Cricket - Matches & General Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Smith and Inglis were picking up the runs against the spin attack then.

I’m not confident from a Proteas perspective but maybe the pace bowlers can blast through.

Edit: Atherton beat me too it

Yeah, Greggy Inglis has come in and looked too solid. 

Need 2 in next 2/3 overs otherwise it's done.

Suppose i should go for a run now...

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

15 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Yeah, Greggy Inglis has come in and looked too solid. 

Need 2 in next 2/3 overs otherwise it's done.

Suppose i should go for a run now...

One wicket down (Steve Smith), Matt, if you’re checking your watch (big assumption on my part) while out.

Abandon jog if Inglis goes soon!

Time to start running…back.

South Africa need 3 wickets for less than 20 runs to defend their meagre total.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ah well, time to start cheering for the tournament hosts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

28 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Ah well, time to start cheering for the tournament hosts.

👇

1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

As far as I’m concerned, anyone who isn’t South African, and goes for South Africa in anything, against anybody, is a traitor to happiness  

😂 

• Haha 1

I also have India in a sweepstake. But I'd be cheering for Mordor if they were playing Australia at the weekend.

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

One wicket down (Steve Smith), Matt, if you’re checking your watch (big assumption on my part) while out.

Abandon jog if Inglis goes soon!

Time to start running…back.

I didn't go. I sat on the edge of my bed and watched it in my short shorts instead.

It was too dark then 🙂

• Haha 2

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

End of the world...cup coming up and the unanswered question. Why does Australia nand New Zealand both with aging sides, remain competitive in ALL forms of the game and England ,"Focusing on ODI Cricket 2019" - "Focusing on Test Cricket 2023", Fail to do so.

Maybe because unlike the English game the BBL is cut back and Super Smash (NZ domestic T20) also not regarded as the pinnacle  of the game wheras England as the bonus of two domestic short form formats damaging the very fabric of the game and causing players to compain about a congested fixture list involving late night travel betwen back to back fixtures

Yes you can point to the T20 World Cup , Cricket's version of the Freight Rover Trophy which is all very nice to win but meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Perhaps English cricket's adminstrators think its a bonus to win a global competition that matters.

A lot of commentators keep on saying there has been a lack of close ghames in the 50 over tournament, to which i would reply you know there not a lot of close Test matches either. The longer the game of Cricket. The more the better side prevails. Conversely the shorter the format, not only does it not resemble the game of cricket but it becomes a game of chance where a few choice swips win you the game - 💯 and T10. You can either lunch at a Weatherspoons or a McDonalds I suppose

Two casualties already from the World Cup, Babar Azam under fire in Pakistan and Shakib Al-Hassan who was going anyway after the world cup, but whose time had run out following the Sri Lanka game. Aaian teams play in the Asia Cup tournament and I am sure that incident embarrassed the Bangladesh board hence Shakib'a "injury" and subsequent departure from the world cup.

Why is Matthew Mott not a casualty, well again who would replace him. The best coaches are at the IPL and there are not too many takers for a Job that requires a considerable amount of time away from home. It's not that they have not been sounded out but Its not lucrative enough.

Oh and as an added bonus Metro Bank sponsors of the domestic ODI series and One Day Cup are in a bit of trouble https://www.cityam.com/metro-bank-added-to-fcas-financial-crime-watchlist/

Stanford Super Series anyone ?

"I picked these lads thinking they were ready and clearly some of them are not. I'm not blaming the players"

Paul Farbrace - Sussex CCC and ex-england coach engaging in Wordspeak....

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Coitus and, furthermore, bottoms.:kolobok_angry2:

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congratulations to Australia a team that kept its head when faced with a small target.

Big churn after players after this world cup and many players from many teams will not be playing in Africa in 2027.

One consolation for England is that they did won on their own soil unlike India where there will be a reckoning.

Australia will be back and a force in all three formats. Will anybody in English cricket administrationlearn from this debacle ....

"I picked these lads thinking they were ready and clearly some of them are not. I'm not blaming the players"

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers has started in the Pietersen household...

https://twitter.com/KP24/status/1725117336150012233

1 hour ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Idiotic and disgusting by the individuals responsible.