Euro XIII

Have any of these clubs been active this year? Interested in knowing the state of play for the tournament and the teams who committed to being in it.

Bild

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Part of the point of XIII is to give teams a chance to play as they have no opposition in their own country (Moldova, Belgium, Hungary at least, probably more) so those teams at least will probably not have been active. 

The Welsh, Scottish, Irish and English teams definitely have been, as have the Dutch and Czechs. 

Edited by Eddie

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Part of the point of XIII is to give teams a chance to play as they have no opposition in their own country (Moldova, Belgium, Hungary at least, probably more) so those teams at least will probably not have been active. 

Yes, it's not a trick question, I've found a bit of a struggle to follow who's been doing what in the past year - and there has been activity in some surprising places so would be good to hear of other examples.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, thebrewxi said:

had the RFL not cancelled the West of England league. 

Hang on, what?

9 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

I was messaging the manager of the Jaguars yesterday. They have played a few matches (I was able to be at one), and would have played yesterday had the RFL not cancelled the West of England league. 

Flipping eck. The east of England league is going on but I’m fairly sure they organise that themselves because the RFL weren’t doing it. 

• Like 1

I got the impression the rfl werent really doing their job and no one knew what was going on. The West of England clubs, some of them, appear to have organised their own "plate" and "play off" matches independently from the rfl too. This sport I love, man! Drives me mad. 

• Like 1

Just now, thebrewxi said:

I got the impression the rfl werent really doing their job and no one knew what was going on. The West of England clubs, some of them, appear to have organised their own "plate" and "play off" matches independently from the rfl too. This sport I love, man! Drives me mad. 

There must be more to it that that. You can’t arrange RL games without RFL sanctioning it or insurance is invalid

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

I was messaging the manager of the Jaguars yesterday. They have played a few matches (I was able to be at one), and would have played yesterday had the RFL not cancelled the West of England league. 

Jaguars have forfeited a number of their fixtures this year. The league was full of forfeited fixtures unfortunately. 

Just now, thebrewxi said:

That's not how they sell it. 

You've been misinformed then. Jaguars and All Golds A have forfeited a number of fixtures. The league started well albeit with a number of blowout scores. Over the last few weeks hardly a game has been played due to teams not meeting their obligations to play a game 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

You've been misinformed then. Jaguars and All Golds A have forfeited a number of fixtures. The league started well albeit with a number of blowout scores. Over the last few weeks hardly a game has been played due to teams not meeting their obligations to play a game 

Sad. Like you say started well. The Jaguars and oxford postponed a fixture due to covid, and they dont seem to have got going again. Has the league official been cancelled, or is it still going then missing the two teams?

I did suggest to the jaguars that their view of what had happened was 100% opposite to what some people were putting on certain forums. And they might want to come out with some sort of statement. 

Edited by thebrewxi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thebrewxi said:

Sad. Like you say started well. The Jaguars and oxford postponed a fixture due to covid, and they dont seem to have got going again. Has the league official been cancelled, or is it still going then missing the two teams?

Cancelled - was only 4 teams left.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

This isn’t true sadly. We (Jags) were offered a game but only had 9 or 10 available, maximum. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rotterdam Pitbulls have competed in a three weeks shortened season here in the Netherlands where Nines was the format.So some games played remembering the covid rules differ greatly from the UK . Den Haag Knights beat Amsterdam Cobras in the final .May be an image of text that says "NRLB B NRLB NINES FINAL STANDINGS P PF PA PTS 13 10 3 O 214 138 20 156 146 13 14 KNIGHTS COBRAS DOLPHINS WOLVES PITBULLS GRIFFINS 6 1 144 178 13 6 2 6 5 5 7 13 1 5 174 144 12 128 156 11 46 100 O #NRLB"

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yanto said:

Rotterdam Pitbulls have competed in a three weeks shortened season here in the Netherlands where Nines was the format.So some games played remembering the covid rules differ greatly from the UK . Den Haag Knights beat Amsterdam Cobras in the final .May be an image of text that says "NRLB B NRLB NINES FINAL STANDINGS P PF PA PTS 13 10 3 O 214 138 20 156 146 13 14 KNIGHTS COBRAS DOLPHINS WOLVES PITBULLS GRIFFINS 6 1 144 178 13 6 2 6 5 5 7 13 1 5 174 144 12 128 156 11 46 100 O #NRLB"

Good to see the sixth team in this year Yanto. Why did the Griffins only play 5 games though?