Wales vs Lebanon at Swinton

7 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Or no pride?

Think he would have played had he not got banned for 3 games in last Cats game, meaning he would likely have only been available for one likely dead rubber against PNG, so Kear selected someone who'd potentially be available for all the games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Colin James said:

Excuse my ignorance but do they have the same scoring system?

Yes. 4 points for a try 2 for penalties, 1 for a Drop goal (probably a lo t harder in a moving wheelchair!!)

13 hours ago, gingerjon said:

We had to stage around 3/4 of the games within the Northern Powerhouse region. It's a big region and includes north Wales.

We're staging all of the games bar one men's semi final and some wheelchair prelims within the region, mostly in a very tight section of it.

Wales Wheelchair next warmup is in Cardiff Met Uni....vs Australia

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ned Smiley said:

Think he would have played had he not got banned for 3 games in last Cats game, meaning he would likely have only been available for one likely dead rubber against PNG, so Kear selected someone who'd potentially be available for all the games. 

When was the last time he pulled a Welsh shirt on?

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

When was the last time he pulled a Welsh shirt on?

2016 by the looks, 2013 before that.

Unfortunately there is always a few of these players who never seem to be available for their tier 2 nation. Tariq Sims is another one that sticks out, hasn’t played for Fiji since 2013.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jim_57 said:

2016 by the looks, 2013 before that.

Unfortunately there is always a few of these players who never seem to be available for their tier 2 nation. Tariq Sims is another one that sticks out, hasn’t played for Fiji since 2013.

It’s really tricky. I agree with you in that I’d love to see Dudson, Sims et al represent more regularly to help these nations become more legitimate and competitive. 

These players however have families, transfers, off-seasons, surgeries, house moves to contend with as their time all the while being in the sport’s only extended international window. 

In an ideal world, I’d give players three opportunities a year to represent thus reducing the burden on them as humans and equally expanded opportunities to play. 

For me…

1 in May

2 in July

3 in November

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dudson would be but suspended. Knowles did a 'Carvell', Regan has gone to Union and Flower retired last year, and White is still out with long term injury? Still... 12/24 born and bred in that squad. I thought the match was a competitive hit out, and worth the 7h round trip. Their full back really made the difference with two line breaks and a couple of opportunist tries in the 1st half, whereas Y Dreigiau squandered 2 great chances. Again pleased to come back into the game 2nd half and Curtis scored 2 great tries. Execution was the difference really. Feel slightly more confident than before but still expecting 3 defeats. Again the experience of a Frizzell (admittedly now Aus) or Grace would have made a big difference. 500 there, bit disappointed speaking to the Swinton management but no surprise really. Scotland played in Edinburgh and we should have had this at the Arms Park/Memorial Ground where we would have got double that. 

Edited by sgorpioncaerdyddrob

CARDIFF CITY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB cardiffrugbyleague.com
BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS!
Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth

On 08/10/2022 at 17:08, gogledd said:

In the other World Cup warm up game ....Wales Wheelchair 67 -52 Ireland Wheelchair

Also the women won the European Championship B, also beating Ireland 44-4 in Dublin. 

• Like 3

CARDIFF CITY RUGBY LEAGUE FOOTBALL CLUB cardiffrugbyleague.com
BLUE BLUE BLUE DRAGONS!
Rygbi Gynghrair Cymru am byth