Widnes vikings

Town blue white

2 minutes ago, wonky said:

Devoid of ideas in attack, poor in defence, don’t learn from our errors, and some seem to give up yet again. Game over as far as this season is concerned. 

Whole club is a shambles, we are no better off the field either if what I heard today about the 2 French players is correct.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Outplayed and outfoxed by a moderate team today.

We have gone backwards from last season and honestly think this team wouldn't do much in league 1.

Thought the 2 wigan boys had a dig.

Unfortunately we are at our lowest and there's holyroyd sitting in the stands with the 2 French lads also.

Was this one, we had targeted for a win?

As a pensioner would rather put £12 in the car tank than pay to watch that utter dross. Anybody else posts about getting down and support the lads they've had it I will not be back. Better things to do on a Sunday afternoon, like watching my lawn grow!!

• Like 1

Gonna have to rename us WORKINGTON TOWN NIL. Never came close to scoring again, I'm so annoyed and gutted because despite the score, that was one bang average Widnes team. Been a while since I felt so low after a game, it was 71 min before we eventually decided to use our kicking game with a stiff wind at our back. Why ?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I could say I’m angry and embarrassed but honestly I’ve gone past it . I just sat there watching the seagulls and waiting to go home . Absolutely nothing there end of

Exactly I was bored stiff watching us do the same old things that never work, it was like watching Jack Murphy watching Oscar Thomas . Same every week. Clueless. 

Apparently Thorman said on the radio afterwards that some of the team had played their last game for the club today cos he isn’t going to pick them anymore. All well and good but who is he going to replace them with ?

• Like 1

Truly dreadful today. Made a workman like Widnes team look like Wigan at times. We never looked like scoring, in fact I am happy when we're in another teams half now, nevermind scoring.. I came right yam after the game couldn't be bothered with a pint anywhere

• Like 3

Is this gonna be a record for the amount of times we get nilled in a season? 

I honestly can't understand the tactics at present especially in the first half. We were utterly toothless, all flair seems to have been removed from the lads.  Some aren't giving 100% which is disappointing. 

Widnes got a bit of luck with a couple of tries, had a couple of set plays come off then just targeted Buffer and got a couple that way. 

2nd half we at least tried something different than the robotic same attacking plays that don't work, but still didn't threaten much.  For a team that trains 3 times a week we look pretty devoid of imagination in our attacking plays.

I can't blame the folk that says they won't be back as there's a difference between a valiant defeat and getting nilled most weeks.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 minutes ago, Andrew Newton said:

Truly dreadful today. Made a workman like Widnes team look like Wigan at times. We never looked like scoring, in fact I am happy when we're in another teams half now, nevermind scoring.. I came right yam after the game couldn't be bothered with a pint anywhere

Bloody hell mate, it must be bad .😱

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, townie88 said:

In short. I won't be back for a while. 

Time and money is to precious to be spent coming away feeling fed up every other week

I can't blame anyone for giving a Town game a miss at the minute. In fact I might be getting a perm next week 😉😂

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Apparently Thorman said on the radio afterwards that some of the team had played their last game for the club today cos he isn’t going to pick them anymore. All well and good but who is he going to replace them with ?

Honestly it looked to me that they’ve downed tools . The ones we rely on are going through the motions . He can throw players under the bus but it’s his bus , he takes responsibility only he never seems to 

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Honestly it looked to me that they’ve downed tools . The ones we rely on are going through the motions . He can throw players under the bus but it’s his bus , he takes responsibility only he never seems to 

Yep, he doesn’t seem to be able to motivate players. I’ve been told he’s a pretty surly character with a bit of an ego and doesn’t take criticism well. 

Makes it worse when you see teams around us putting up a fight and giving it a go. London were 28-0 down at half-time today against Sheffield but they’ve come out and thrown the ball about and scored 34 unanswered points to win 34-28. Haven drawing 26-26 at Batley after being 12-0 down. We just buckle and give in.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Derwent said:

He said same after barrow game and nothing changed 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

38 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Exactly I was bored stiff watching us do the same old things that never work, it was like watching Jack Murphy watching Oscar Thomas . Same every week. Clueless. 

Bored stiff also... I could have easily left with 25 mins on the clock. 

12 minutes ago, wonky said:

He said same after barrow game and nothing changed 

That’s cos he’s got nobody to replace them with. He’s chased away the local fringe squad players. Plus we have spent money bringing over the 2 lads from Catalans and can’t play them 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Just now, TOWN TILL I DIE said:

What was the crack with them? only we could do that 

Well from what I heard we aren’t going to see them in a Town shirt. Brought them over on a month’s loan but the people who are now running the club didn’t realise they needed a work permit now we have left the EU. So the club didn’t apply for them and they can’t play without them. By the time they get them now their loan period will be just about up. Absolute shambles.

• Like 1

Anyone thinking haven might get dragged into the relegation battle (me) can thinki again, amazing result at Batley who put 66 on us without reply. Looking like us and Dewsbury, not gonna give up on the team I've followed for nearly 60yrs but it's becoming the same old feeling waking up on a Sunday morning and thinking, oh #### another Town game. 🙈

• Like 2

Im in two minds if I put myself through the Leigh game - could be our worst result in a long time next week...... then again if we get an early try and defend well it could be one of our best..

Up the Town- see you next week!

• Like 3