Summer Bash

tms

12 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

If the rules are clear at the start of the season and its the same for everyone - can't see a problem.

But it’s not the same for everyone is it. They are all different fixtures. Your right about the rules at the start of the seaso though 

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

14 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Robin why ?

Not seeming to answer for Robin, but my take on it as I think would be Robin's from his previous comments, being in SL and let's be real about this in the natural order of club's neither of Fev or Leigh are going to enter the big boys club of the top 6 richest, wealthiest and best supported, so we will almost certainly be a bottom 6 SL club - maybe a "purple patch" of a season will come about once every blue moon but that will not be the norm 

So in a system that does not have relegation and something to fight for and make games interesting in the sense that they have a competitive meaning instead of the result doesn't matter, I would not want to be a part of that, I would sooner be relegated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not seeming to answer for Robin, but my take on it as I think would be Robin's from his previous comments, being in SL and let's be real about this in the natural order of club's neither of Fev or Leigh are going to enter the big boys club of the top 6 richest, wealthiest and best supported, so we will almost certainly be a bottom 6 SL club - maybe a "purple patch" of a season will come about once every blue moon but that will not be the norm 

So in a system that does not have relegation and something to fight for and make games interesting in the sense that they have a competitive meaning instead of the result doesn't matter, I would not want to be a part of that, I would sooner be relegated.

Pretty much this.

Licencing returns and that'll be time for me to go away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Pretty much this.

Do't be silly ROBIN  I too think licensing is abhorrent but  I could never walk away from watching FEV  no matter what league they were in 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robin Evans said:

Pretty much this.

Licencing returns and it won't only be just us two Robin, many many more will be of the same mindset, not only fans also those guys who have ambition and finance their club's  If SL decides to go down this route again it will be akin to driving in a couple of nails in a coffin lid of the professional game of Rugby League in this country, it will be the start of a downward spiral.

• Like 2

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Licencing returns and it won't only be just us two Robin, many many more will be of the same mindset, not only fans also those guys who have ambition and finance their club's  If SL decides to go down this route again it will be akin to driving in a couple of nails in a coffin lid of the professional game of Rugby League in this country, it will be the start of a downward spiral.

I don't want to take this down yet another licencing debate route. That's been done to death. Its something I fundamentally disagree with so can't/won't support the concept. Other opinions are valid.

Back to the bash now

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You may not protest Roadie, but many will.

But I will protest H remember the merger fiasco but this is more about my love of all things FEV I just can't walk away from them

On 29/01/2022 at 09:43, POR said:

But I will protest H remember the merger fiasco but this is more about my love of all things FEV I just can't walk away from them

Very understandable Roadie, I have been a regular at Leigh since the very early 60's, and supported the club through many more downs than ups, but my grievance would not be with the club it would be the system I would be objecting to.

• Confused 1

• 3 months later...

Fev launch summer bash kit to support Help for Heroes. 

• Haha 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Fev launch summer bash kit to support Help for Heroes. 

It's cacky , sorry kahki 

No , I was right the first time 😉

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is this some kind of ploy that Fev cannot be seen at the bash by running around in a Camouflage kit?

It'll work when they're on the floor Harry 😉

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Is this some kind of ploy that Fev cannot be seen at the bash by running around in a Camouflage kit?

Wait till you see our dual gold and silver leopard print shirt Harry ? 😉

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Designed by DJB I suppose🤫

Really shiney highly reflective material , ' dazzling ' in fact , especially when it goes dark and the lights come on 😉

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

That’s pretty awful 

FEV fans couldn't care less what anybody thinks NOBODY including FEV fans  have to like it just appreciate the reason behind it

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, POR said:

FEV fans couldn't care less what anybody thinks NOBODY including FEV fans  have to like it just appreciate the reason behind it

Fev fans will need to like it if the club are to sell any and generate some money for their chosen charity. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Fev fans will need to like it if the club are to sell any and generate some money for their chosen charity. 

NOT really my m8 not a fan but bought one and

Featherstone Rovers

@FevRoversRLFC

𝙎𝘼𝙇𝙐𝙏𝙀 𝙏𝙊 𝙎𝙀𝙍𝙑𝙄𝘾𝙀 Wow! Half of these limited number of shirts have already sold. 

• Like 1

I really don’t understand clubs thinking behind these god awful charity shirt designs when they are most in the spotlight,you see it every year at Magic round & now the summer bash,it’s as if you aren’t allowed to design an attractive looking shirt to support charity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, POR said:

If intention is to raise money then it generally helps to offer something that fans like and want to buy.

• Like 2