Stadium updates .......

17 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Just an update on the voting and shares question I raised via the csv website and subsequent answer that I received that everything was 50/50 between the reds and town. Quite remarkably this info has now been updated on companies house to reflect that in a matter of days. Hopefully all other questions and queries are dealt with in the same quick manner. 

I work with someone who submitted a few questions and is still waiting for a response, I'm guessing it will be around a week or more now.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, rockerlad said:

the people of allerdale rejected the last stadium that's a fact, the independents and tories ran a campaign on cancelling the stadium if they got elected and the people of allerdale elected them and the stadium was cancelled. 

That's not an accurate statement really, MJ was voted in 3rd at Seaton (I think), and basically railroaded the meeting that put the kibosh on the original plans. The overall vote turnout in the area was poor. What was being attempted by the previous council was to drag the facilities for sport up to modern standards. It says a lot that they are desperate now to secure the ranch to play football on when it had better facilities 30 years ago (when I played cricket on it). Personally I'm still waiting for the delivery of what was promised and sincerely hope we have new facilities for all. 🙏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Number8 said:

That's not an accurate statement really, MJ was voted in 3rd at Seaton (I think), and basically railroaded the meeting that put the kibosh on the original plans. The overall vote turnout in the area was poor. What was being attempted by the previous council was to drag the facilities for sport up to modern standards. It says a lot that they are desperate now to secure the ranch to play football on when it had better facilities 30 years ago (when I played cricket on it). Personally I'm still waiting for the delivery of what was promised and sincerely hope we have new facilities for all. 🙏

Depends who you believe on that one, the tories claim the labour ran town council are stalling on the purchase of the ranch, who do you believe? because all parties are full of liars.

28 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

Depends who you believe on that one, the tories claim the labour ran town council are stalling on the purchase of the ranch, who do you believe? because all parties are full of liars.

Agreed, my point is the current regime seem keen on an area that has no amenities whatsoever when common sense should dictate the sports village would accommodate all the teams as the initial proposal had identified, with additional all weather facilities. 

• Like 1

surely it would make more sense to try and get the new council to borrow additional money which they would then loan to the stadium management company and put a legal charge onto the stadium to protect the rate payers.

The Council would get a better rate of interest as I doubt the clubs would be able to borrow those sums of money.

If the loan payments cost slightly less than the current stadium repair costs that would surely work for both clubs as they are finding the money now for repairs.

A new stadium would bring in non-matchday revenue, a half-cooked stadium won't !! 

On 11/02/2023 at 15:37, The Voodooguru said:

Well that's my worst fears just about realised. Reds stay in their ground and get a shiny new stand and Town give up their ground to move into a substandard arena with little prospect of all the phases being completed in any reasonable timescale. Are we really going to inspire generations to come in a half done ground. Even if DP was sold for a million where is the other 2m coming from when the two clubs sitting as tennants are hardly wealthy enough to stay afloat let alone fund millions in ground improvements? Plus a big main stand will hardly be viable as it is so close to the road, so elevated seats must be hard to achieve on the footprint available. 

Remember BP is far older than DP so if what you say above is correct - then only 1/4 of the stadium will really be new as the other 3 sides are far older than DP if not renewed! and dont forget the short pitch. If you score a try under sticks at DP you have to catch a bus to crash into railings - quite a long run off area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/02/2023 at 20:26, silverfox said:

My biggest concern,  if the stadium isn't moved further from the road , is the safety of cars going passed .People walking passed .say a young Mam is pushing a pram on the pavement   and the ball goes over  the roof when a player is kicking it into touch .the ball  .hits someone and knocks them into the road, or even landing in the pram .God forbid this doesn't happen . But it could . So I think the developers have got to take this into consideration. People might say Town and the Reds shared BP years ago with no problem .  But there wasn't the amount of traffic that goes passed that ground , as there does now. So the risk of this happening  is far greater .Would you like to take that responsibility of developing the stadium  if something  tragic  happened     I Wouldn't  . If its built on the BP footprint

I have a feeling , cant quite remember but i think reds had a proper stand like DP with proper high level seating - not the modern low level ##### - so that would stop it being a problem and the balls were leather , wet and heavy etc.

On 12/02/2023 at 15:08, The Voodooguru said:

I agree the BOD need to address this and give people who have spent thousands of pounds supporting the club some reassurances they are not allowing the club to be sold down the river and actually have had a say in all this.

I fully understand and support the principle of the new stadium, but I don't support moving into a polished tuurrd, with little prospect of the remaining phases being realised.

