Championship Disciplinary

12 minutes ago, Saint 1 said:

This feels ridiculously OTT to me. He's being punished for the effectiveness of the punch. Is that really more dangerous than a crusher tackle, a spear tackle or a shoulder charge to the head?

There were several punches - he went into beast mode hitting anything that moved near him

1 hour ago, Saint 1 said:

This feels ridiculously OTT to me. He's being punished for the effectiveness of the punch. Is that really more dangerous than a crusher tackle, a spear tackle or a shoulder charge to the head?

This. If the guy doesn't go down then the ban is a fraction of what he got.

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

If you go off what bans have been dished out before for punching, his actions are worse so the ban is worse - has anybody read the notes of the disciplinary yet?

They don't need to, they've made up their mind.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

A player missing 1/3rd of a season because of a brawl is way OTT in my opinion.

are the meeting notes available?

Thing is it was a one man brawl - he lashed out at any player that moved, for me he totally lost control

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Thing is it was a one man brawl - he lashed out at any player that moved, for me he totally lost control

If it was a one man brawl why has another ayer been banned for hitting him from behind?

ive no issue with a ban but 10 games is excessive for s player with no previous 

56 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

If it was a one man brawl why has another ayer been banned for hitting him from behind?

ive no issue with a ban but 10 games is excessive for s player with no previous 

His actions were excessive and cannot be defended. It is the worse case of punching to the head this season hence the longest ban. His behaviour was 100% unacceptable and indefensible. 

Edited by LeeF
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, LeeF said:

His actions were excessive and cannot be defended. It is the worse case of lunching to the head this season hence the longest ban. His behaviour was 100% unacceptable and indefensible. 

I’ve not defended it or said it’s acceptable 

2 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

This what the #BringBackTheBiff mob want? 🙂

It’s funny how we’ve gone from “Morgan Smithies should have been sent off” being shouted from the roof-tops to “Ten games? For that? Games gone soft” again inside 72 hours. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jughead said:

It’s funny how we’ve gone from “Morgan Smithies should have been sent off” being shouted from the roof-tops to “Ten games? For that? Games gone soft” again inside 72 hours. 

For some reason it seems that "punching" isn't seen as dangerous. No idea why.

17 minutes ago, Jughead said:

The two opinions don’t contradict each other though do they.

I don’t think the games gone soft, far from it, i just think 10 is too much, i was expecting 6-8 games.

• Like 1

Major false equivalency being made between being ten games for one offence and nothing on field for two offences.

There's a balance in between and this ban is miles out of kilter. Unfortunately the appeals process is now so deliberately broken that it's not even worth going down that route.