Never heard of Leigh??

16 minutes ago, Griff said:

How long does it take to walk to the LSV ?

Bring your sturdy boots

image.png.610323e315d340652b859c71ce2db31b.png

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

She'd only heard of Wigan because of some Dutch football players that played for Wigan Athletic in their Premier League days . Thats the power of football and the Premier League ,

Chances are that plenty of Brits have only heard of Wigan because of the soccer club's time in the PL too.

Edited by Big Picture

9 hours ago, binosh said:

The atmosphere in the town has been fantastic since the start of the euros, the council and the LSV have really made an effort and it shows. I’m glad they have had every success after all their hard work. Nice to see such a positive piece for a change of reading all the negative RL ones. 

If it was RL, there would be posts bemoaning the fact that women, yes, women were allowed to play the game, but not just that, but women from other countries and cities that aren't former pit and mill towns!

#gamesgone

#IndustrialNorthernEnglandTownsOnly

5 minutes ago, meast said:

I hope Gubrats made sure the Dutch and Swedes could park their coaches 🙂 

I already changed my post , but don't worry I'll keep my eyes on those Swedish female football fans tomorrow just in case any Dutch ones turn up ? 😉

4 minutes ago, meast said:

If it was RL, there would be posts bemoaning the fact that women, yes, women were allowed to play the game, but not just that, but women from other countries and cities that aren't former pit and mill towns!

#gamesgone

You a ' Love Island ' fan Meast ? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Good old Leigh. 

Was going to go tomorrow but caught that bloody virus !  It will no doubt come across well on TV and good luck to both sides 👍

What a shame , you won't be able to sit with all those Swedish female football fans 😉

Just now, GUBRATS said:

What a shame , you won't be able to sit with all those Swedish female football fans 😉

Was going to take my daughter who will mingle with them well. 

My dark shades would have come in handy 🤣🤣

10 hours ago, gingerjon said:

My experience of trying to match drinks with serious Dutch boozers is that I'd plan your route home in advance and not have anything in the diary for the next couple of days.

Well that won't be a train route then

1 hour ago, meast said:

#gamesgone

Sad but true.  We’re a game full of dullards 😞

2 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Chances are that plenty of Brits have only heard of Wigan because of the soccer club's time in the PL too.

The only Brits who know that there is a Newcastle in Australia will be rugby league fans.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I found out there was a 3rd Sunderland in England on Tuesday (there may be more!)

As a small child in Bury, I was livid when I discovered that Bury Town play in Suffolk.

And don't even get me started on the nonsense about where Leeds keeps its castle.

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

As a small child in Bury, I was livid when I discovered that Bury Town play in Suffolk.

And don't even get me started on the nonsense about where Leeds keeps its castle.

I'm more annoyed about Belvoir Castle... massive disappointment.. (if you know you know)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Is that like being a bus stop in Wigan?

• Like 1