Sat 21-Sun 22 Aug: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some statement of intent by Crusaders. What was looking fairly straightforward in terms of promotion a couple of months ago has been severly disrupted.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Donny just gone over under the sticks so BRLFC lose again today, Some strike players not earning their corn 🌽 recently….Cresta sort them out or drop them…Playoffs can be a lottery & on current form the Cru will win them.

8 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

Heading off to Spotland (sorry, Crown Oil Arena), as a neutral, for Rochdale-Hunslet. Not bothered who wins. Hoping it's as close as the league table suggests (the 22-28 prediction above would do very nicely).

First game this season I'll have seen in any of the top three tiers. To think how many I used to watch!

What a game you picked! 

1 minute ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Can still see it being between Workington & Barrow for top spot ( probably Town) but then its a lottery when it comes to play offs

Bad result for Town at home, away to Donmy is going to be very tough as they seem to be back to playing very well and beating Barrow today , this league is very tight and you can only see a win at home for Barrow against Skolars next week. 

4 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

The scoreline today very much flattered Barrow. The spirit and attitude shown today by the Dons today was extraordinary given the last few results. As a team it was as good as we've been all year.

Great result for Donny it is still up for grabs. Great boost ahead of Workington at home next week.

Archived