Cup Final Tickets

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I think it’s those that stumped out £55+, either long ago or in recent weeks once the finalists become clear, in good faith that will be the annoyed people not other people getting free tickets. 

And I'm one of them, I paid over £150 for our tickets but it doesn't bother me as I was always going once my team got there, I have no problem with it, in fact if they now filled the stadium with freebies I'd still have no problem, rather have them there enjoying the day than not regardless of what they paid. 

• Like 3

Got to say, I bought my tickets for me and my son last august. I was prepared to pay the price for them so that I could have it in the diary and plan for it.. I couldn't give a rats whatsit that people may get tickets cheaper by waiting for a discount code... I needed to get them when i did and that was the price at the time.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, daz39 said:

why? if you see online there's a deal for free tickets and it worked why would you even think to stop and question if it's meant for you? 

generally if your not eligible for a code it won't let you use it, as I say the sellers have made a mistake not the buyers. 

Maybe it's just me, you'll see my initial posts on this assumed it would be for private groups. 

Once I'd looked and seen there was nothing from the RFL on it I'd have been very wary of using it. 

But as per my last couple of posts I'd have honoured any purchases and took it on the chin. 

1 minute ago, daz39 said:

And I'm one of them, I paid over £150 for our tickets but it doesn't bother me as I was always going once my team got there, I have no problem with it, in fact if they now filled the stadium with freebies I'd still have no problem, rather have them there enjoying the day than not regardless of what they paid. 

From comments on social media yesterday, your view on it puts you in the minority. Many, myself included, are not happy with freebies for all (I’ve no problems with discounts/freebies for schools, clubs, services etc). 

1 minute ago, RP London said:

Got to say, I bought my tickets for me and my son last august. I was prepared to pay the price for them so that I could have it in the diary and plan for it.. I couldn't give a rats whatsit that people may get tickets cheaper by waiting for a discount code... I needed to get them when i did and that was the price at the time.

Yes, it's always my approach. I can understand why people get peed off, but it doesn't bother me. 

The risk is it does just change behaviours and people quietly behind the scenes stop buying early. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, daz39 said:

And how many will now be cautious of using them if they can't be certain it's 'for them'? 

Just now, Jughead said:

That’s very true, there will be some who go that way now. 

I wouldn't use a code unless I knew the source (even just verbally). Particularly one that gave a 100% discount. 

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

From comments on social media yesterday, your view on it puts you in the minority. Many, myself included, are not happy with freebies for all (I’ve no problems with discounts/freebies for schools, clubs, services etc). 

But isnt that the point? they were'nt freebies for all they were free for a very small number of people. The code got leaked (yes I know they could have probably done this better but equally maybe there was a reason it was done by codes) and when they were able to they pulled the plug (I am assuming some phone calls had to be made to work out if the best way to deal with the issue, hence a slight delay). 

These things happen... they dealt with it and only a small number of people benefitted, but that in turn may make for a nicer atmosphere.. i'm not sure i really want people being told at the turnstiles they cannot get in and theyve spent all that money getting down to London to not be able to go.. I can only think that is going to end badly and I'm looking forward to fun day out without rowdy, annoyed people around the stadium

2 minutes ago, RP London said:

But isnt that the point? they were'nt freebies for all they were free for a very small number of people. The code got leaked (yes I know they could have probably done this better but equally maybe there was a reason it was done by codes) and when they were able to they pulled the plug (I am assuming some phone calls had to be made to work out if the best way to deal with the issue, hence a slight delay). 

These things happen... they dealt with it and only a small number of people benefitted, but that in turn may make for a nicer atmosphere.. i'm not sure i really want people being told at the turnstiles they cannot get in and theyve spent all that money getting down to London to not be able to go.. I can only think that is going to end badly and I'm looking forward to fun day out without rowdy, annoyed people around the stadium

I do find many RL fans have trouble just shrugging things off. I expect this minor issue to be quoted for years to come. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I do find many RL fans have trouble just shrugging things off. I expect this minor issue to be quoted for years to come. 

To the extent that, in years to come, at least 80% of the crowd will have got in for free.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, RP London said:

It depends how it’s done, for me. I’ve no problems with freebie/discount codes to certain groups, that’s perfectly fine. It’s when there’s pretty large discounts late on with no restrictions on who it’s aimed at (wasn’t there quite a big potential saving on offer on GroupOn for England v NZ at Anfield for example?) that wind me up. It’s a pretty terrible business model and it devalues the sport, the competition and the sides involved and it happens a bit too often, which has led to the cycle we’ve got ourselves in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RP London said:

So Fev fans then 😂

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It depends how it’s done, for me. I’ve no problems with freebie/discount codes to certain groups, that’s perfectly fine. It’s when there’s pretty large discounts late on with no restrictions on who it’s aimed at (wasn’t there quite a big potential saving on offer on GroupOn for England v NZ at Anfield for example?) that wind me up. It’s a pretty terrible business model and it devalues the sport, the competition and the sides involved and it happens a bit too often, which has led to the cycle we’ve got ourselves in. 

I think there have been around 3 or 4 higher profile 'panic' sales using these sites. 

The 4N final at Anfield I think is the one you refer to, 20% discounts. 

A pretty major one for the Catalans Cup Final too, but I think that came out as soon as the finalists were known. 

I agree with your approach, I suppose the problem is that sometimes these really are 'panic' sales as the risk of empty sections is very real! 

5 minutes ago, Jughead said:

yes, i agree, but that isnt the case here. 

22 minutes ago, RP London said:

They weren’t freebies for all but we have history of discounts for all late on, so it’s understandable that people got angry very quickly.

The code thing was an utter farce anyway. The way it was implemented and rolled out was amateurish at best. The way The RFL handled it doesn’t appear to be much better, with poorly worded statements laying the blame elsewhere. As Dave says, I suspect Warrington, especially, would have made a bit of a laugh and a joke about it and done something to appease their fans but also allowing access to those who had jumped on their error and if I’m honest, I think The RFL should have held their hands up, admitted it and allowed those ticket holders access for that reason but also the wasted man hours that would go into looking into who is and isn’t a service person or an NHS employee. Had they been transparent and genuine, I don’t think people would have been as bothered as some are/were. 

Edited by Jughead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jughead said:

They weren’t freebies for all but we have history of discounts for all late on, so it’s understandable that people got angry very quickly.

The code thing was an utter farce anyway. The way it was implemented and rolled out was amateurish at best. The way The RFL handled it doesn’t appear to be much better, with poorly worded statements laying the blame elsewhere. As Dave says, I suspect Warrington, especially, would have made a bit of a laugh and a joke about it and done something to appease their fans but also allowing access to those who had jumped on their error and if I’m honest, I think The RFL should have held their hands up, admitted it and allowed those ticket holders access for that reason but also the wasted man hours that would go into looking into who is and isn’t a service person or an NHS employee. Had they been transparent and genuine, I don’t think people would have been as bothered as some are/were. 

I get all that but everyone who got annoyed about it early on were wrong. 

The statements form Johnson on twitter were correct.. not necessarily wise but correct. 

I would honour the tickets, and the RFL may yet do that. 

We are very quick to criticism, but we are also very slow to admit, actually I got my knickers I a twist about nowt and if I had actually been patient then I wouldn't have got so het up.. and it seems to be a general trait in life, it just seems worse in the RL world where people seem to expect everything to be perfect and for no one to make mistakes, yet those same people have probably made about 5 that day already, they're just not going to admit to them. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

To be fair to him, he didn’t know it was meant for a particular group. He “bought” in good faith believing it was a genuine discount.

As everyone who bought one presumably did 

13 minutes ago, daz39 said:

As everyone who bought one presumably did 

'bought' is pushing it 😆

However irrespective of that it should be honoured as people may have made plans that have cost money. 

42 minutes ago, RP London said:

I get all that but everyone who got annoyed about it early on were wrong. 

The statements form Johnson on twitter were correct.. not necessarily wise but correct. 

I would honour the tickets, and the RFL may yet do that. 

We are very quick to criticism, but we are also very slow to admit, actually I got my knickers I a twist about nowt and if I had actually been patient then I wouldn't have got so het up.. and it seems to be a general trait in life, it just seems worse in the RL world where people seem to expect everything to be perfect and for no one to make mistakes, yet those same people have probably made about 5 that day already, they're just not going to admit to them. 

Interesting that it is Johnson once again with a statement and silence, yet again, from Rimmer

33 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Interesting that it is Johnson once again with a statement and silence, yet again, from Rimmer

Rimmer doesn't want to get front and centre of anything... runs scared.. but we'll see him if its a sell our and bigging everything up on the tele when they won't berate him 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

To be fair to him, he didn’t know it was meant for a particular group. He “bought” in good faith believing it was a genuine discount.

Discounts aren’t usually 100% either though tbf 😂 

• Like 1