J, Baldwinson

spanishknight

While the sentiments offered by John Flatman regarding this loan are to be applauded, it does beg the question why couldn't Sheffield use the loan system to ensure our game went ahead on Sunday?

It is a difficult time for every club, but we are not so flush with players we can loan them out and risk them getting injured. Wonder if Bradford asked to loan Sam Scott?

Months loan , season loan , now 2  and 1 week periods plus 1 week recalls , i know we've all suffered with covid issues but this season needs calling null and void , let's move on up 2022 😀😀😀

Good to see you are all as confused by this as we are. I came here hoping someone would be able to shed some light. Seems an odd decision. 

Bradford are ok for numbers in the pack. It will be interesting to see if he is busting a gut against Halifax or just going through the motions as it’s a one match free hit for him

2 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

While the sentiments offered by John Flatman regarding this loan are to be applauded, it does beg the question why couldn't Sheffield use the loan system to ensure our game went ahead on Sunday?

It is a difficult time for every club, but we are not so flush with players we can loan them out and risk them getting injured. Wonder if Bradford asked to loan Sam Scott?

If JF is to be believed then, i assume that Fax v bradford would be postponed on Sunday without this 'loan'?

If it's a case of enabling games to take place I'm all for it. It's not an ideal situation by any means but we're not in an ideal world at the moment.  I love watching rugby league and if it gets games played I'm all for it. If some folks don't like it and think it's better to "cull" the season, fair enough, that's their opinion but I don't fancy going back to no rugby again. It's bad enough having to endure the normal close season!

Am I not right in saying once 7 players have COVID that club is entitled to postpone the game? So it doesn’t matter if you have 100 players in your squad, once 7 are out of action you can postpone.

It’s a tricky one, because on the one hand if you’re playing Swindon (and I say this with all due respect) and you have 7 players off, you’ll still fancy your chances so will decide to play....I think Ford was quoted as saying York could’ve called last Sunday’s game off. 

On the flip side if you’re playing Fev or Toulouse, you won’t be quite as eager to get the game on.

6 hours ago, AB Knight said:

It’s a tricky one, because on the one hand if you’re playing Swindon (and I say this with all due respect) and you have 7 players off, you’ll still fancy your chances so will decide to play.

I would also fancy our chances against Swindon! 

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

7 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Am I not right in saying once 7 players have COVID that club is entitled to postpone the game? So it doesn’t matter if you have 100 players in your squad, once 7 are out of action you can postpone.

It’s a tricky one, because on the one hand if you’re playing Swindon (and I say this with all due respect) and you have 7 players off, you’ll still fancy your chances so will decide to play....I think Ford was quoted as saying York could’ve called last Sunday’s game off. 

On the flip side if you’re playing Fev or Toulouse, you won’t be quite as eager to get the game on.

Your right it's down to club to instigate covid protocol last week FEV had 7 out but chose to play the bulls away

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, spanishknight said:

See Bradford want to sign Baldwinson on a  permanent deal for next season.

Must have impressed at his recent audition. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• 4 weeks later...

Archived