Whitehaven (H) April 3rd

Blind side johnny

I enjoyed that.Good first try from Haven.A lot of errors from the RAMS in first half.Great finishing from Flemming.Awesome from Ryder,knowles and brave man Sam Day.Well controlled in second half by the young half backs.      How about the club investing in some new bulbs for the flood lights and getting rid of the french-batley Euro dull ones.  Too many mistakes from Haven this time thankfully.    

Well done on the win guys I thought it was a carbon copy of the game at haven 2 weeks ago we can’t win a game giving 15 plus errors away and I’m very disappointed in the show from us, much work needed think someone needs to check the sheds and see if haven came out for the 2nd half, best of luck for the season guys 👍

Unlike Silcoates, I can’t say I enjoyed this somewhat disjointed affair. I thought Whitehaven looked the better side in the first half, with Walmsley looking a very good acquisition, but seemed to lose their cool in the second. Dewsbury, on the other hand, liked to give away penalties in both halves, but the football played was better with Fleming being our best player (and probably best “mixer” too), along with Day and Hall, who gave another good account of himself. 
I thought referee Moore officiated well, keen on indiscipline, but also allowing the odd scuffle to sort itself out. 
A totally better performance will be needed if we want to avoid being trodden underfoot by Widnes. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

9 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Unlike Silcoates, I can’t say I enjoyed this somewhat disjointed affair. I thought Whitehaven looked the better side in the first half, with Walmsley looking a very good acquisition, but seemed to lose their cool in the second. Dewsbury, on the other hand, liked to give away penalties in both halves, but the football played was better with Fleming being our best player (and probably best “mixer” too), along with Day and Hall, who gave another good account of himself. 
I thought referee Moore officiated well, keen on indiscipline, but also allowing the odd scuffle to sort itself out. 
A totally better performance will be needed if we want to avoid being trodden underfoot by Widnes. 

A good summary. 

10 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

All fair comments.

I think that Haven were more slick for 30 minutes but faded badly - their 2nd half indiscipline is common for any tiring team. When McNally went off they were virtually rudderless.

Day made a real impact when he came on (I would say that!) but I would keep him as the impact hooker. Butterworth was up against their pack when they were still fresh and has a fair bit of potential in my eyes. I like Hall, especially off the bench. Walton probably deserves a starting role - he certainly made a difference - and maybe Knowles could use a spell on the bench as a first change forward.

The weakness on our RHS side is worrying and other clubs have certainly identified that. It is nothing new, either, and pointing a finger at the wingman is missing the point I believe.

We will need some minor adjustments for next week, otherwise we could fall into the habit of having a default 17 which is difficult to break into. I suspect that Oakes, who is very sound in my view, picked up a strain in the second half.

Played one, won one and still above Batley in the league; it would be nice if the latter could last at least.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

20 hours ago, coolie said:

You mean

Greg Moananally 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A number of players tried, unsuccessfully, to influence the referee. They weren't all on the Whitehaven side.

They say that it is a sign of "experience".

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 03/04/2021 at 21:18, Blind side johnny said:

Any views on Sam Days try?

Having just seen it on the highlights, it didn't look like a try to me. Both of Flemming's were superb, the first was an absolute peach. He looks a real handful.

4 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

Having just seen it on the highlights, it didn't look like a try to me. Both of Flemming's were superb, the first was an absolute peach. He looks a real handful.

I agree, a real attribute to the team.

Day's try didn't look a try from the camera whereas Mossop's did, however the referee had a better view than us. Maybe Sam got the ball down when he first went to ground as the ref seemed pretty certain about it. I'm not complaining anyway.

By the way, in the club photos posted on Facebook, did anyone notice there seemed to be two or three faces poked above the fence at the Owl Lane end? Wonder if they got a good view.

1 hour ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

By the way, in the club photos posted on Facebook, did anyone notice there seemed to be two or three faces poked above the fence at the Owl Lane end? Wonder if they got a good view.

They were probably the the remaining "heads on spikes" captured at the last Batley game. We've a couple of your lads still rotting in the cages on our fortress walls too 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Day's try didn't look a try from the camera whereas Mossop's did, however the referee had a better view than us. Maybe Sam got the ball down when he first went to ground as the ref seemed pretty certain about it. I'm not complaining anyway.

Don't be admitting to people looking through the fence. You could be investigated.😮😮

19 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Don't be admitting to people looking through the fence. You could be investigated.😮😮

Just trying to throw you off the scent so no one complains about the big pissup in the bar afterwards... 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Yes the ref was right on the spot for both, so had the best view. As he doesn't care who wins, reckon he probably made the right decisions. Btw for Day's try, the Whitehaven 12 who tackled him never got onside from the play the ball.

On 05/04/2021 at 09:34, Blind side johnny said:

A number of players tried, unsuccessfully, to influence the referee. They weren't all on the Whitehaven side.

They say that it is a sign of "experience".

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So you can't be old an inexperienced then 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, coolie said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So you can't be old an inexperienced then 😂😂😂

For you I would make the exception.

Archived