Jump to content

Summer Bash


Recommended Posts

Betfred Championship Summer Bash 2022 – Headingley Stadium, July 30-31 

Saturday July 30 

London Broncos v Sheffield Eagles 

Batley Bulldogs v Dewsbury Rams 

Bradford Bulls v Halifax Panthers 

Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions 

Sunday July 31 

Barrow Raiders v Widnes Vikings 

Whitehaven v Workington Town 

Newcastle Thunder v York City Knights 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Headingley on a Saturday? Beats the sheeite out of Blackpool for me. 

Seems an obvious choice considering the locality of a lot of the club's to Headingley.

I may just miss the bash this year and sit at home and watch.

Edited by Harry Stottle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Very happy with the draw and given the set up on Saturday I may actually stay for the last game for a change.

That was always going to be the draw BO

the RFL  first  pick genuine derby's

Batley Bulldogs v Dewsbury Rams 

 Whitehaven v Workington Town 

then  they  pick what they think are derby's 

west yorkshire Bradford Bulls v Halifax Panthers 

lancashjre Barrow Raiders v Widnes Vikings 

Next come the big city rivals

Newcastle Thunder v York City Knights 

followed by  the alleged best two in the division 

Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions 

and then finally whats left

London Broncos v Sheffield Eagles 

🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, POR said:

pick what they think are derby's 

west yorkshire Bradford Bulls v Halifax Panthers 

lancashjre Barrow Raiders v Widnes Vikings 

There's a bit of poetic licence in that me thinks Roadie, Widnes to Barrow is 107 miles, York for is 14 miles closer to Widnes!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Fixtures seem a bit imbalanced.

All 5 West Yorkshire clubs on Day 1.

Only York within an hour on Day 2.

While I get it on one hand, the Saturday should be a very good crowd, on the other, Sunday’s attendance looks like it could be really low. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

Some great boozers in Headingley and it 45 mins on the train.

Perfect location for me to go and watch our usual hammering at the hands of Leigh.

Yep, doubt that will change this year😜, albeit I expect you to win in 2 weeks time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

There's a bit of poetic licence in that me thinks Roadie, Widnes to Barrow is 107 miles, York for is 14 miles closer to Widnes!

perhaps H but both barrow and widnes are both Historically in Lancashire, while york is in gods own county however that's why I said pick what they think are derby's 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

There's a bit of poetic licence in that me thinks Roadie, Widnes to Barrow is 107 miles, York for is 14 miles closer to Widnes!

And neither are in Lancashire 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

And neither are in Lancashire 

It's the classic 'towns which historically were in Lancashire, and still are according to old blokes who attach too much significance to such things, but are now in formerly adjacent counties which existed previously but with very different boundaries' derby. I can't wait.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

It's the classic 'towns which historically were in Lancashire, and still are according to old blokes who attach too much significance to such things, but are now in formerly adjacent counties which existed previously but with very different boundaries' derby. I can't wait.

Catchy!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Gonna be a good day out down the Orginal Oak and the Skyrack folks 👍

The Original Oak was stuff of legend when I lived in nearish Kirkstall while studying in Leeds for a year.

Was a long time ago now, but I always enjoyed it when doing stuff around Headingley.

Hopefully still has a good size beer garden.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

The Original Oak was stuff of legend when I lived in nearish Kirkstall while studying in Leeds for a year.

Was a long time ago now, but I always enjoyed it when doing stuff around Headingley.

Hopefully still has a good size beer garden.

Last time I went up yonder the pubs were just about empty. The coffee bars however, were rammed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...