Wheelchair Internationals

Damien

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Weird, having a match thread without the usual moaning, whingeing and conspiracy theories.

All those spectators were given free tickets, why isn't this on bbc one?, why is it being played in a tiny arena in Gillingham and not in Featherstone? Something about heritage players, the ref is rubbish and probably being paid off by the mafia to fix the game, not enough flatcaps or whippets, the NRL is run by space lizards and controls rugby league. 

...that enough for you? 😉

3 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

All those spectators were given free tickets, why isn't this on bbc one?, why is it being played in a tiny arena in Gillingham and not in Featherstone? Something about heritage players, the ref is rubbish and probably being paid off by the mafia to fix the game, not enough flatcaps or whippets, the NRL is run by space lizards and controls rugby league. 

I'll have you know Whippets have become rather fashionable and expensive dogs since winning at Crufts a couple of years ago.

2 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

I'll have you know Whippets have become rather fashionable and expensive dogs since winning at Crufts a couple of years ago.

Fair enough, another valuable northern contribution to southern society just like when everyone seemed to be wearing flat caps because of Peaky Blinders' popularity. 😂

11 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

" the space lizards are working on a Rugby League interstellar Ray gun that when fired at Earth will make RL the number 1 game , expect this soon"

_112093420_48c534b2-9db1-45a5-bb6b-b0dd3dd162dc.jpg

When Nicolas Clausells is on the "field", France step up a gear.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looking on Twitter, you can spot the traditional RL fan among the people discovering the sport and loving it.

Everyone else is gobsmacked, thrilled and delighted. And most of them wouldn't have watched if it wasn't on the BBC. Adam Hills, of course, let people know it was on, which was a great help.

Meanwhile, Mr Trad reckons the scoreline's a poor advert for the game. Keepin' it real.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Looking on Twitter, you can spot the traditional RL fan among the people discovering the sport and loving it.

Everyone else is gobsmacked, thrilled and delighted. And most of them wouldn't have watched if it wasn't on the BBC. Adam Hills, of course, let people know it was on, which was a great help.

Meanwhile, Mr Trad reckons the scoreline's a poor advert for the game. Keepin' it real.

How is the scoreline a poor advert for the game? If anything it's a good one isn't it cos it shows there are more competitive teams than the usual tier 1 nations. Can't understand Mr Trad's reasoning there. 

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

How is the scoreline a poor advert for the game? If anything it's a good one isn't it cos it shows there are more competitive teams than the usual tier 1 nations. Can't understand Mr Trad's reasoning there. 

Mr Trad refuses to be dazzled by those flashy modern silver linings, when there's dark, oppressive grey clouds to focus on.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Having a second Test so soon will be great for the game.

For those who discovered the sport this evening, there's very little time for the interest to dwindle.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Some reactions from social media. Unfortunately, there wasn't a single hashtag that everyone got behind and quoted, but still, a sample for your pleasure.

What a game. First proper experience of wheelchair #RugbyLeague for me but it definitely won't be the last.

I've got a new favourite sport... wheelchair Rugby League is epic... great win for France over England in the first of two @IntRL Test Matches 24-49.

So, I just saw that Wheelchair Rugby League was being shown on BBC IPlayer. Sadly I didn't know about it in advance so I only caught the end, but I thought it was absolutely fantastic! There's another match on Saturday, will definitely be tuning in!

First chance to watch wheelchair rugby league, and I'm really enjoying it.

Wheelchair rugby league may very well be the best sport I’ve never heard of. Awesome stuff. 

And people say wheelchair rugby aka murderball is violent, we have the protection of the chairs.

Wheelchair rugby league is brilliant. Some of the set-plays are spectacular.

The lads playing wheelchair Rugby League are absolute nails. Some game this.

I think I've found a new sport to watch, wheelchair rugby league absolutely brilliant

What a sport wheelchair rugby league is they f****n smash each other out the chairs !

Watching Wheelchair Rugby League on BBC red button channel. Absolutely brutal. Brilliant game to watch

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived