York City Knights

Cumberland Sausage

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some really poor defensive efforts there , just folding under pressure and giving up really poor tries . Then you’re out of it before you’re in it . A bit of fight but we’re just not good enough 

Well I'm pleased whatever Chris said at half time got them going a bit, the first have was the usual passive rugby paying the opposition too much respect. At least we had a go in the second half. 

Our defence is terrible at times, it must be so easy for opposition coaches, just run hard and straight at their line. Also what's the point of subs if you're not gonna play them? Hutchins gets 10mins at the end even though we were struggling with injuries, did singleton even get on as im sure he was announced on the tannoy?

On the positive side, Matty took his tries well,  tried kicking to young and got a repeat set on the first attempt, and we had a bit of a go second half.  That's it. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

7 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Well I'm pleased whatever Chris said at half time got them going a bit, the first have was the usual passive rugby paying the opposition too much respect. At least we had a go in the second half. 

Our defence is terrible at times, it must be so easy for opposition coaches, just run hard and straight at their line. Also what's the point of subs if you're not gonna play them? Hutchins gets 10mins at the end even though we were struggling with injuries, did singleton even get on as im sure he was announced on the tannoy?

On the positive side, Matty took his tries well,  tried kicking to young and got a repeat set on the first attempt, and we had a bit of a go second half.  That's it. 

3 of those last 4 tries were due to shocking defence, we got back in the game and then just surrendered.  Another ###### afternoon, I'm so pleased we don't have a game next week 🙈 UTT.

I’m sorry but if anyone else but Thorman was in charge we’d be saying we are badly coached. Tactically inept, no game plan, defensively awful and there’s been absolutely no improvement since the season started. But for some reason I can’t fathom he constantly gets a free pass on here.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

We’re looking pretty busted as well . Cus went off , incredibly came back on . Same with Simons . Connor  tried to put a shot on and got sickened - I really feel for him in this side , and Barnes got a whack after another of Forbers ace passes to him . We’re obviously doing it tough , yet Hutchings came on after 69 minutes ? And Perry must have been making the numbers up . Henson is a shining light who actually goes direct . Defensively twice Harris dummied through , once Thompson just ran at the line and once we didn’t knock a kick dead - there’s 22 for starters . And apart from a brief spark our attack is the same plays over and over again . And it’s a broken record now but we’re just totally and completely outmuscled 

Another hard watch, poor first half but started well in second only to lose our way again, our defense down both outside channels was abysmal, dont want to pick on individual players, but, you have to question recruitment of the travelling players, they offer nothing at this level that i can see, better players have left!

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

We’re looking pretty busted as well . Cus went off , incredibly came back on . Same with Simons . Connor  tried to put a shot on and got sickened - I really feel for him in this side , and Barnes got a whack after another of Forbers ace passes to him . We’re obviously doing it tough , yet Hutchings came on after 69 minutes ? And Perry must have been making the numbers up . Henson is a shining light who actually goes direct . Defensively twice Harris dummied through , once Thompson just ran at the line and once we didn’t knock a kick dead - there’s 22 for starters . And apart from a brief spark our attack is the same plays over and over again . And it’s a broken record now but we’re just totally and completely outmuscled 

The thing is we don’t even try to mitigate the lack of size by using lateral movement to tire their big guys out. We just run right at them and hope instead of moving the ball back and forth across the field. Nobody has the savvy to think well we can’t outmuscle them so let’s try and outmanoeuvre them instead.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Apart from the obvious there were a few little things (little things can have a big impact)that annoyed me today.

1. Pauli Pauli had been on the field for 10 minutes so he was obviously knackered, he was actually leaning on the post. Why didn't we give it to somebody nippy like Doran , Henson or even Forber to run at him while he was isolated? Certain try.

2. When you're defending a scrum it's so important that the loose forward scoots out of the back of the scrum to make up the extra man , so why was Mal there? It needed somebody quick like Simons. Result ..a try.

3. Rotating forwards is so important so why did we play 70 minutes with 16 men, only bringing one of our best forwards on with 10 minutes to go? 

