WCC 2022

Eddie

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

I'm sure if Saints are offered the same generous expenses that Aussie teams get when they come here they might be tempted

I'm sure the SL teams who have to have their matches postponed will be delighted.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Damien said:

All Penrith and the NRL have to do is host the match on the same basis as what happens in England. They take on the risk, pay for the costs and hosting but this should be more than made up for by the profits. That is the risk that the English game has to take on board every year. Surely the NRL with all its superior administration and marketing, so we are told, aren't afraid to take on that risk?

1 hour ago, The Future is League said:

I'm sure if Saints are offered the same generous expenses that Aussie teams get when they come here they might be tempted

I can only imagine that the NRL clubs that host the WCC only reimburse the visiting side from what they make on the day, any sponsorship for the event probably being pocketed, although I can`t say that for certain.

Either way by not guaranteeing flight or accommodation costs the financial risk is all placed on the visiting side. They of course bearing the greatest cost. They become a type of unsecured creditor; they get a split of whatever is left after the bills are paid.

I`m sorry to say it only reveals what low regard the event is probably held in and to use another business term, reveals the inability to distinguish (or even ignorance of) the difference between tangible and non-tangible returns. 

• Like 1