Jump to content

Midland Hurricanes


clifford
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sunday 

Must win game IMHO. In fact any type of win is the priority. 1 point or 30 points.

They are above us in the league. So it could be interesting how this pans out

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

God knows what will happen. After skolars and swinton,who knows. Hoping for the best,not expecting anything tbh. Can't be disappointed that way 

Let's not bracket the Skolars and Swinton games as similar. There was a massive improvement in performance and effort against Swinton - a match on another day we might have nicked - compared to the debacle in London.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Where has it all gone wrong? New coach with a reputation for open play and a stand-off that we needed last season. Let's hope for a win, and like others have said a new start to the season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, thecrab said:

Where has it all gone wrong that we're battling for a mid table position in the bottom tier against Midlands f****in hurricanes....what a mess 😬

Where do you want to start? The sale of Watersheddings? Bankruptcies? The failure to secure a ground? The lack of Council support? Latics holding us over a barrel. The creaming of revenue by Super League? The lack of promotion/ relegation to/ from SL reinforcing the gap between the haves and perennial have-nots. The inability to find a home in Oldham. No doubt some management decisions and policies. In a sense the question should be ‘How the hell are we still in some sort of operation as a club?’ in the face of such odds. It’s been a mess. It is a mess. But the only way to get better is build slowly and organically on strong foundations, which I guess demands the involvement and support of us all.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People have short memories. These things happen in sport. I remember the days of one division of about 30 clubs and one season we finished next to bottom. The only team below us (I think) was Blackpool Borough. These days it's all about money and we aint got much. What we do have is an owner who's an absolute gem at keeping us going against all the odds.

 

Again, let's talk about memory. Only a few short months ago, the big debate among fans was whether or not we would even have a club. Well, we are still here. struggling on the field, that's true, but probably stronger off it than we have been for years with John Roddy in as vice chairman; new and regular links with the other rugby league organisations in the town; a vibrant new Supporters Club, YEDS, run by young people; new relationships with Oldham Council; the new agreement for joint use of Melrose which opens up new training and community-initiative opportunities; the launch of a women's team and a masters team for over-35s. I could go on.

 

Suffice to say, a lot of people are giving their time, energy and skills to battle and work for the club they love, so PLEASE stick with us and give us your support. Times are tough, we know that, but we either throw in the towel or we fight the good fight.

 

We prefer to do the latter -- and thus give a lift to the guy who, for nearly quarter of a century, has proved time and again that he doesn't know the existence of the word 'quit'.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Roger and Out said:

People have short memories. These things happen in sport. I remember the days of one division of about 30 clubs and one season we finished next to bottom. The only team below us (I think) was Blackpool Borough. These days it's all about money and we aint got much. What we do have is an owner who's an absolute gem at keeping us going against all the odds.

 

Again, let's talk about memory. Only a few short months ago, the big debate among fans was whether or not we would even have a club. Well, we are still here. struggling on the field, that's true, but probably stronger off it than we have been for years with John Roddy in as vice chairman; new and regular links with the other rugby league organisations in the town; a vibrant new Supporters Club, YEDS, run by young people; new relationships with Oldham Council; the new agreement for joint use of Melrose which opens up new training and community-initiative opportunities; the launch of a women's team and a masters team for over-35s. I could go on.

 

Suffice to say, a lot of people are giving their time, energy and skills to battle and work for the club they love, so PLEASE stick with us and give us your support. Times are tough, we know that, but we either throw in the towel or we fight the good fight.

 

We prefer to do the latter -- and thus give a lift to the guy who, for nearly quarter of a century, has proved time and again that he doesn't know the existence of the word 'quit'.

Great Post !

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Roger and Out said:

People have short memories. These things happen in sport. I remember the days of one division of about 30 clubs and one season we finished next to bottom. The only team below us (I think) was Blackpool Borough. These days it's all about money and we aint got much. What we do have is an owner who's an absolute gem at keeping us going against all the odds.

 

Again, let's talk about memory. Only a few short months ago, the big debate among fans was whether or not we would even have a club. Well, we are still here. struggling on the field, that's true, but probably stronger off it than we have been for years with John Roddy in as vice chairman; new and regular links with the other rugby league organisations in the town; a vibrant new Supporters Club, YEDS, run by young people; new relationships with Oldham Council; the new agreement for joint use of Melrose which opens up new training and community-initiative opportunities; the launch of a women's team and a masters team for over-35s. I could go on.

