Jump to content

Cumbrian RL


Spike
 Share

Recommended Posts

Great to see some success for Cumbrian sides this year..  whitehaven defying the odds to make championship play offs

Barrow winning league one and gaining automatic promotion 

And a young Workington Town team gaining promotion via the play offs

Great to see and hopefully Cumbria is on the rise again 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Great to see some success for Cumbrian sides this year..  whitehaven defying the odds to make championship play offs

Barrow winning league one and gaining automatic promotion 

And a young Workington Town team gaining promotion via the play offs

Great to see and hopefully Cumbria is on the rise again 

Hope Town keep the kit design for 2022 too. It is a belter!

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Spike said:

Great to see some success for Cumbrian sides this year..  whitehaven defying the odds to make championship play offs

Barrow winning league one and gaining automatic promotion 

And a young Workington Town team gaining promotion via the play offs

Great to see and hopefully Cumbria is on the rise again 

And 2 Cumbrian amateur teams playing at Featherstone next week in the NCL finals day,Kells in the plate final & Wath Brow in the Grand Final.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, tonyvikinggee said:

Honest Question, How does the RFL ignore Cumbria?

Not sure they do. Problem with Cumbria is like, its like if Cornwall was a RL hotbed, it’s sparsely populated spread out, poor transport  links, no main central big town or city.  No one side area is big enough to support a competitive SL team the only possible viable merger would be Whitehaven and Workington, and call them selves Cumberland (historical county name) or west Cumbria. Barrow could only be involved if that bridge over  Morecambe bay ever happens and the have a motorway up the west coast, but none of that will ever happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Not sure they do. Problem with Cumbria is like, its like if Cornwall was a RL hotbed, it’s sparsely populated spread out, poor transport  links, no main central big town or city.  No one side area is big enough to support a competitive SL team the only possible viable merger would be Whitehaven and Workington, and call them selves Cumberland (historical county name) or west Cumbria. Barrow could only be involved if that bridge over  Morecambe bay ever happens and the have a motorway up the west coast, but none of that will ever happen. 

https://www.in-cumbria.com/news/18627089.bay-bridge-plans-senseless/

Only 8 billion

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

And 2 Cumbrian amateur teams playing at Featherstone next week in the NCL finals day,Kells in the plate final & Wath Brow in the Grand Final.

Was considering going to this, great to see kells and the brow in the finals.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

Bargain compared to HS2, it would cut the journey from M6 Lancaster to Barrow by more than half, which is better than Knocking 10 minutes of London to Birmingham, but Barrow us not Birmingham nir us it the Humber bridge Hull to Grimsby

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...