at the minute.

At times we have looked great, good line breaks, but pushed the pass a little too much. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Too many shooting out of the line.

We seem to be breaking the line through the tackle, they seem to be finding more gaps.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived