Bulldogs Loan Watch

Batley Bob

Think on if we'd played Sheffield when we were supposed to it is likely we'd have beaten them and be sitting pretty in fourth spot! I think Linners knows exactly what he's doing. Some people are never happy!

• Like 4

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, phildog said:

I just think that a squad is compiled for specific reasons ie injury and suspension cover then can't be used during those reasons.

Phil, could you explain this bit a little more please. I am not sure I understand your point here.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gittinsfan said:

I think we have been relatively lucky with injuries this season and last.What is our halfback cover for any long term injuries?

I reckon we are reasonably well covered, certainly considering our budget. We have 3 good HB's in Gilmore, White and Meadows. Hooley has played a bit at standoff, and if he was needed we have a few options to cover FB.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey the squad is getting smaller, just hope we don't starting getting injuries now. We are down to 22 now plus the loan outs, I wonder who will be next.

Good luck Jack.

Edited by RogerT

8 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Blimey the squad is getting smaller, just hope we don't starting getting injuries now. We are down to 22 now plus the loan outs, I wonder who will be next.

Good luck Jack.

You can only play 17… I expect to see Flynn return within the next few weeks 

I realise that and also 2 extra as water boys, the RFL ask for 21 to be named, here's hoping your right about Flynn.

• 2 weeks later...

And we're hearing nothing; except a few awkward rumours, about retentions, movers, incomers...we can't afford to wait til we're left with Hobson's choice. How many players have we loaned out in the past and brought back the following season? Browny for one; Flynn....do we expect to see Collinson back? I would hope so and Burton but others I doubt. With the exit rumours as well we need to be ahead of the game this time.

14 hours ago, phildog said:

And we're hearing nothing; except a few awkward rumours, about retentions, movers, incomers...we can't afford to wait til we're left with Hobson's choice. How many players have we loaned out in the past and brought back the following season? Browny for one; Flynn....do we expect to see Collinson back? I would hope so and Burton but others I doubt. With the exit rumours as well we need to be ahead of the game this time.

Are Championship clubs allowed to approach players at other clubs yet? I believe that the answer is "no" and, if so, how would you expect any news about "incomers"?

Similarly do you believe that the lack of announcements means that everyone is sitting on their hands?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

As I said BSJ there are already rumours permeating up here already so if player overtures aren't yet allowed OFFICIALLY then dirty tricks might be!

50 minutes ago, phildog said:

As I said BSJ there are already rumours permeating up here already so if player overtures aren't yet allowed OFFICIALLY then dirty tricks might be!

Maybe, but your complaint is about not hearing anything from the club. Do you see what I am getting at?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

What on earth are the board of directors thinking. Don't they know that Phildog has been supporting Batley for a thousand years So, he has earned the divine right to be personally informed of every player we, have signed, will sign, will not sign, have spoken to, have not spoken to. This as soon as we have done so. or, preferably even sooner.

He should also be told, who much we have offered, how much everybody else has offered and how much those who have not offered terms would offer if they felt like it. So that he can then broadcast it to our rivals and subsequently the whole world

In addition he should be informed of each players weight, height, inside leg measurement, hat size, penis length and sexual preference.

He should also be informed if any player farts in the dressing room or pinches another players wife's bottom. Or another players bottom for that matter.

Come on Kevin, get a grip

• Haha 1