Sorry I've just realised Pez didn't come on so that should read 15 men!!

We seem to have the uncanny knack of making everybody we play against look good. When we got a bit of momentum in that 2nd half and got back into it we immediately fail to get a kick away on the 5th tackle and then give a needless penalty away taking out a chaser and then for a triple whammy we put the kick off out on the full. From being in the game we are dead and buried again when a little bit of game management would have kept us in the game. Some of the defence was worse than woeful. Not sure what was wrong with Pez but if he was just making the numbers up surely putting somebody on the bench who could at least have played would have been better. 

10 minutes ago, Derwent said:

The thing is we don’t even try to mitigate the lack of size by using lateral movement to tire their big guys out. We just run right at them and hope instead of moving the ball back and forth across the field. Nobody has the savvy to think well we can’t outmuscle them so let’s try and outmanoeuvre them instead.

And if we do it’s slow and predictable … shift , shift to the man next to you . And being outmuscled it’s often a really slow ruck as we’re on our back . The fall back is often just one up charges . It’s to often very easy to defend against us . Near the line we don’t seem to know what we’re doing . Henson just took it on himself , and we had a nice break . What do we create near the line ? One positive I noticed … Jordan Thomson offloaded in the 43rd minute ( I looked at the clock ) . I don’t care if he’s half fit , a guy like Pauli Pauli is priceless , and every single team we’ve faced has had guys like this . Which seemingly we didn’t need . I just still don’t get it . 

57 minutes ago, Arran Graham said:

Do you know what the attendance was today ? Don't understand the reluctance lately to publish it

We just don't see Town give the attendance these days........I'll get the League Express tomorrow to no doubt see the now usual Town match as  'attendance N/A'.............it's so very strange.

All the current team problems are there for the regular diehard fans to dwell on ...And most posts are quite accurate in their summaries of current problems..........The answers to these probs though are in the hands of those running the club....Surely something is gonna be done asap to halt both the scary scenario of relegation and the obvious absence of the lesser committed fans????

I was extra saddened today when the regulars I stand with on the Popular (LOL)side took off for home with about 15 minutes left on the clock......It seems such a far cry now from those singalong days of the play off victories.....come BOD etc. give us something to sing about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48 minutes ago, DavidM said:

And if we do it’s slow and predictable … shift , shift to the man next to you . And being outmuscled it’s often a really slow ruck as we’re on our back . The fall back is often just one up charges . It’s to often very easy to defend against us . Near the line we don’t seem to know what we’re doing . Henson just took it on himself , and we had a nice break . What do we create near the line ? One positive I noticed … Jordan Thomson offloaded in the 43rd minute ( I looked at the clock ) . I don’t care if he’s half fit , a guy like Pauli Pauli is priceless , and every single team we’ve faced has had guys like this . Which seemingly we didn’t need . I just still don’t get it . 

I'm so pleased I wasn't the only geek that noticed the time of our only offload David 🤣 When we are getting smashed up the middle & struggling to make yards every game, I really don't know (especially when you are chasing the game) why it isn't a thing for us. We need points, and we are not even dangerous in getting any up to press playing the same way every week. It can't be that hard to practice can it?  We can't defend for toffee so we have to take risks to score points. We also tried the high balls to big Alex in the first half, and they caused a bit of chaos for them. At least they were attacking kicks, just a bit more practice with the center backing up for a pat down or a clean catch by the defender and it will be a useful weapon. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

53 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I don’t care if he’s half fit , a guy like Pauli Pauli is priceless

Now now David that's different than your post about him mid-week.......................................but I agree a couple of similar heavyweights are an urgent need for Town.

Just home from the game more negatives than positives so the first half was a right off forwards just far to big and strong so gave the half's a platform to play off 2nd half came out with a different game and gave them a few issues which resulted in points in the club after the game I could probably say there was 5 town players made an appearance to 20+ York players which isn't acceptable yes there is a supporters lounge but you've also got to look at the loyal town fans who are sat in there watching the singer personally on a whole from today Chris thorman is the one with questions to be asked because the squad just isn't good enough and it was Chris that built it for this league 

Archived