New Leeds Rhinos Coach

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Seems to be a fair number on social media:

He goes into a bit more detail on his last pod but I echo those sentiments myself.

Whilst some can be dismissed as shouty minorities  etc, they very often can represent a more extreme version of increasingly mainstream views. There's a large and growing number of Rhinos fans expressing these sorts of views now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

He goes into a bit more detail on his last pod but I echo those sentiments myself.

Whilst some can be dismissed as shouty minorities  etc, they very often can represent a more extreme version of increasingly mainstream views. There's a large and growing number of Rhinos fans expressing these sorts of views now.

As ive said before it’s getting more snd more toxic at every game, I’m not a fan of the chanting that went on (especially when actually winning) but fans are entitled to say what they like.

Its getting a bit witch hunty though now IMO.

I he doesn’t go now the next 3 games are huge for him. The league is actually really tight from 1 - 8 and there will be s lot of switching of positions in the next month.

On 08/04/2024 at 19:01, Wolford6 said:

As a Bulls fan, I think Rohan Smith is a fantastic coach and deserves a 5-year contract-extension.

But that wouldn't do your club any good .nice of you to honour the great Bramley legend by adopting his name by the way .Although Bramley did help you out on one of the other times you went bust 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

As ive said before it’s getting more snd more toxic at every game, I’m not a fan of the chanting that went on (especially when actually winning) but fans are entitled to say what they like.

Its getting a bit witch hunty though now IMO.

I he doesn’t go now the next 3 games are huge for him. The league is actually really tight from 1 - 8 and there will be s lot of switching of positions in the next month.

They have kept their powder dry and start of this season it was " he's now got the nucleus of the squad he wanted, no excuses now " 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

8 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

... Although Bramley did help you out on one of the other times you went bust 

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back.
Oscar Wilde

Genuine thanks anyway🙂

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

13 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

They have kept their powder dry and start of this season it was " he's now got the nucleus of the squad he wanted, no excuses now " 

But that logic means he’s had 9 games with his squad.

If Smith gets sacked that will be 4 coaches sacked mid season in 6 years at some point Leeds are going to have to stick with a plan through thick and thin or were in an endless cycle.

Theres no relegation battle to worry about this time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

If Smith gets sacked that will be 4 coaches sacked mid season in 6 years at some point Leeds are going to have to stick with a plan through thick and thin or were in an endless cycle.

As a Bulls fan, I can thoroughly recommend John Kear as his replacement.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I would suspect that most of those being noisy are those that questioned the appointment from the beginning before he arrived.  That noise influencing others now.

I guess my question to them would be:

Is the coach responsible for the good half's of exciting attacking play and excellent defence - I assume so.

is the coach responsible for the drop off and poor half's of performance in the games - I assume so.

In other words its a mixed bag, plaudits for the good displays surely, shake of the head for the rubbish parts.

Leeds are 2 points behind the teams currently getting the plaudits, and on same number as Huddersfield another getting strong endorsements and one they dominated in the first half other week - they of course dropped off with the injuries on the edge which Hudds exploited.  A game which to me showed lack of leadership on the pitch.

Yep, the performances have not been for a full 80 minutes. Although the only game I think they were well beaten over 80mins was the Warrington game, a team that did similar to Saints subsequently.

So as I say to-date a mixed bag, which many anticipated with a new spine.

Personally I wasn't expecting Leeds to be challenging top 4 this year but they would make the play-offs. 

So whilst no big fan I would be more patient given the above with an expectation we will get some 80 mins of good performance soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redjonn said:

I would suspect that most of those being noisy are those that questioned the appointment from the beginning before he arrived.  That noise influencing others now.

I guess my question to them would be:

Is the coach responsible for the good half's of exciting attacking play and excellent defence - I assume so.

is the coach responsible for the drop off and poor half's of performance in the games - I assume so.

In other words its a mixed bag, plaudits for the good displays surely, shake of the head for the rubbish parts.

Leeds are 2 points behind the teams currently getting the plaudits, and on same number as Huddersfield another getting strong endorsements and one they dominated in the first half other week - they of course dropped off with the injuries on the edge which Hudds exploited.  A game which to me showed lack of leadership on the pitch.

Yep, the performances have not been for a full 80 minutes. Although the only game I think they were well beaten over 80mins was the Warrington game, a team that did similar to Saints subsequently.

So as I say to-date a mixed bag, which many anticipated with a new spine.

Personally I wasn't expecting Leeds to be challenging top 4 this year but they would make the play-offs. 

So whilst no big fan I would be more patient given the above with an expectation we will get some 80 mins of good performance soon.

We’re probably one win short of where i thought we would be.

We have played some great stuff and some poor stuff, not dissimilar to quite a few teams.

If you listened to some fans youd think we were rock bottom 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

If there will have been four coaches sacked in six seasons then the problem isn't with the coaches but the person/people who appoints them.

To compete at the top it is obvious that quite a few of the Leeds players aren't good enough. It also seems that the coaches are not good enough so obviously their appointments are the problem more than the individuals themselves.