Stadium updates .......

16 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

So at worst you’ll gain a modern grandstand that might well attract new fans & sponsorship opportunities & lose 1 old covered terrace & upset a few old boys who insist on standing on the same bit of crumbling terrace they’ve stood on for 40 yrs.

You do realise the RL club are moving to the reds ground dont you? - so no Town fans will have stood in "the same bit of crumbling terrace they have stood on for 40 years" at that ground....

As I said in my previous post - All that happens is Reds get a new main stand in place of what's there at the moment.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

You do realise the RL club are moving to the reds ground dont you? - so no Town fans will have stood in "the same bit of crumbling terrace they have stood on for 40 years" at that ground....

As I said in my previous post - All that happens is Reds get a new main stand in place of what's there at the moment.

Try reading my post & come back with a post that makes sense old lad.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

It was hard going first time lad, can't face it again...

And yet you stalk my profile page daily to see what I’ve posted so you can then attach your silly confused emoji on every one,so your either lonely or have dyslexia or maybe both,I almost feel sorry for you lad,Almost.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

And yet you stalk my profile page daily to see what I’ve posted so you can then attach your silly confused emoji on every one,so your either lonely or have dyslexia or maybe both,I almost feel sorry for you lad,Almost.

Is this all because I asked you not to keep sending me emails with your personal comments on though Total RL? It was getting quite scary.

Anyway, let's leave that unsavoury behaviour behindand get back on topic - if it is a single stand on BP its almost like Town are giving up a lot more than the Reds - surely a covered standing terrace opposite wouldn't cost £millions. If all the money goes on one stand just hope Town can maximise the commercial side of it - bar, function rooms and Shop (shared with Reds would be the way to go).

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

Luddites talking absolute nonsense as usual I see, at no point has anyone said the pitch will be small. 

Looking from the outside what is baffling is posters whinging about the lack of information (understandable) but then putting their own negative narrative on that same lack of information to justify staying at DP.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Is this all because I asked you not to keep sending me emails with your personal comments on though Total RL? It was getting quite scary.

Anyway, let's leave that unsavoury behaviour behindand get back on topic - if it is a single stand on BP its almost like Town are giving up a lot more than the Reds - surely a covered standing terrace opposite wouldn't cost £millions. If all the money goes on one stand just hope Town can maximise the commercial side of it - bar, function rooms and Shop (shared with Reds would be the way to go).

Oh you mean the one PM I sent to ask why you were continually stalking my profile & posts.

I see your not denying it,good lad.

On topic,IF they only build 1 stand,so you don’t know that’s the final design then & what are Town really giving up ? An aging stadium that costs tens of thousands to maintain every year and has limited attraction for new fans/sponsors.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Oh you mean the one PM I sent to ask why you were continually stalking my profile & posts.

I see your not denying it,good lad.

On topic,IF they only build 1 stand,so you don’t know that’s the final design then & what are Town really giving up ? An aging stadium that costs tens of thousands to maintain every year and has limited attraction for new fans/sponsors.

The one stand crack is from Derwent Parker Post on here marra - keep up - feel free to take it up with him.

No more PMs please - all a bit odd marra.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

The one stand crack is from Derwent Parker Post on here marra - keep up - feel free to take it up with him.

No more PMs please - all a bit odd marra.

It isn't just Crack - its current facts until they are superseded- We have had no plans etc, shown from those in charge mess'rs Bowden and pleasance etc]  the only things written down are on Allerdale website and that is Fact.

It may change in future but up until then that is all that as been disclosed. the rest is just opinion and hearsay.

I have not made it up - check for yourselves .