 

Suffice to say, a lot of people are giving their time, energy and skills to battle and work for the club they love, so PLEASE stick with us and give us your support. Times are tough, we know that, but we either throw in the towel or we fight the good fight.

 

We prefer to do the latter -- and thus give a lift to the guy who, for nearly quarter of a century, has proved time and again that he doesn't know the existence of the word 'quit'.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Well said. Certain commenters only come on here to whinge and refuse to acknowledge all the blood, sweat and tears that goes on to keep the club alive. A big thank you to everyone for all the hard work they do behind the scenes and to the supporters who have stuck it out through the hard times and the good.

Edited by WellWisher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WellWisher said:

Well said. Certain commenters only come on here to whinge and refuse to acknowledge all the blood, sweat and tears that goes on to keep the club alive. A big thank you to everyone for all the hard work they do behind the scenes and to the supporters who have stuck it out through the hard times and the good.

I can only speak for myself but whenever it might come across as moaning it's not. I want the best for the club as I always have done. 100% agree with you recognizing the behind the scenes stuff what goes on. Down the years the chairman's "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to" attitude hasn't helped,he seems to have seen the light(thank God). People pay a fee to watch the game so that in my book entitles you to an opinion as it a professional club,thanks to this wonderful forum. We are all stakeholders of the club as season ticket holders. Anyway hope we get our elusive win today. Fingers and toes are crossed. Me and my son will be there cheering the boys on.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I can only speak for myself but whenever it might come across as moaning it's not. I want the best for the club as I always have done. 100% agree with you recognizing the behind the scenes stuff what goes on. Down the years the chairman's "it's my party and I'll cry if I want to" attitude hasn't helped,he seems to have seen the light(thank God). People pay a fee to watch the game so that in my book entitles you to an opinion as it a professional club,thanks to this wonderful forum. We are all stakeholders of the club as season ticket holders. Anyway hope we get our elusive win today. Fingers and toes are crossed. Me and my son will be there cheering the boys on.

I absolutely wasn't referring to you Moorside. In actual fact, I consider you to be one of the the steadfast supporters that I was applauding, so many apologies if I offended you. As a paying supporter you absolutely are entitled to your opinion, it's those who only crawl out of the woodwork to moan that I find so irritating and I reckon it's a safe bet that they'll be conspicuous by their absence after today's excellent score.

Edited by WellWisher
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Roger and Out said:

People have short memories. These things happen in sport. I remember the days of one division of about 30 clubs and one season we finished next to bottom. The only team below us (I think) was Blackpool Borough. These days it's all about money and we aint got much. What we do have is an owner who's an absolute gem at keeping us going against all the odds.

 

Again, let's talk about memory. Only a few short months ago, the big debate among fans was whether or not we would even have a club. Well, we are still here. struggling on the field, that's true, but probably stronger off it than we have been for years with John Roddy in as vice chairman; new and regular links with the other rugby league organisations in the town; a vibrant new Supporters Club, YEDS, run by young people; new relationships with Oldham Council; the new agreement for joint use of Melrose which opens up new training and community-initiative opportunities; the launch of a women's team and a masters team for over-35s. I could go on.

 

Suffice to say, a lot of people are giving their time, energy and skills to battle and work for the club they love, so PLEASE stick with us and give us your support. Times are tough, we know that, but we either throw in the towel or we fight the good fight.

 

We prefer to do the latter -- and thus give a lift to the guy who, for nearly quarter of a century, has proved time and again that he doesn't know the existence of the word 'quit'.

 

Absolutely brilliant post and so true.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, WellWisher said:

I absolutely wasn't referring to you Moorside. In actual fact, I consider you to be one of the the steadfast supporters that I was applauding, so many apologies if I offended you. As a paying supporter you absolutely are entitled to your opinion, it's those who only crawl out of the woodwork to moan that I find so irritating and I reckon it's a safe bet that they'll be conspicuous by their absence after today's excellent score.

At the end of the day we all want what's best for the club. I admit I do have the occasional rant and rave on here but it's through frustration. I simply can't believe where we've ended up. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...