Jump to content

Oldham v West Wales Raiders


Recommended Posts


Correction……just announced on website ….930 capacity including hospitality suites.

 

Diabolical….no information on the reason for this.  Continue to be kept in the dark.

 

I suppose we should expect that….the leadership has a track record of not paying much attention to supporters.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

Capacity is set at 920 including press and hospitality so really at less than 800. Sounds like no ambition at hornets

My correction was meant to be to my earlier e mail…..not yours sheddings. And you are right, its 920 not 930.

 

I need to get one of those computer thingies. Once we get lectric installed Ill be down the corner shop getting one.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A capacity of 920 sounds a bit sad.  This is a game that both clubs should be targeting for numbers through the gates.

  • Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

I think we all knew we would be in for ‘interesting times’ when mr mazey took over.

More information comes out of the Kremlin than from his office.

I thought Mazey was supposed to be the saviour. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re J Royales query about record winning margin - Sunday's 96 point difference equalled a 102-6 victory over WWR in July 2018 at the Vestacare. Incidently Martyn Ridyard's 14 goal haul equalled that of Bernard Ganley against Liverpool City in 1959 and was 1 more than Andy Ballard's 13 goal record for the "new club". Martyn's 32 points was however 2 behind the 34 points in a match record shared by Andy Ballard and Chris Baines.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jackie61 said:

Hi is it ticket only on good Friday? Or can you pay on the day?

According to the Oldham club website, tickets can be purchased at the stadium on the day, but there may be queue at the office as there are no longer cash turnstiles at the ground. With only a restricted area of the ground available, giving a capacity of just 920, for what has always been a popular Good Friday fixture, there could be none left after queuing.

In 2022, that's what you call progress!

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anita Bath said:

Its what you call embarrassing and unsustainable and both Hornets and the football club leadership remain silent on the matter.

https://roughyeds.co.uk/2022/04/letter-from-a-new-fan/

Compare the above to the letter on the Roughyeds' website. Credit to the Oldham club - it's early days and a long term process but people at all levels of the club are trying very, very hard. Well done, Oldham. Let's hope the efforts are matched on the pitch. 

 

Regarding the ticketing situation at Rochdale, I travel just under a 200 mile round trip to watch Oldham for a good number of games each season. I'm not going to risk not getting in, queueing up, missing some of the match, being crammed in, just because Hornets' management can't or won't get their act together. All fans, particularly the Rochdale fans, deserve better than this fiasco, especially on one of the biggest days of the local rugby league calendar. Who is is going to bring their kids to this? Which 'first-timers' or 'returnees' are going to be encouraged to come?  It's beyond a joke.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a disgrace. I know we like ribbing each other but the Good Friday derby is one of the highlights of the season for both clubs and the crowd shouldn't be limited for any reason.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's probably economics. Someone, a bean counter, has worked out that opening one stand, max capacity 920, will cost X. Opening 2 stands, max capacity 2,000 will cost more than 2X.  But the extra couple of hundred people may not generate income to cover the extra. However, negative image and feedback will cost much more. 🤔

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

It's probably economics. Someone, a bean counter, has worked out that opening one stand, max capacity 920, will cost X. Opening 2 stands, max capacity 2,000 will cost more than 2X.  But the extra couple of hundred people may not generate income to cover the extra. However, negative image and feedback will cost much more. 🤔

I think there is more too it than that. Lazey (oops, my typing is terrible)….has spoken about not wanting to air dirty laundry in public in relation to relations with the football club. 

Apologies to all yeds…everyone was looking forward to the return of the derby…and to be faced with this debacle.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

I think there is more too it than that. Lazey (oops, my typing is terrible)….has spoken about not wanting to air dirty laundry in public in relation to relations with the football club. 

Apologies to all yeds…everyone was looking forward to the return of the derby…and to be faced with this debacle.

Pretty disappointing really. These games whether at ours or yours are the games of the season. Not a PR masterstroke by Rochdale. As I said in a previous post I'm off to the standard cup final then home. Don't panic though because when you come to us you'll all be welcome for a good game and some good banter. And it'll probably be pay on the door as well. 👍 May the best team win come Friday (as long as its us) 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Dan Taye-Sinferno said:

Re J Royales query about record winning margin - Sunday's 96 point difference equalled a 102-6 victory over WWR in July 2018 at the Vestacare. Incidently Martyn Ridyard's 14 goal haul equalled that of Bernard Ganley against Liverpool City in 1959 and was 1 more than Andy Ballard's 13 goal record for the "new club". Martyn's 32 points was however 2 behind the 34 points in a match record shared by Andy Ballard and Chris Baines.

And Lewis Palfrey!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This does seem ridiculous. If you showed someone unconnected with either club a picture of the two grounds and asked them which one they thought would be able to offer more tickets come derby day they wouldn't believe the real answer would they? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They are able, just not willing.  The man treated swinton fans with contempt - it appears he might have brought the same attitude  to Spotland.  Its unfortunate that the football club board are keeping mum on this too. Nobody wins from turning away fans.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

They are able, just not willing.  The man treated swinton fans with contempt - it appears he might have brought the same attitude  to Spotland.  Its unfortunate that the football club board are keeping mum on this too. Nobody wins from turning away fans.

It’s a really strange situation, however, do you think it’s a case of Hornets not wanting publicly disclose an on going disagreement with the football club (and “washing their dirty laundry in public”, if you like), to prevent any further discourse between the two clubs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As every game passes with these restrictions on people become less likely to bother going. Once they findother things to do its difficult to get them back.

They might want to keep things under wraps but the the longer it goes on the more fans and money they lose.

They could announcewhat the facts of the matter are without engaging in mudslinging.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...