James Harrison to Warrington?

hrtbps

11 minutes ago, hrtbps said:

It has been mooted for a while. What we should have done is get him to sign a new contract and then transfer him for a fee. He would be given a part of the transfer fee for his cooperation.So then he succeeds in two quarters a donation from us and SL income.

I would have told him to sign a new contract with us. Then transfer him. We would get a transfer fee and his bonus would be a part of the transfer fee. So he wins twice a bonus fron us and SL standing.

1 minute ago, jamescolin said:

I would have told him to sign a new contract with us. Then transfer him. We would get a transfer fee and his bonus would be a part of the transfer fee. So he wins twice a bonus fron us and SL standing.

There's no guarantee we would get a fee. A fee could well put wire off. Then he'd be at fev instead of at wire playing in SL.... and fev would have a player who would be pretty pizzed off.

4 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

If they want him they would sign for a fee. 

Well aye.... they may also decide that they don't want to pay a fee for him. Then what? And what if James doesn't want to sign a new contract. He's out of contract at the seasons end and will no doubt have SL opportunities. 

1 minute ago, mightyship said:

Was probably inevitable he would be moving on as a class act. Just hope he can help us to achieve our ambition of joining him in Super League this year. 

I really need a slap..... I'm getting way too giddy.

I genuine believe we'll go up ffs.....

I can't shift these thoughts out of my head. It's daft cos normally I'm a whinge ar se, glass half empty sort.

6 minutes ago, lingaro said:

Ah but we've made him into a SL quality player. 

And we set him out on the path after Bradford rejected him. That aside, my point is that there should be some kind of fee involved. Yet more evidence of the top down approach failing the lower levels.

Just now, distantdog said:

And we set him out on the path after Bradford rejected him. That aside, my point is that there should be some kind of fee involved. Yet more evidence of the top down approach failing the lower levels.

It's more to do with the law regards sporting contracts DD. Bosman put paid to that. He's a free agent at the end of the season.

17 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

It's more to do with the law regards sporting contracts DD. Bosman put paid to that. He's a free agent at the end of the season.

Yes, I understand that, and maybe something the lower league clubs could perhaps try to remedy themselves. But I stand by my comment regarding top down approach.

I hope we stand firm and keep James to the end of the season.If Wire want him before that  my value of him would be £60/£70K  if they are not willing to pay that let them wait until his contract is up.As for Fev making him into a S.L. player we may have helped but he has improved through his own efforts and ability to read the game like i have said before some players always seem to be in the right place at the right time.It's not just luck.

13 hours ago, Michael Bates said:

1st May is the date it's allowed from for players with expiring contracts.

well I hope were putting the feelers out for possible signings if we go up and aren't waiting till it's confirmed 

Archived