Championship Disciplinary

15 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

This feels ridiculously OTT to me. He's being punished for the effectiveness of the punch. Is that really more dangerous than a crusher tackle, a spear tackle or a shoulder charge to the head?

People have died due to effectiveness of a punch, just saying.

Edited by Harry Stottle

30 minutes ago, M j M said:

Major false equivalency being made between being ten games for one offence and nothing on field for two offences.

There's a balance in between and this ban is miles out of kilter. Unfortunately the appeals process is now so deliberately broken that it's not even worth going down that route.

I can’t think of any incidents where I’ve ever seen one player punch three different players, so “out of kilter” for an incident which is, thankfully, very isolated within the game is an odd way of phrasing it.

28 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I can’t think of any incidents where I’ve ever seen one player punch three different players, so “out of kilter” for an incident which is, thankfully, very isolated within the game is an odd way of phrasing it.

Lee Mossop Knocked out Hurrell and punched at least one other person last year, not sure what ban he got though.

Im sure there were quite a few posters defending Mossop at the time as Hurrell ran at him.

Edited by Chrispmartha

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Lee Mossop Knocked out Hurrell and punched at least one other person last year, not sure what ban he got though.

Im sure there were quite a few posters defending Mossop at the time as Hurrell ran at him.

Two games for Mossop on Hurrell, which was a Grade C charge. 

This is like one of those awful Aussie RL books digging up the past to show they should've won every ashes series that ever there was. Come on everyone there will be errors by the refs and the judiciary and we'll always be unhappy when it's one of ours and someone else usuallly from Wigan gets off with a wagged finger but none of it's real.

Apart from the bit abit wigan of course!

Edited by Oxford

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

The game has really tightened up on punching.

These are super strong and quick athletes working in a combative environment. There's a big risk that punching could lead to disastrous consequences when players are pumped up.

So we need a deterrent hence long bans.

As ever some will think harsh, some will think fine, I accept it's long, and Holroyd is a great player, future international for me, but I accept the panels decision. 

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Major false equivalency being made between being ten games for one offence and nothing on field for two offences.

There's a balance in between and this ban is miles out of kilter. Unfortunately the appeals process is now so deliberately broken that it's not even worth going down that route.

Out of kilter? He is technically guilty of a number of offences as he punches, violently, to the head more than 1 opponent. It was thuggery by any definition and has zero place on a RL pitch

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yes, again, i can think it’s worthy of a ban and unacceptable behaviour whilst thinking the ban is too long, the two opinions don’t contradict each other.

Multiple top end offences wouldn’t seem to indicate that the ban is too long

Bulls Viewpoint 2022:

Tom Holroyd was incensed when he walked off. He wanted to still have a go at the Barrow subs on the touchline. I suspect something had been said or done that was not directly indicated on the video.

He's a good player ... probably will  be a really good player ... but he's got to channel his aggression more professionally. He was playing on loan and, in fairness, giving more effort for us than many loan players have.

Bulls Viewpoint 2000:

Dirty Leeds prop gets a 10-game ban.

😉

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police