The reds must think all their Christmas' have came at once, they get a new pitch, a new stand, a training pitch for all their various teams to play on, and they get to halve future expenses and maintenance costs. 

I think if we are forced to move into BP then we should insist on it being renamed polished tuurrd.

• Confused 1

As an update, my workmate who watches both reds & Town occasionally and is fairly neutral asked some questions of the new stadium on the website as I think he sees himself as a moderator for my knee jerk reactions. They have replied and although he won't forward me the email the replies are roughly as follows from memory.

On the question of if the stadium will be stuck at phase 1 and will never see phase 2 & 3. They say they fully intend to see all phases completed and this will be funded by the ESG ( environmental offsetting) they are very confident this will happen. My mate asked the question if there had been any commitments on this front but this wasn't addressed and neither were any timescales. 

He asked about the reusing of the terracing and if it was just a stadium refurbishment. They said they wouldn't knock anything down they didn't need to, and cost would be a factor, think they also said it would be something that the clubs and architects would work through. So although there wasn't clear answer they pointed out the development of Lonsdale Park along with the stadium, which I took that it is essentially a redevelopment of Borough Park for the stadium footprint. A few of us who read the reply all took it this way.

It was a decent enough reply and as I thought they  kept their cards close to their chest on the contentious issues. As a new found pessimist on the stadium it didn't ease any of my fears. But fair play that they did reply. 

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Don't know who's doing the replying on the website. But one thing's for sure Town Directors are not replying to anyone!

Total silence on what they asked for,what they think of the current proposals, what they intend to do about the sale of DPk land, what they are going to do about making the new stadium as good as possible for rugby as well as football.

When the financial hit the fan and the BOD needed our support and help, they promised better and more regular communication with us. But seems like Tory Ministers..  . keep the plebs pacified,say one thing, do another.

17 minutes ago, Rex3 said:

Don't know who's doing the replying on the website. But one thing's for sure Town Directors are not replying to anyone!

Total silence on what they asked for,what they think of the current proposals, what they intend to do about the sale of DPk land, what they are going to do about making the new stadium as good as possible for rugby as well as football.

When the financial hit the fan and the BOD needed our support and help, they promised better and more regular communication with us. But seems like Tory Ministers..  . keep the plebs pacified,say one thing, do another.

Focus on your own club.  How many directors have you got left, is it 0?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Townie987 said:

Focus on your own club.  How many directors have you got left, is it 0?

Have they all binned them off now, I guess that either means its a sinking ship or some other money men are looking to take over a club in massive debt who are getting at best half the attendances they need to break even.

1 hour ago, Bearintown said:

Do Town still own the DP lease? Rumours were they had already given it up. Anyone know-for sure

It was reported back in 2019 that town received £77,000  for the lease which seems low as they had previously received £140,000 for the training pitch about 5 years earlier. Alongside the massive cuts in funding from the rfl it is no wonder that the club are keen to push on with the stadium 

11 minutes ago, Route66 said:

It was reported back in 2019 that town received £77,000  for the lease which seems low as they had previously received £140,000 for the training pitch about 5 years earlier. Alongside the massive cuts in funding from the rfl it is no wonder that the club are keen to push on with the stadium 

Was the 77k not a payment towards doing DP pitch up [whilst we played a few games at BP] so it was ready for both teams to play on whilst the new proper stadium was going to be built back in the day before Mr Creosote stopped it. As it was mentioned around that time and Town were to surrender the lease when the stadium was built?

3 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Was the 77k not a payment towards doing DP pitch up [whilst we played a few games at BP] so it was ready for both teams to play on whilst the new proper stadium was going to be built back in the day before Mr Creosote stopped it. As it was mentioned around that time and Town were to surrender the lease when the stadium was built?

As usual the report on the Cumbria crack site back then was open to interpretation, it can still be read online but with my computer skills am unable to share it

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Jacksonville said:

Sorry, l thought something was to be on at the Carnegie this month so l looked on Reds' website but l was looking at last year's announcement.

But there was a feedback session by Dave Bowden in Tony Hopper Bar at B Pk.

Did anyone on here go?

Better still we have been waiting a long time for a promised feedback event at D Pk! Come on Town Stadium Reps... it's about time you organised this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rex3 said:

But there was a feedback session by Dave Bowden in Tony Hopper Bar at B Pk.

Did anyone on here go?

Better still we have been waiting a long time for a promised feedback event at D Pk! Come on Town Stadium Reps... it's about time you organised this.

when was this feedback session?

• 3 weeks later...