If Allerdale are wrong and the powers that be have better plans - then why hide them away.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

The last crack I heard, and can I just stress it was 3rd hand via a councillor, was that there was enough money to start the project and build a new modern all seater main stand and some covered  terracing on the opposite side with both ends to remain undeveloped until further funding could be found.

they also had the idea to build and develop a fan zone behind one of the open ends.

there’s no point arguing with each other on here until there are some concrete proposals to consider.

i’m sure there’s all kinds of discussions taking place, so as frustrating as it is we all need to be patient and hopefully they’ll be a press release in the next few weeks 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

The last crack I heard, and can I just stress it was 3rd hand via a councillor, was that there was enough money to start the project and build a new modern all seater main stand and some covered  terracing on the opposite side with both ends to remain undeveloped until further funding could be found.

they also had the idea to build and develop a fan zone behind one of the open ends.

there’s no point arguing with each other on here until there are some concrete proposals to consider.

i’m sure there’s all kinds of discussions taking place, so as frustrating as it is we all need to be patient and hopefully they’ll be a press release in the next few weeks 

That would be a good outcome for Town surely.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, town blue said:

Can someone remind me why the cloffocks site was preferred over Derwent Park, it is that long ago since the original proposal. Could it have something to do with the proposed development of a new supermarket?

There was a full site survey done on both sites for the original stadium proposal and Borough park/Lonsdale park site was picked as the most suitable.

always found that quite strange, but there would be issues on the DP site as there’s a huge wastewater sewer pipe that runs under the grandstand linking to the farm at Siddick and then onto Maryport, plus there could be other issues that we aren’t aware of

Edited by Death to the Rah Rah's

3 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

That would be a good outcome for Town surely.

Well You would hope so, I think Mark Jenkinson’s issue is that the money currently on the table would build a complete stadium very similar to the one that Salford FC play in as it’s a prefab and comes ready assembled.

wouldn’t be my preference but we will have to wait and see what transpired over the next few weeks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Well You would hope so, I think Mark Jenkinson’s issue is that the money currently on the table would build a complete stadium very similar to the one that Salford FC play in as it’s a prefab and comes ready assembled.

wouldn’t be my preference but we will have to wait and see what transpired over the next few weeks

We have been waiting for ages and nothing as been forthcoming - sounds dodgy to me.

As someone said earlier its all about getting reds a new stand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

The Peninsula stadium isn’t great to be honest,you’d be better off with the 2 sided ground with a bigger main stand you quoted in your earlier post.

12 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

Complete Stadium ???????????????????  in lego

18 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

There was a full site survey done on both sites for the original stadium proposal and Borough park/Lonsdale park site was picked as the most suitable.

always found that quite strange, but there would be issues on the DP site as there’s a huge wastewater sewer pipe that runs under the grandstand linking to the farm at Siddick and then onto Maryport, plus there could be other issues that we aren’t aware of

The ground below Derwent Park is pretty poor, the piling and ground works would cost a hell of a lot to get ready to even begin building a stadium. That's money that doesn't need spent on Borough Park. 

43 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

"Some covered terracing "- If you are supposed to be upgrading you should build better, as most teams are - but in case of reds and Town we dont just build better than what reds have we also build better than what Town have.

1 new stand and 3 open ends is better than what reds have but not Town.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Derwent Parker said:

"Some covered terracing "- If you are supposed to be upgrading you should build better, as most teams are - but in case of reds and Town we dont just build better than what reds have we also build better than what Town have.

You must attend games with your eyes closed as both grounds are in a similar run down state, Town still have the main grandstand but they’ll come a point in the very near future when the steel work for the roof will fail and at that point the grandstand will be closed for good.

The terracing at the town end is in a poor state of repair, the facilities at the ground are 3rd rate at best. 

the Reds have decent terracing but that’s about it, no main grandstand and poor changing and hospitality facilities, with nothing at either ground to entice anything other than hard core supporters.

the directors of both clubs accept this is their one and only opportunity to get a modern stadium, one that’s vital for non match day income streams.

They have a limited budget and the chances are no additional cash at this point to top it up, so we are where we are, either get behind it or accept that within the next few years they’ll be no professional sport in the town.

6 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

So a stadium with an unusable grass bank & an open terrace miles from the pitch is better than a 2 sided stadium with a modern main stand is it ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I thought the plans involved turning the pitch 90 degrees,so it’s doubtful they’d have the exact same pitch dimensions & impossible to have those same railings.

Bus shelter,I’m sure a modern grandstand with corporate & community facilities will count for more than an extra non covered end if that’s what is built,especially as one of DP’s 2 ends is an unusable grass bank.

this is why we need an update from the people heading the project to stop all these rumours. The town chairman has already come out and said this is needed for Workington town to process and hes on the board of the new stadium project 

• Like 1