The Transfer Rumour Mill Thread

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Frawleys ‘form’ for Canberra and indeed Huddersfield means nothing in relation to how he will go next year for Leeds

I'd agree to the extent that it isn't predetermining anything, but it doesn't mean "nothing" either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

I'd agree to the extent that it isn't predetermining anything, but it doesn't mean "nothing" either.

It means something in relation to Canberra, but he’ll be playing in a totally different with different players and in s different competition.

He’s clearly not rubbish, he wouldn’t have featured for Canberra if he was.

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

I watched 3 of the last 4.

I didn't watch the pummelling by the Panthers, which he got dropped from thereafter. Did you?

Ok sure mate, agree to disagree 🤝 

I’m sure we both couldn’t really care about Matt Frawley.

Edited by NRLandSL

10 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

I’ve called Frawley great/fantastic in every post. Frawley was Fantastic in Canberra’s last season push and I stand by that. Not sure when I changed my mind. I said “13 man game” in response to you saying he was bad in those games and it was Frawley’s fault Canberra lost to some of the top teams in the league, leading me to believe you did not watch a single game he played. No offence mate but you’re quite clueless about rugby league if you think scoring 2 tries in 4 games is bad form.

I never said it was Frawley's fault. You are just making stuff up now. This is just another post of contradictions.

So I'm clueless about Rugby League, I mean you are supposedly new to this forum, aren't you so that's quite an assumption? I'd also say that you are the clueless one if you think 2 tries in 4 games means a player is in good form.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Yes, Ricky Stuart of all people isn't going to pick someone rubbish at halfback for Canberra.

Leeds I think would like him to be similar to someone like Andrew Dunemann. When Dunemann came to the club in 2003 he had the benefit of having proven himself as a dependable player in SL over several years. Clearly Frawley hasn't quite done that although at least he has the benefit of having played here before so he'll know what he's getting into in terms of broader culture and climate.

We'll see what happens, there's a good % of big name NRL players who simply don't perform as hoped in SL and there's likewise a very good number of people with no real reputation who become very good SL players. Making predictions on how a player is going to go at this stage, before he's pulled on a shirt and settled into a new team with a new spine, is pretty foolhardy really.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I would imagine they will, like they have with numerous other signings that Lam has identified in the last 2 seasons. 

Personally, I’d be happy to play Mellor at 6 and use the overseas spot on an outside back 

Don't agree Higgy re Mellor, Joe has shown is worth far more coming of the bench in whichever position, he just exudes energy far more in both defence and attack in the knowledge that he is not required to play the full 80, his defence especially has been excellent when he comes on.

Heard anything re Reynolds since his move to Fev has now seemingly fallen through? Then we also have Macnamara, does he kick goals? I have a feeling that if Reynolds stays he will get the nod for his goal kicking if Macnamara offers no better in general play.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't agree Higgy re Mellor, Joe has shown is worth far more coming of the bench in whichever position, he just exudes energy far more in both defence and attack in the knowledge that he is not required to play the full 80, his defence especially has been excellent when he comes on.

Heard anything re Reynolds since his move to Fev has now seemingly fallen through? Then we also have Macnamara, does he kick goals? I have a feeling that if Reynolds stays he will get the nod for his goal kicking if Macnamara offers no better in general play.

Reynolds is coming to fev Harry, 

23 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I really hope Smith doesn't try to do anything weird this year.

I spoke to the new club captain Beryl the tea lady and she seems to think everything will be more normal this season. 

• Haha 7

31 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I really hope Smith doesn't try to do anything weird this year.

Looking from the outside, I would say it is in his remit to do some weird things, I know you were not to impressed with him last year Tommy and I would say that with tge recruitment programme and the money spent if the team does not hit the ground running he will not be there long, the hierarchy and fans will not be accepting of a bedding in period they will want immediate results, me thinks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Looking from the outside, I would say it is in his remit to do some weird things, I know you were not to impressed with him last year Tommy and I would say that with tge recruitment programme and the money spent if the team does not hit the ground running he will not be there long, the hierarchy and fans will not be accepting of a bedding in period they will want immediate results, me thinks.

There has to be a bedding in period, it would be very difficult for a whole new spine to be at full tilt straight away, however there should be enough quality to be up the top end rather than the bottom end in the opening few rounds.

if were bottom 4 with 10-12 games gone, he will be gone.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It means something in relation to Canberra, but he’ll be playing in a totally different with different players and in s different competition.

I'm not saying he is rubbish, although anyone who's leading attribute when being signed is "he's a good bloke" doesn't inspire me with on field confidence.

I just don't think his past playing history can be completely discounted.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Its a broader discussion than for here H, but if he wants to be at a club where he can experiment then our board should not let that be Leeds Rhinos, its too big and with too much expectation to let weird methods loose.

I think if we lose the majority of our opening 4-8 games, he'll be gone. 

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

I know that was tha intention Rover but you were expected to be in SL next season then, seeing that Mr Campbell has said he is pulling back on his personal funding I just wondered if he is still going?

I’ve heard it’s a done deal Harry just waiting for announcement. The others like Eden Austin etc are not happening. 

Edited by Rovers13
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

McNamara is seen as a hooker by Lam and has signed to essentially take the role Mellor was doing from the bench late last year. Mellor will drop down the pecking order as injury cover and a quote spot will be used to fill the 6 spot. If we don't sign a kicker then it should be Gaz O'Brien taking conversions, not sure why he wasn't last year considering he has more career goals than Ben Reynolds and was the primary goal kicker at pretty much every club he's been at until Leigh

1 hour ago, NRLandSL said:

Ok sure mate, agree to disagree 🤝 

I’m sure we both couldn’t really care about Matt Frawley.

I couldn't care about Frawley either (although I don't rate him much). I was just pleased to see Beau Falloon get a mention earlier. I'd completely forgotten about him!

Apart from that, good to see Leeds pushing the boat out. While it's been great fun to see them floundering, we've had our laughs, and the league will be much much better for a strong Leeds side.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I know that was tha intention Rover but you were expected to be in SL next season then, seeing that Mr Campbell has said he is pulling back on his personal funding I just wondered if he is still going?

just for you Harry lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Rovers13 said:

just for you Harry lol. 

Cracking signing for Fev that, been a great servant for us even if not shown the proper appreciation by the fans he deserved. Leigh needed better to keep progressing but I'd have liked to have kept him as backup. I believe his wage demands were higher than the valuation the club placed on him though. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Cracking signing for Fev that, been a great servant for us even if not shown the proper appreciation by the fans he deserved. Leigh needed better to keep progressing but I'd have liked to have kept him as backup. I believe his wage demands were higher than the valuation the club placed on him though. 

We will see rob after last season if we signed thurston I’d be weary lol. 

• Haha 2