Pearson still moaning... Meanwhile at hull kr

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Craven Park would struggle to fit Hull's fan base in alone. Of course, many would stay at home just because it's where it is, which would then defeat the point of a merger in that location.

This is the problem isn't it, there'd be no point in playing at Craven Park because so many people would stop going.

I will admit I would stop going because it is an absolute hole to get to at 7 in the evening midweek and even more difficult to get back from at 10 or so. From where I live it is at least a long walk to the closest bus stop and then 2 buses to Craven Park, taking over an hour to get there or 3 buses, probably taking even longer and costing a shed load more than it currently costs me to travel to the MKM. Also, and I dont mean to offend anyone, but I wouldn't want to be hanging round that area at a bus stop waiting for the last bus back at that time of night. 

Take that four nations game the other year (Aus v Scotland if I remember rightly) that was played at Craven Park on an evening. Only 5,000 or so people there even though the best players in the world were playing in one of the most RL mad cities in the world and that poor attendance was solely because of the difficulty of getting there. I didn't go to that but I would have gone if it had been at the MKM because the MKM is 1 bus to the interchange and a 10 minute stroll to the ground. 

1 hour ago, BJW said:

Does that mean that as land is so cheap there that Mr Pearson will be investing there for this new stadium he has mentioned?

Surprised if it was so cheap he hasn't already decided on a location for his club's new ground (should it ever be built!).

I wouldn't say investing in a stadium in deepest darkest East Hull would bea sound investment for a West Hull club.

It's not really surprising, is it.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

1 hour ago, BJW said:

Largest Hull FC crowd for 2022 (so far) has been announced as 10081. Current capacity at Hull KR ground is 12225 so around 80%, hardly a struggle. Plus hasn't there been an announcement about new stand being built at south end?

We've played 3 home games this year. Salford and Huddersfield don't bring many, and the Saints game was in a snow storm. 10k average is pretty good considering.

When we play the bigger teams in better weather, 12k will be clearly too small.

The South Stand is now the "Craven Street" food area isn't it?

15 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

They're the Kane to our Undertaker.

I think it's IRS we need to be worried about.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, The storm said:

The problem at hull is pearson 

The problem at leeds is hetherington 

It's amazing how quickly you disregard success as soon as you see a problem, or how quickly you disregard problems as soon as you see some success! Proper short-termer, you 😂

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

We've played 3 home games this year. Salford and Huddersfield don't bring many, and the Saints game was in a snow storm. 10k average is pretty good considering.

Yeah, so capacity is down to about 10500 I think.

Sharing a stadium would only viable in a more neutral area, and Hull KR are obviously investing heavily into theirs so not going to happen any time soon IMO.

Why did they move out of the Boulevard?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, bratman said:

Sharing a stadium would only viable in a more neutral area, and Hull KR are obviously investing heavily into theirs so not going to happen any time soon IMO.

That's in line with my thinking that the 12000 capacity quoted earlier in the thread must be out of date. Rovers used to send us around 1200 tickets for the southern terrace so your figure sounds about right.

Having stood in more traditional Craven Park Easter hailstorms than I care to remember it would be nice to see a stand go up at that end but that's firmly in believe it when I see it territory. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Why are we giving this drivel credence.

Its the just another beat up on one of the best supported RL clubs in the UK. 

Reeks of jealousy to me.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 minutes ago, Ullman said:

That's in line with my thinking that the 12000 capacity quoted earlier in the thread must be out of date. Rovers used to send us around 1200 tickets for the southern terrace so your figure sounds about right.

Having stood in more traditional Craven Park Easter hailstorms than I care to remember it would be nice to see a stand go up at that end but that's firmly in believe it when I see it territory. 

That would be great but extending the East Stand seems more sensible to me at the moment, get the capacity back up to about 12k for a much smaller cost. Both would be better 🙂 Anyway, off topic haha

3 minutes ago, bratman said:

That would be great but extending the East Stand seems more sensible to me at the moment, get the capacity back up to about 12k for a much smaller cost. Both would be better 🙂 Anyway, off topic haha

Hudgell's not daft. I can't see them spending the money it would cost just so we Hull fans had a better view under cover once a year. Having said that he has been very creative when it comes to funding the development of the ground so you never know.

As for being off topic, the thread title contains "Meanwhile at hull kr (sic)" so not really.

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I wouldn't say investing in a stadium in deepest darkest East Hull would bea sound investment for a West Hull club.

It's not really surprising, is it.

Maybe once Hull FC were an exclusively west Hull club but how many of their supporters today live on the likes of Bransholme, Sutton Park etc?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

3 hours ago, bratman said:

Took the 12225 number from Wikipedia and Thestadiumbusiness so apologies if they are incorrect.

All Pearsons has done is tell the truth. Things have been rough and because of the situation at the stadium it has hit Hull harder than most.

Rover's have done well out of the council more than their own acumen. Hull also did well from the council but the current situation is a combination of circumstances that could not have been reasonably foreseen except no doubt by several HKR  experts posting on here

12 minutes ago, BJW said:

Took the 12225 number from Wikipedia and Thestadiumbusiness so apologies if they are incorrect.

The capacity is a bit below that at the moment as the south stand is closed and is being used as a pre and post-match entertainment area. Bands, food, drink etc.

15 minutes ago, super major said:

All Pearsons has done is tell the truth. Things have been rough and because of the situation at the stadium it has hit Hull harder than most.

Rover's have done well out of the council more than their own acumen. Hull also did well from the council but the current situation is a combination of circumstances that could not have been reasonably foreseen except no doubt by several HKR  experts posting on here

Absolutely!

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

45 minutes ago, super major said:

I suggest he has a strong word with the person who negotiated the deal they currently have in place! 😉

5 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Hull fans live in cloud cuckoo land

Big empty stadium that they dont own whereas the robins are sold out

1 minute ago, The storm said:

Hull fans live in cloud cuckoo land

Big empty stadium that they dont own whereas the robins are sold out

Perfect evidence for my "DNFTT" post.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

9 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Craven Park would struggle to fit Hull's fan base in alone. Of course, many would stay at home just because it's where it is, which would then defeat the point of a merger in that location.

Oh I don’t know, a merger with a team playing out of Craven Park and all the FC fans staying at home sounds like a decent result to me 🤣🤣🤣

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

11 hours ago, yipyee said:

Maybe they could merge into a super club for the super league. 

This would always be contentious so maybe in 5 years when Hull fc are homeless this coming together could start with a ground share and take it from there.

Ground share at the very least seems the most sensible option 

Maybe Hull could merge with the Thunder club again? Bring back the Newcasheadull Thundersharks I say. When’s the march? Sign me up 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

Archived